Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These extreme GnR heavy approaches require an extremely savvy approach to trading, too much for me to handle.

Some full on Benjamin Felix shit.

Thoughts on this team?

Not 100% sold on L Ryan, but that may change if there are enough Rookie Defenders.

Rookies are placeholders of course.

1549239927445.png

Thoughts on this team?

Not 100% sold on L Ryan, but that may change if there are enough Rookie Defenders.

Rookies are placeholders of course.

View attachment 614503

Myself I'd probably go L.Ryan to Witherden and save $30K

There's a lot of $$$$ tied up in your M6 - M8 .....probably wouldn't take both Walsh & Bennell & try and strengthen your F4

From a Rookie cash generation POV .....the mid rookies are going to appreciate quicker, unless your FWD rookies are going to get mid minutes, like Setterfield

That midfield has a POD look about it which is good

Myself I'd probably go L.Ryan to Witherden and save $30K

There's a lot of $$$$ tied up in your M6 - M8 .....probably wouldn't take both Walsh & Bennell & try and strengthen your F4

From a Rookie cash generation POV .....the mid rookies are going to appreciate quicker, unless your FWD rookies are going to get mid minutes, like Setterfield

That midfield has a POD look about it which is good

Cheers. Witherden has certainly been on my radar.

Can't do a lot to FWD 4, unless I downgrade elsewhere on top of the rookies downgrades. If for example I downgrade Grundy to Goldy, I can upgrade Setterfield to Punchable.

So, I guess it comes down to Grundy/Gawn/Rookie at F4, or Gawn/Goldy/Greene at F4. If Greene is fit for Rd 1, I will be tempted to with him at such a low price.

View attachment 614609View attachment 614610

Liking this setup. Could switch a Dev for Dunkley, or switch Fyfe out for Oliver/Neale, but Will likely sit on this structure until JLT comes around.
Surely you've overspent in Defence? I know rookies are looking light on but we'll get more than 2.
I'd lose at least 1 of Newman, Smith, Roberton and strengthen fwds and/or mids.
Apart from that I like the picks. Witherden, Lloyd and Macrae especially.

v.4

Will try and keep this until...ohhh who am i kidding...but i do like this one

thoughts on holes etc would be appreciated
View attachment 614611

Just a few too many subpremos/midpricers for my liking. You're banking on Mills, Crouch, Redden, Steele, Wingard and probably De Goey all being keepers, while needing Newman, Roberton, and Miles all being good enough midpricers. That's 9, and I reckon you'd do well to get 4 of those.

If you can limit it to 5 I'd personally like it a lot more but that's obviously my own taste. But for example, you could go Roberton and Miles to 123k rookies, allowing you to upgrade Newman to Laird, Redden to Fyfe, and De Goey to Heeney - (not necessarily those but sort of gives more stability while still having risk-reward options like Steele, Crouch, Mills, Wingard). Still not quite GnR, but not midpricer-madness ether.

Also keep in mind you've gone pretty cheap on rookies in the forward line - just for not stuffing up your structure closer to round 1.

Really nice backline.
I like the structure, and hope we get a legitimate cheap R2 option. Don't think Longer is that guy though, some of his SC scores are just awful despite being a good tap ruckman.
I think JOM would be a good pick if Titch wasn't injured, he may get more opportunities to score, but that will be cancelled out by the extra attention. I'd try and get Dusty/Crouch/Merrett for not much more.
Dunkley is very appealing, I just want to be sure he plays mostly mid before I start him or upgrade to him.
The main problem I see is only 11 keepers unless Gresham and JOM become premos. Only needs a few tweaks to be a great team imo.
Maybe Rozee > cheap fwd/mid loophole option and bring Setterfield fwd will give u enough cash to upgrade JOM and or Gresham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting approach .....good depth across all zones, obviously the DEF is risky, but you've offset this somewhat with depth to D5

The only query I'd have is will this team be able to generate enough cash quickly enough ?

Good side but I’d probably strengthen your defense with another premo. Too many speculative picks.

Something like:
Dunkley>Greene
Caldwell>Setterfield
Newman>Laird.

Btw, the SB sucked balls today. Major letdown.

Good side but I’d probably strengthen your defense with another premo. Too many speculative picks.

Something like:
Dunkley>Greene
Caldwell>Setterfield
Newman>Laird.

Btw, the SB sucked balls today. Major letdown.
I had just changed Lloyd/Greene into Newman/Gray as well

Very interesting approach .....good depth across all zones, obviously the DEF is risky, but you've offset this somewhat with depth to D5

The only query I'd have is will this team be able to generate enough cash quickly enough ?
You may be right there, but I’m not convinced of sexy Robbie yet and that would be the way of changing 102k players into 170k rookies

Last team I plan to make before JLT starts.

lKwB9Tw.png

Version #208

Remaining Budget: $9,700

1549316985053.png

My thinking is to load up on Super-Premo mids since they don't fluctuate in price as much as the DEF/FWD premos.

I'll swing Westhoff forward once I upgrade the ruck for whoever is top 2.

Don't realy care too much about mid-range players at this point.

Version #208

Remaining Budget: $9,700

View attachment 614818

My thinking is to load up on Super-Premo mids since they don't fluctuate in price as much as the DEF/FWD premos.

I'll swing Westhoff forward once I upgrade the ruck for whoever is top 2.

Don't realy care too much about mid-range players at this point.
Westy and Neale are nice PODS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back