Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 637819 Security has been advised of all likely thieves of my team ....so you have been warned !
Here2tellyouwhy and Andrew Birch the most likely candidates ..... and Judd_Magic has history

Team Reveal (version 1,678) ...... I don't do Cookie Cutter Sides !

View attachment 637826

vast ...if you make any comments about Rocky's selection ....it'll be war

Rationale

1. I like Andrew Birch 's mid-price strategy, keeping money aside, seeing which mid-pricer flies & which dies an aganizing death .....by that time he can see which Rookies are flying with good JS .....and which premo's are flying, thus allowing trading up or down as required

2. I took a bit of a both Andrews approach but also a G & R .....I've got most of the heavy point scorers from 2018 ....some will fail, so I'll do what Andrew is doing, but in reverse ....trading down a failed premo B4 he loses $$$ to a 2nd tier flyer

3. Milera is my POD at D1 ......WTF you say ? .....but I have him averaging 90 this season .....5 tons from the last 7 games & he will be better this season

4. I would have preferred Williams over Smith ......but I wasn't prepared to stuff the side up to get the extra $70K

5. Fyfe, Oliver, Macrae .....could only choose 2 .....Fyfe always starts each season with some monster scores, Macrae last year was just too consistently big to ignore & the new rules IMO will suit him

Oliver will be in my side .....potentially as a corrective trade, if Rocky fails

6. Chose Rocky because if you look at his scoring patterns ....started slow last season (not fit) .....got some momentum mid season ...then IMO those shoulders impacted his last 3rd of the seaon ....but IMO he looks 100% fit now & has history to repeat

7. Would have preferred 5 starting Rookies ......but there has to be trade-offs to your strategy

:poo: :poo: :poo: :thumbsu: :rainbow:

toxic, Andrew Birch and gutsroy please post teams.
enquiring minds want to copy know.

also is it enquire or inquire?

I'll post my Rd1 team after the final game has started as I'll still be making changes right up until then depending on how well or shit the team is scoring. :$

"In general parlance, it is understood that enquire is to be used for ‘asking’, while inquire is what constitutes ‘making a formal investigation’. In reality though, enquiry is preferred in British English, whereas the Americans are more comfortable with inquiry. As a matter of fact, it is only in British English that any attention is paid to the distinction. In US and Australian English, inquiry has, for all practical purposes, taken over." :think:

I'll post my Rd1 team after the final game has started as I'll still be making changes right up until then depending on how well or shit the team is scoring. :$

"In general parlance, it is understood that enquire is to be used for ‘asking’, while inquire is what constitutes ‘making a formal investigation’. In reality though, enquiry is preferred in British English, whereas the Americans are more comfortable with inquiry. As a matter of fact, it is only in British English that any attention is paid to the distinction. In US and Australian English, inquiry has, for all practical purposes, taken over." :think:
i feel like i got it right then. **** the Yanks.

Hey lads!

Need some help. It's gameday and I'm starting to doubt my mid-pricer strategy. Have deliberately downgraded Laird > Hurn to give me $144,600 in my cap if I need to upgrade one of the midpricers to a premo in the first couple of weeks if one looks a bust.

But my logic is Libba is a proven high scorer, with a terrible injury history. Brad Crouch is likewise. Worpel has shown in the back half of last year he can score very well when pushed into the middle, and the absence of Tom Mitchell will provide him with even greater opportunity. Sheed is the biggest unknown as he took his game to another level in the finals series last year, and has looked to carry it on into this year. If 2/4 pay off it's a win in my books.

Thoughts or recommended changes?

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 10.12.06 am.png

Round 1 late withdrawal written all over it imo.
Lol so hypothetically if he is a late withdrawal

So Brisbane West Coast
Dogs
St Kilda Gold Coast
GWS Essendon
Freo North

We're left with

Darling
Dunkley
Wallis
Billings
Newnes
D Smith
Greene
Walters
Mundy

To replace him

Probably take Darling or Mundy as already have Dunkley, while Darling has been in and out of my side

Hey lads!

Need some help. It's gameday and I'm starting to doubt my mid-pricer strategy. Have deliberately downgraded Laird > Hurn to give me $144,600 in my cap if I need to upgrade one of the midpricers to a premo in the first couple of weeks if one looks a bust.

But my logic is Libba is a proven high scorer, with a terrible injury history. Brad Crouch is likewise. Worpel has shown in the back half of last year he can score very well when pushed into the middle, and the absence of Tom Mitchell will provide him with even greater opportunity. Sheed is the biggest unknown as he took his game to another level in the finals series last year, and has looked to carry it on into this year. If 2/4 pay off it's a win in my books.

Cheers!

View attachment 638353

Like most of the team. Just think that with every one of your starting Forwards having DPP link with mids it might be a idea to have at least one Mid with the link.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*League Available*
There's a few spots left in the Bay 13 league.Couldn't raise much interested from those rusted on campaigners, one sage even compared it to Dungeons and Dragons. It's 10 teams, starts Rd 2, top 8 finals Rd 20, any campaigner can join.Name is "Campaigners of Bay" and league code is 806369

Q: Which mid-priced players should I choose?

A:
xQEbuwS.gif

Introducing my clusterf*** of team:

1553125541940.png

Last year I struggled mightly with trades, so this season I say "F*** G'n'R's, gimme them tasty mid-pricers".

It's not like I'm going to win the comp, so why not experiment this season?

Why do I even bother building teams before the pre-season?

Last edited:
Hey lads!

Cheers!

View attachment 638353
Goldy > Gawn maybe?

Besides that, a very solid team.

Here's my final team, couldn't fit in Dusty, Darcy Moore or Angus Brayshaw.I'm taking a chance not playing Heeney, I don't rate him as a big point scorer ,and he also tweaked his ankle in the pre-sesson.The Westgarth/Lobb/Bines threeway will give me flexibility but is a risk I know.
Screenshot_20190320-145247_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190320-145257_Chrome.jpg

Got a feeling I'll do a massive brainfart today and stuff my team up as I haven't settled on it at all aside from my rucks and going 4 premos 1 midpricer in the mids or 5 premo mids (pretty similar structure there)

I'll post two versions that I'm comfortableish with then decide on what's more cookie cutter I guess

Here's my final team, couldn't fit in Dusty, Darcy Moore or Angus Brayshaw.I'm taking a chance not playing Heeney, I don't rate him as a big point scorer ,and he also tweaked his ankle in the pre-sesson.The Westgarth/Lobb/Bines threeway will give me flexibility but is a risk I know.
View attachment 638383View attachment 638384
Your Bay 13 flog team is better to be honest :p

Got a feeling I'll do a massive brainfart today and stuff my team up as I haven't settled on it at all aside from my rucks and going 4 premos 1 midpricer in the mids or 5 premo mids (pretty similar structure there)

I'll post two versions that I'm comfortableish with then decide on what's more cookie cutter I guess
Hold your nerve, last minute changes will
haunt you all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back