2019 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darling v Chad
Chad for mine. Don’t think he’s chance to play mid (With Titch going down) is as high as some on here may believe but still think he will be a decent fwd option and avg over 90. Think he will predominantly play fwd with the odd hit out through the middle. I see the percentages being something like 75/25 fwd/mid. In saying that, I can still see him averaging 20 disposals and a goal or two a game. Have big hopes on him as a Hawks fan

860 for a D3 and F4.

A couple of combos would be
A) Z.Williams & a speculative forward (Billings, Parfitt, Curnow, Worpel)
OR
B) Hanley/Roberton (one at D3 & other one at D4) & Heeney

Both options leave with me approx 40-70k (depending on who I pick), although I could go Greene at F4 and have 100k left over which I feel is important if I'm picking a couple of possible 'fix-its' in the first 2-3 rounds (i.e. Kreuzer...).

I'm leaning option B because I feel more confident in Hanley/Roberton than the forward speculative picks, plus at this early stage (and seemingly most years) defender rookies seem to bat deeper than forwards (Doedee, Murray etc last year meant a lighter backline wasn't setting you back too much).

Not sure if Gawn can back up what he produced last year. Toying around with Kreuzer to see what else I could do to my side with the spare coin. Have just enough leftover money to change Smith to Williams if I want. Gawn is less risk than Kreuzer. But I can see Gawn’s avg dropping and Kreuzer’s rising. By how much no one knows. Hopefully the gap is bridged enough that my upgrades from rookies to mid pricers/potential keepers is covered by the Gawn/Kreuzer difference in avg. Someone(Can’t remember who) posted in one of the threads they are running a different setup then previous years as they have finished top 2k regularly but can’t make ground on the front runners due to having the same team as many others come the mid-late part of the season. I’m in a similar boat. Normally finish pretty high(Top 5k ever since I’ve started playing) haven’t played for a couple years but the last year I played I finished 93rd overall(Was top 10 for a stretch of 6-7 weeks towards the end-Even won the weekly top score along the way), but couldn’t make ground on #1 overall fielding a very similar side. A few risks this year and who knows what can happen. It could well work, or all end in tears. That’s the beauty of this game
FWIW I agree on Gawn. If I had to guess, I'd say he goes at around 115 and he's far from a sure thing to play every game. Still, I don't see any other ruck (other than Reg) averaging higher, so he's probably saving you a trade anyway.
If you're good enough at SC that you finish that high consistently, you're unlikely to find the answer to finishing #1 on a forum anyway :moustache:. You're more likely to be put off your "gut feel" or POD picks.

Williams, quaynor, zerrett, maxxx and chad

Vs

Simmo, hore, steele, goldy and heeney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok in that case then kenties

Gawn, chad and billings

Goldy, lunchmeat and heeney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back