Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimes talking to the geelong forwards just before the first bounce:
source.gif

The Taylor from 2017 and the Taylor currently playing are very different players , He has fallen off a cliff and can only play defence to spoil
Not even remotly suggesting Taylor will do it again, what I'm saying is it caught us by surprise the different tactic. Same when Jack was out for 2 games with his eye that year. Nank, George and Rioli kicked 3 each and we had 5 others who kicked a goal, following week Caddy 4, Dusty n Cellis 2 and 5 others kicked a goal.
Losing your key forward can sometimes temporarily alter your structure for the better.

Yes no Hawkins makes them more unpredictable in a way, but imo the only replacement that would bother us would be danger..... and if he plays forward their midfield looks weak, especially without duncan

No matter which way you slice it, porkins is a huge out

You do realise if they win, we will find you and remove you from the earth!! Permanently!

The opposition reverse jynx is a loveless position but somebody's gotta do it. I'll take this one for the team.
We win and everyone moves on like you were some negative ECO life of the party campaigner.
We lose and everyone comes for you.
Lol Like I said, somebody's gotta do it. Haha

Vlas to start on Danger when forward

Graham to Selwood when in the middle

The rest they need to worry about us - Lynch/Jack/Lambert/Houli/Nank/Shedwards etc etc etc

Graham to kelly imo

Baker / Dollhouse will be a good little battle.
Baker's backline form has been steadily improving every week and should be good enough not to allow Dollhouse to get of the leash and have a good game.
Dollhouse is a slow and lazy old bastard milking the cats. Least of Baker’s worries mate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graham to kelly imo
I agree graham to kelly would be a better option and more effective

captain Cotch ................... You have to HAVE to take responsibility for Dangerfield
Vlastuin , The Bold preacher
Grimes to rent out the space in Rohan's head on air BnB

The Taylor from 2017 and the Taylor currently playing are very different players , He has fallen off a cliff and can only play defence to spoil
He’s suffering from arthritis poor old stager. Would move faster in a wheelchair old Harry.

I like your line of thinking, Caddy is the type of player that once you challenge him to do a job he will get it done
Caddy needs to be matched up on these slower seasoned campaigners like Robbo and Selwood. They’re a yard slower, but smart and tough enough to do damage. Caddy would love the challenge.

Caddy needs to be matched up on these slower seasoned campaigners like Robbo and Selwood. They’re a yard slower, but smart and tough enough to do damage. Caddy would love the challenge.

Caddy could also hurt selwood going the other way , He could get midfield ball and sprint away and kick 55 mtrs
really like that matchup but we dont tag and doubt we would do it.

Caddy could also hurt selwood going the other way , He could get midfield ball and sprint away and kick 55 mtrs
really like that matchup but we dont tag and doubt we would do it.
It’s not so much tagging him, but keeping the old work horse honest with his physical presence.
As you say Caddy could also bite him on the arse going the other way.
I think WC didn’t pay him much respect and he got the night off.

Round 16 WB played the Cats.
WB doubled their score, scored five goals in the final quarter.
That's how you defeat them.
Like the Pies' first quarter in the QF.
Most of the goals were scored by getting the ball out the back quickly.
The Cats defence didn't have time to reset.
Kelly is a quality player and must be stopped.
Then Danger, Selwood, Guthrie in order.

Last edited:
Two choices.
We leave Dusty onball, and Danger can chat to Grimes about wine because the pill won't be going down there.
Or we back our other mids in, and Dusty dominates down forward and kicks anlther bag.

However, I'm sure both of them will float between the 2 and it becomes a battle of mids and direct back opponents with the two of them.
If Danger goes forward put Broad on him. Broad can have another match winning 2 possesion game for all I care. Broad has the strength and stamina to go with Danger if he sits forward.

Grimes can than dominate someone else intercept marking as he pleases.

Danger is that good in the air I doubt anyone will be taking intercept marks against him. Sit Broad on him and just get him to keep fisting them over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back