2019 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greene vs SPS
Greene will score high if not suspended or injured
SPS first preseason & looking at breakout

SPS is a gun player. I didn't know it was his first preseason? Had a bigger ceiling in his debut season than in 2018.

2017 - 134, 116, 102, 93, 92, 92 (14 games <90)
2018 - 105, 90 (20 games <90)

Averaged the same both years though, 67.

Love SPS, I think with another season under his belt he has the potential to be very SC relevant but probably not this year.

I'd take Greene, but look for value in that price range in case he doesn't get up for R1. Not many FWDs of note around Greene's price, so I'd be looking at the DEF + MID options as emergencies. (Libba, Miles, Hannebery, Ahern) (Roberton, Smith, Hanley, Moore)

SPS is a gun player. I didn't know it was his first preseason? Had a bigger ceiling in his debut season than in 2018.

2017 - 134, 116, 102, 93, 92, 92 (14 games <90)
2018 - 105, 90 (20 games <90)

Averaged the same both years though, 67.

Love SPS, I think with another season under his belt he has the potential to be very SC relevant but probably not this year.

I'd take Greene, but look for value in that price range in case he doesn't get up for R1. Not many FWDs of note around Greene's price, so I'd be looking at the DEF + MID options as emergencies. (Libba, Miles, Hannebery, Ahern) (Roberton, Smith, Hanley, Moore)
His problem has been fitness based, but this year that may have been rectified - hmmm still 50/50 for me

Fort, Westhoff, Shuey

Vs

Grundy, Walsh, McAdam

Who scores the most? This is if I run with Fort at R2

Fort, Westhoff, Shuey

Vs

Grundy, Walsh, McAdam

If Fort plays it’s hard not seeing the 1st option scoring more points. You have yourself a first choice ruck and two premos v one premo and two rookies. Not to mention less upgrading required

If Fort plays it’s hard not seeing the 1st option scoring more points. You have yourself a first choice ruck and two premos v one premo and two rookies. Not to mention less upgrading required
Is westhoff and shuey going to be unupgradable? Both might not be top 20 in their respective positions. Shuey would be a nice M9 at some point though and westhoff can go to R2 if Fort dies

Is westhoff and shuey going to be unupgradable? Both might not be top 20 in their respective positions. Shuey would be a nice M9 at some point though and westhoff can go to R2 if Fort dies
+1.

Just get SP premos & be done with it.

+1.

Just get SP premos & be done with it.

Depends on what I see from Fort. If he is capable of 80+, I'll take the punt on him at R2 and bank that Westhoff stays a top 6 fwd.

Shuey is intriguing. That 12 last year has plopped him in a tasty position. Due for another 100+ season (hoping 105) and rids me of Walsh potentially making me cry

Agreed. I wouldn’t want Shuey as part of my final on field setup. But as you mentioned, M9 or so is where I’d be wanting him. Decent bench cover. Look to upgrade around them, rookies permitting. My first, and only real rule in SC, never trade premiums. Just my way of looking at it

Agreed. I wouldn’t want Shuey as part of my final on field setup. But as you mentioned, M9 or so is where I’d be wanting him. Decent bench cover. Look to upgrade around them, rookies permitting. My first, and only real rule in SC, never trade premiums. Just my way of looking at it
Agree.

Shuey seems to be durable, so I wouldn't need to burn a trade hopefully

whitfield + roberton vs Williams + mills

Question for me is whether Williams and Mills are likely to become keepers?? otherwise probably not worth considering bc potentially will need to do 2 upgrades.
Whitfield & Roberton
Libba + Greene vs Smith + rookie
Libba & Greene
Luke Ryan vs Callum Mills
Ryan
Greene vs SPS
Greene will score high if not suspended or injured
SPS first preseason & looking at breakout
Greene
Fort, Westhoff, Shuey

Vs

Grundy, Walsh, McAdam

Grundy, Walsh, McAdam

Macrea and goldie

Zerrett and maxxxy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whitfield + roberton vs Williams + mills

Question for me is whether Williams and Mills are likely to become keepers?? otherwise probably not worth considering bc potentially will need to do 2 upgrades.

Hard to say till we get closer to rd 1, but Whitfield seems a strong keeper prospect.
The others all have question marks on them, but Roberton and Williams are probably similar in output and Mills you’d want to see some actual exposed form before considering.
So Whitfield and Roberton.

Libba + Greene vs Smith + rookie

If the rookie presents, option B preferable as a rule. Greene and Libba durability / injury risks and awkward to deal with if they blow up.

Dusty + Brayshaw or Oliver + Libba?

To join Macrae, Cripps and J Kelly

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Dusty + MCrouch if funds allow, think they would.
Crouch not spectacular, but had a low scoring variance last year, Brayshaw was a lot more volatile.
Averse to injury prone blokes on principle, nothing against Libba per se.

Newman vs Mills

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mills of those.
Should have better role and job security, no guarantees on Newman, Carlton have a few blokes they could go with.

T.Kelly V Mundy

T Kelly. Purely on tooth length, Mundy is quality , just reckon at some stage his role and scoring prospects could drop off slightly.

Hibberd v K Kolojashnij?

If you have the option, go a rookie like S Collins if he looks like getting a run and strengthen elsewhere.
If hellbent on one of them, Pig Hibberd.

Macrea and goldie

Zerrett and maxxxy

Zerrett and Gawn unless Preuss is on the loose, then Zerrett and Goldy and use other $ elsewhere.

Macrae quality, just high price and bit of a wait and see on how Bevo has them setting up.

Feel like he could be one to try to upgrade to.

I really like Macrae but

Macrae and FWD rookie VS Libba and Dunkley

Macrae + rookie of those, although I reckon Macrae will shed some $.
Personally try to limit the speculators.
Libba injury risk can’t be ignored, Dunkley was great at the end of last year, but Libba is back, Toby Mclean should be right shoulder-wise, and personally reckon Dogs need to find more time for Bont in the middle etc., so hard to pick.

Zerrett and Gawn unless Preuss is on the loose, then Zerrett and Goldy and use other $ elsewhere.

Macrae quality, just high price and bit of a wait and see on how Bevo has them setting up.

With a quicker game this year, due to the rule changes .....and the 6 x 6 x 6 setups .....I can see this suiting Macrae perfectly !

This is the scenario I really wanted to avoid repeating. Like how I tried to upgrade to Grundy could never do it.

Its far easier to do correctional trades for an underperformer than to get that SP who is dominating. Macrae came back from his injury and went back to scoring like a maniac. Libba wont change things for Macrae imo. They want the the ball in his hands. Its likely his average will drop but 120+ is stil very likely for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back