2019 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm certain Eagles fans travel in greater numbers than Green Bay fans- multiple occasions that we've taken over the away stadium in the last few years.

Wow, great for them... I didn't realise their electronic ankle bracelets would allow them to do that!

Wow, great for them... I didn't realise their electronic ankle bracelets would allow them to do that!

Oh please, like we're taking sociological insults from a region whose greatest products are cheese and inbreeding.

Matches made in heaven do get interesting.

If say, Foles had a Pederson or Belichick type in his first couple of years (rather than a madman) as well as solid FO support, could we have been talking about 2 dynasties running side by side, Eagles & Pats? It's not a huge stretch to get there. Foles first year numbers obviously werent a fluke, just unsustainable (as everything else was) under Kelly & it's a valid argument to say Foles had the first part of his career flushed by coaching mismanagement.
No matter how bad the Raiders were that day, a QB who can throw for 7 TDs, a historically record number, in a game, has something going for him. Chip botched it all, luckily Lurie fixed it sooner than later. But Foles still at the Eagles under Roseman and no Chip, would've been interesting.

No matter how bad the Raiders were that day, a QB who can throw for 7 TDs, a historically record number, in a game, has something going for him. Chip botched it all, luckily Lurie fixed it sooner than later. But Foles still at the Eagles under Roseman and no Chip, would've been interesting.

I often wonder about what might've happened if the Chiefs hadnt gone back to Smith. My money is Foles would have at least made a superbowl by now with that stacked offense.

I often wonder about what might've happened if the Chiefs hadnt gone back to Smith. My money is Foles would have at least made a superbowl by now with that stacked offense.
What ifs...

:think:
Foles/Reid (despite chiefs being chiefs) would've had back-to-back SBs.
Mahomes would probably be a Buffalo Bill

Largely speaking the Patriots are not exceptional drafters.

The genius that is Bill Belicheck had one of the all time greatest quarterbacks ever stapled to the bench

Only a fortuitous injury allowed him to see what he lucked into

Secret to his success--Tom Brady

End of story

What ifs...

:think:
Foles/Reid (despite chiefs being chiefs) would've had back-to-back SBs.
Mahomes would probably be a Buffalo Bill

Foles probably still would never have started a full 16 game season, nor reached 3,000 passing yards in a season. Some people talk about Foles like he is Brady when Drew Bledsoe went down. He has been a journey man all his life and happened to catch lightning in a bottle at the end of last season.

If you want to know who the real Nick Foles in watch the first few Eagles games of this season.

Foles probably still would never have started a full 16 game season, nor reached 3,000 passing yards in a season. Some people talk about Foles like he is Brady when Drew Bledsoe went down. He has been a journey man all his life and happened to catch lightning in a bottle at the end of last season.

If you want to know who the real Nick Foles in watch the first few Eagles games of this season.
Why is that the real Nick Foles and not the one who made the SB run last year and this year?

The genius that is Bill Belicheck had one of the all time greatest quarterbacks ever stapled to the bench

Only a fortuitous injury allowed him to see what he lucked into

Secret to his success--Tom Brady

End of story
Um, Bill Belichick hurried Brady into the starters role, while many still wanted Bledsoe to continue. Belichick knew what he had tho others didnt realize it.

Why is that the real Nick Foles and not the one who made the SB run last year and this year?

get out of here with that delusional nonsense.

& that wasnt Brady who threw that 3rd pick to lose the game for the Pats last week if not for a Dee Ford brain fade, only other QB's stink the joint up, never Brady...

Last edited:
get out of here with that delusional nonsense.

& that wasnt Brady who threw that 3rd pick to lose the game for the Pats last week if not for a Dee Ford brain fade, only other QB's stink the joint up, never Brady...
QBs have bad games, bad stretches of games. Just as they might have good games and stretches of games. Can't really define a QB based on a specific stretch of one's own choosing. I remember Brady had a pathetic run thru the first month or so a few years back, people had written him off and said "finally he's fallen off the cliff"....he eventually went to three super bowls in a row AFTER then.

Just on lining up offside/neutral zone infraction, I never get it when it happens. I know players are exhausted, highly stressed, in the zone with little awareness of anything other than their role in the next play, concussed to some level maybe at times. But the ball - look at it & line up behind it. It's not as if it's all just green grass & you have to kind of guess where the LOS is - there's ****ing lines all over the place & big orange ****ing poles on the sideline for reference. It's the one infraction that drives me nuts so can only imagine how the coaches deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QBs have bad games, bad stretches of games. Just as they might have good games and stretches of games. Can't really define a QB based on a specific stretch of one's own choosing. I remember Brady had a pathetic run thru the first month or so a few years back, people had written him off and said "finally he's fallen off the cliff"....he eventually went to three super bowls in a row AFTER then.

exactly.

Oh just 6 years in the league as a body of work as opposed to 3 months with a team who were already well on the way to a deep playoff run when he took over.

Oh just 6 years in the league as a body of work as opposed to 3 months with a team who were already well on the way to a deep playoff run when he took over.
Jim Plunkett had a shit career until he landed a good gig. But who was the "real" Plunkett.

Jim Plunkett had a shit career until he landed a good gig. But who was the "real" Plunkett.

Jim Plunkett is the QB all journey men QBs like Nick Foles aspire to be.

speaking of QBs and Raiders....

-----------

Lots of suspicion that Jon Gruden/Mike Mayock will take a quarterback high (they’ve got three first-round picks) and NOT trade Derek Carr. As one personnel guy told me, the Kansas City model of having a young guy learn under a willing veteran as Patrick Mahomes had with Alex Smith could be tempting. Now Smith is a special case; he’s generous to a fault. Not sure Carr would be that willing to help a young kid take his job.

Good way to waste a high pick. With all their needs? Nuts

Your right...you would think even if Carr was a placeholder he would do whilst they fill out all the other positions....it's not like he hasn't won in the league already

Your right...you would think even if Carr was a placeholder he would do whilst they fill out all the other positions....it's not like he hasn't won in the league already

In those 10 games before season finale he had 12-0 TD/INT ratio and couple of nice games against Chiefs and Steelers.

Um, Bill Belichick hurried Brady into the starters role, while many still wanted Bledsoe to continue. Belichick knew what he had tho others didnt realize it.

That's completely false. He was stapled to bench with zero chance of being a starter until an injury forced BB to play him.

If he was half the genius he is claimed to be, 1) he wouldn't have waited until end of draft to pick him and 2) wouldn't have sat him for more than a year

He lucked into it

That's completely false. He was stapled to bench with zero chance of being a starter until an injury forced BB to play him.

If he was half the genius he is claimed to be, 1) he wouldn't have waited until end of draft to pick him and 2) wouldn't have sat him for more than a year

He lucked into it
I agree that the Patriots fate turned on the Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe, but in BBs defense he did waste a roster spot with Brady as an unheard of 4th quarterback the previous season, so you'd think he had some inclination of Bradys value.

He lucked into it

He's a 6th rounder. He had no college experience. He needed time to develop etc. Credit to Tom and his QB/OC coaches, more than Belichick there. I agree he lucked into him. But he was brave still to put his faith in Tom even after Bledsoe was right to go. He knew he could bank on him now. Ok, lucked into it still.

Regardless of that tho....Belichick controls the entire football operations. It's all his methodology, preparation, scouting, etc etc. He created the Patriots dynasty.

As I said well before....without each other, both would've gone on and won 2-3 Lombardis each at different teams. But together they get 5 or 6 or more. There's a lot that's Tom, because he has to actually perform and execute. But there's also a damn lot that Bill does that you're just disrespecting here, painting him out as a nobdoy who lucked into Lombardis and conference domination, unheralded in the annals of pro football, and in this free agency parity-driven era too. You can't just waft it away just because you're salty at his Browns tenure. Everyone has a beginning, a learning curve. Also, he won some SBs with Parcells as DC. So there's proof there before Tom came around that he knows his shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back