Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have $280K to spend and am not sure which line to add to. Not enough extra cash to bring in an extra premo but might be worth upgrading a couple of the midpricers or potential premos. Also depends on rookies and whether extra is needed to get decent on field playing rookies for Round 1.

- like Neale as a consistent scorer, not sure who to upgrade (could swap steele + libba + 280k > JOM + neale)
- not sure on Steele but think there is good value around the $500 - $550 mark for someone to step up to 115+
- not sold on wingard, considering dunkley as well

View attachment 611750
If you like that structure u could almost afford Newman + Hoff > Whitfield + Gawn

Had to make a change with Blakely going down. Also restructured from 3,5,2,4 to 4,5,2,3. I feel the new kicking in rule will be more beneficial.

Currently considering both Witherden and Andrews but more than likely I'll change 1 to Z.Williams and change the beams selection.

View attachment 611715
Don't like the rucks or mids, there's too much midprice madness.

I have $280K to spend and am not sure which line to add to. Not enough extra cash to bring in an extra premo but might be worth upgrading a couple of the midpricers or potential premos. Also depends on rookies and whether extra is needed to get decent on field playing rookies for Round 1.

- like Neale as a consistent scorer, not sure who to upgrade (could swap steele + libba + 280k > JOM + neale)
- not sure on Steele but think there is good value around the $500 - $550 mark for someone to step up to 115+
- not sold on wingard, considering dunkley as well

View attachment 611750
Id prefer Andrew Brayshaw before Steel ,was top 5 in the Brownlow and getting better.

If you like that structure u could almost afford Newman + Hoff > Whitfield + Gawn
I keep switching between williams and whitfield but hadnt thought of upgrading newman.

Not sure on taking Gawn straight away, or even Grundy, just think they will drop too much in price. But then its a trade saved??

Dont like Baily Smith,Blakey or Crouch,I plan to upgrade Mumford to Grundy at some stage
Dont like Andrews, Blakely or Roberton, they won't get big scores.Don't like Yeo as a mid, he wont be top 8 at end of year.
Don't like the rucks or mids, there's too much midprice madness.
Do appreciate the posting, but just because you don't like something doesnt mean others think the same.
Would like to see some more discussion behind why you don't like it or some alternative suggestions, rather than "No, dont like that"

remember, every team is gonna be different, otherwise it would be a boring game.

Do appreciate the posting, but just because you don't like something doesnt mean others think the same.
Would like to see some more discussion behind why you don't like it or some alternative suggestions, rather than "No, dont like that"

remember, every team is gonna be different, otherwise it would be a boring game.
People post here for feedback,some feedback is better than none.In general I don't like midpricers, first year draftees or players than don't have a chance to finish in the top 6 to 8 if their position at the end of the year.

Mate your post is ridiculous, i have given reasons and people appreciate it.
I'm more looking for posts that create discussion, which (it may just be me) yours don't seem to be creating much discussion.

Rather than post "Dont like Andrews, Blakely or Roberton, they won't get big scores" or "Don't like Yeo as a mid, he wont be top 8 at end of year.", maybe ask why the poster has picked them or give them alternative options to them, because it just looks like you are shutting down posters for picking certain players with not much basis behind your post. It's all about how you word your posts.

Also, might be a good idea to research before posting. As I posted before, Andrews, Blakely and Roberton all have a history of posting 115+ scores

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok give this team a detailed response because I'm giving more than I'm getting!View attachment 611777View attachment 611778
Defence line looks pretty solid. Personally believe Sicily is priced at his peak, with still a little bit of inconsistency in his game. You might be able to get him at low 500s around the byes if he is performing etc.

Midfield is pretty cookie cutter except from the Bont, who I think could be a very nice pick. Do personally think there is a bit of value to be had in the midfield, both mid pricers (Libba, Miles etc) and some underpriced premos (Sloane, Zorko, Brouch). Could look at some of them to upgrade your R2 as it is a bit risky.

Personally prefer Grundy over Gawn, but that is just me. Think the rule changes will allow Grundy to continue on with his form from last year as he plays as a 4th midfielder and is a very good clearance player. As I said above, Clarke/Fort R2/R3 is risky, but could pay off. Would be a good idea to have some backup plans incase that doesn't eventuate.

Danger is a must. Dunkley is an interesting one. With Libba's return, does that affect his midfield role? A definite watch during JLT for role. TK is one I haven't really considered and probably won't. Think there is some value to be had lower down in the fwds. Greene if fit, is a gun.

Defence line looks pretty solid. Personally believe Sicily is priced at his peak, with still a little bit of inconsistency in his game. You might be able to get him at low 500s around the byes if he is performing etc.

Midfield is pretty cookie cutter except from the Bont, who I think could be a very nice pick. Do personally think there is a bit of value to be had in the midfield, both mid pricers (Libba, Miles etc) and some underpriced premos (Sloane, Zorko, Brouch). Could look at some of them to upgrade your R2 as it is a bit risky.

Personally prefer Grundy over Gawn, but that is just me. Think the rule changes will allow Grundy to continue on with his form from last year as he plays as a 4th midfielder and is a very good clearance player. As I said above, Clarke/Fort R2/R3 is risky, but could pay off. Would be a good idea to have some backup plans incase that doesn't eventuate.

Danger is a must. Dunkley is an interesting one. With Libba's return, does that affect his midfield role? A definite watch during JLT for role. TK is one I haven't really considered and probably won't. Think there is some value to be had lower down in the fwds. Greene if fit, is a gun.
Thanks for feedback, yes Dunkley may have to go, Grundy has a minor injury and i think his price may drop.I think the key this year is to identify the mature aged debutantes. There appears to be value in defence but not so much in mids.Gold Coast have quite a few.Leaving Grundy out initially is a risk , but the cash vastly improves my overall team balance imo.

Fort won’t play every game mate, you’ll be copping several donuts at R2 and much as I like the look of him, he’d have to have a Kelly-like season to be Top 6-8 in his category (your own metric).
It's early stages, obviously I'm only picking him if he's picked round one and if Clarke picked as well.The guy who won it the year Biclav debuted, had Biclavs on the field round 1.

I'm not shutting anyone down,stop acting like head campaigner of this thread and thanks for yr piss weak feedback of my team.
Thanks for feedback, yes Dunkley may have to go, Grundy has a minor injury and i think his price may drop.I think the key this year is to identify the mature aged debutantes. There appears to be value in defence but not so much in mids.Gold Coast have quite a few.Leaving Grundy out initially is a risk , but the cash vastly improves my overall team balance imo.
hmm alright then...

It's early stages, obviously I'm only picking him if he's picked round one and if Clarke picked as well.The guy who won it the year Biclav debuted, had Biclavs on the field round 1.
Blicavs also played 22 games that season and was not a ruck with very dubious JS even if he is a Rd 1 walkup.

Rucks should be set and forget given the limits on trades. It’s a big risk and one I don’t think has any chance of paying off.

Blicavs also played 22 games that season and was not a ruck with very dubious JS even if he is a Rd 1 walkup.

Rucks should be set and forget given the limits on trades. It’s a big risk and one I don’t think has any chance of paying off.
You may be right ,I'm looking for points of difference but Grundy is also good captai material as well ,so point taken.

You may be right ,I'm looking for points of difference but Grundy is also good captai material as well ,so point taken.
I suppose I can see it working like one strat in the ruck thread (Dark Sharks?) where you use the savings on Fort/Clarke to stack the mids so get Grundy when he (inevitably) falls.

*shrugs* you’d need at least one or both to be playing for probably the first 6 rounds to make that work though.

I suppose I can see it working like one strat in the ruck thread (Dark Sharks?) where you use the savings on Fort/Clarke to stack the mids so get Grundy when he (inevitably) falls.

*shrugs* you’d need at least one or both to be playing for probably the first 6 rounds to make that work though.
Yes, this kick in rule has me a bit flummoxed, I think Lloyd and Witherden have to be included as they will surely get an extra ten points per game with the extra kick stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back