Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling I'll do a massive brainfart today and stuff my team up as I haven't settled on it at all aside from my rucks and going 4 premos 1 midpricer in the mids or 5 premo mids (pretty similar structure there)

I'll post two versions that I'm comfortableish with then decide on what's more cookie cutter I guess
IMG_20190321_110747.png IMG_20190321_110731.png IMG_20190321_110717.png

Or

IMG_20190321_110855.png IMG_20190321_110829.png IMG_20190321_110807.png

:think:

Hold your nerve, last minute changes will
haunt you all year.
Yeah it screwed me up in DT last year, played the catch up game but peaked just after the byes and plateaued

Anyways, the two teams above are the ones I'd roll with GnR vs the more value team

VERY similar to myself. Exactly the same structure
I am happy with my team would love to maybe have a Laird at D1 but I feel Hurn's game will only improve this year, and unless i downgrade Macrae or Grundy, all I can afford is Hurn. I like having the 4 premo forwards

Okay - last minute tweaks coming up: $80K in the bank

1. Considering bringing Oliver in, but like top 4 so then it would be Brouch+Libba > Oliver + rookie
2. Considering bringing Telly in at F3 - but who to drop? Darling or Billings? I think Darling has the highest ceiling and most risk and Billings ???
3. Should I trade out both Moore/Burgess (if 1 goes both goes bc value in DPP) and upgrade Moore > mid pricer?

1553128552278.png

go you pups thoughts on this?

DEF: Lloyd, Hurn, Williams, Collins, Clark, Scrimshaw (Burgess and Hore)
MID: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Martin, M.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Gibbons, Drew and Scott)
RUCK: Grawndy
FWD: Danger, Heeney, SPS, Moore, Setterfield, Balta (Petrucelle and Parker)

Really wanted to get either Parfitt or Taranto into my squad but going a bit safer in midfield with Crouch over Taranto. My other way to fit them in was going slightly cheaper at D1 and D2. But I only really want 2-3 mid price risks and I’m more comfortable doing that with Williams, Moore and SPS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Martin, M.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Gibbons, Drew and Scott)

Really wanted to get either Parfitt or Taranto into my squad but going a bit safer in midfield with Crouch over Taranto. My other way to fit them in was going slightly cheaper at D1 and D2. But I only really want 2-3 mid price risks and I’m more comfortable doing that with Williams, Moore and SPS

SPS is an interesting buy, like him as a player and can see him being relevent in SC terms soon, maybe not yet though. Overall a pretty solid looking side

I've got SPS on my bench in draft, could get a rise from him hopefully, though be prepared he could burn you too

One of my 2 squads I've settled on is very similar in structure to your team, just I didn't pick Macrae, he's a Brayshaw type and the extra cash has gone to F3 for Dunkley

Also feel you'll need Duursma somewhere, but shouldn't be hard to squeeze him in

Other than that, the team can work, alot of similar structured teams out there

Dusty’s back in. Seeing Lynch in the squad warms my heart and I’ve gotta back my gut that Dusty will be launching it down his throat all season. Team was set but ultimately went Fyfe > Dusty to fund Moore > Greene. Greene has potential to be top 6 & I’m hoping Dusty can match Fyfe without the durability ???s.
89644C52-2768-4D7F-AF08-AF4509F1514D.jpeg
D4412BC0-4021-4EBF-A557-ECE79847D7CB.jpeg

I've got SPS on my bench in draft, could get a rise from him hopefully, though be prepared he could burn you too

One of my 2 squads I've settled on is very similar in structure to your team, just I didn't pick Macrae, he's a Brayshaw type and the extra cash has gone to F3 for Dunkley
I’m giving SPS the first two to show what I think he can do being a permanent midfielder. The thought with the pick is for him to have a 2018 Zac Fisher type rise in scoring moving in there more (so 20-25 up on LY).

Is macrae not worth the extra $$$? Is there a decent chance he only averages 100-110 and drops in value early? A macrae to Taranto swap would allow me to turn Parker into Parfitt and have a very settled forward line.

Would love some advice on what to do from here. Defence is a little under done but the forward line has been a SC weakness for a long time now.

Also unsure whether to get Sam Walsh in.

C37E8BFC-8884-46FD-B251-3AA604A932F4.png

26F74485-004B-498B-B3F5-6823CD2BD753.png

I’m giving SPS the first two to show what I think he can do being a permanent midfielder. The thought with the pick is for him to have a 2018 Zac Fisher type rise in scoring moving in there more (so 20-25 up on LY).

Is macrae not worth the extra $$$? Is there a decent chance he only averages 100-110 and drops in value early? A macrae to Taranto swap would allow me to turn Parker into Parfitt and have a very settled forward line.
I feel Macrae had a career year last year and he's only just an upgrade target for me

Should be in the top 8 mids conversation still though, but will look at getting him for low 600s midseason

Reckon if Bont had an injury free, midfield heavy role all season he'd bust 120+ out too. But the chopping and changing of him from forward to mid stuffs his consistency up

Going by weight of numbers, I don't think Parfitt will be close to Danger, Menegola or Kelly, they're the only Cats forwards I'd look at for now. How are the points going to be shared for example too in their midfield/forward rotations? Danger, Menegola, Kelly, Hawkins, Dahlhaus, Parfitt, Gazza, Jelwood, Duncan etc

They're simply loaded. Scoring history is with Danger and Menegola, while Kelly looks to have the better scoring role than Parfitt I'd say too.

Would love some advice on what to do from here. Defence is a little under done but the forward line has been a SC weakness for a long time now.

Also unsure whether to get Sam Walsh in.

View attachment 638448

View attachment 638450

Every team will have a weak spot in it thats a given at the start of the season.
Your mids , rucks and forward are pretty strong.

Given Walsh price he has to score more than the cheap rooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back