Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone so confident -_-
Yes there are some people here that are genuinely confident and all power to them but I think for a lot of us it’s a lot of bravado.

I’m scared shitless that we’re going to choke on Friday night!

Yes there are some people here that are genuinely confident and all power to them but I think for a lot of us it’s a lot of bravado.

I’m scared s**tless that we’re going to choke on Friday night!

Im not confident about the wins per se more so that the side that beats us will need to beat our best bc we will bring it - of that I have no doubt whatsoever.

Got me buggered how 2nd place side missing one very good player, is playing 4th placed side in a Preliminary Final and paying $3.30.
I know they've been patchy since the bye, but what does that say about the Cats as a team?
2nd and 4th? Isn't it 1st against 3rd?

Collingwood match would be a good guide.
Dangerfield was dominant, 651 metres.
Kelly targeted under pressure, only 46% DE.
Pies fast start, 4 goals to one.
Remember the Cats scored 3 goals before half time.
Reduced the Pies buffer from 6 to 3 goals.
Led centre clearances 6-3.
Selwood was MIA.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

since 2017 my mindset towards games has been really different, no matter if it is a home and away game or a final.

With how we play the game I know that if a team is going to beat us, it is going to mean they have played one heck of a game. And all you can do in those cases is applaud them and respect the fact they were able to play a better game.

So friday night I know we will bring the heat, it's what we do. If the Cats are good enough to rise above that for 4 quarters and win then they deserve to be in the GF.

That qualifying final in 2017 is still the greatest game i"ve witnessed and i've been chasing that high ever since. I'm concerned if we beat them again this weekend my dopamine levels will literally break my brain and i'll forever be in some kind of inverse acid trip, waving at cars blissfully and generally losing my grip on reality.

To anyone s**tting bricks and not confident..................

just think of the tiger tsunami running in waves through the guts of the MCG.........

because when that gets up and running...................

no team in the comp can stop us.
The problem is getting it up and running.

Brisbane managed to hold it off for a quarter, but they’re a young inexperienced team.

Geelong are not, however if we can get it up and running then I’ll be confident we can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back