Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and it's exactly the same reason why people aren't picking Gawn this year. Preuss is an out and out ruckman. Cox is a tall forward who can ruck but has the turning circle of the titanic. Difficult to compare them, which is why we need to see them in JLT first.

Beware JLT form though. Mason Cox had a good pre-season last year and was partially the reason I started Stef over Grundy.

haha, autocorrect. you know who I'm talking about.
Shuey was great for me last year. I'm going Yeo this year.
Good luck.
Late last year I was saying Yeo is a lock. Natural progression should sge him average. 115-120 but he got tagged hard in finals and unlike most on this board I see him copping more attention.
Priced at his current max and not midpricey enough for my team so Im going with Shuey :moustache:

If the midfield is where most of the best rookie action is, what would be the negatives of fully loading your front and back six and going with the best rookie mids as a starting team?

View attachment 614299

I've been looking at something similar, thought mids aren't quite that dire.

Don't disagree at all, but i'm considering the tactic of 'stopping the problem at it's source'. If Shiel is inside extracting to the cleaner Merrett, i'd be looking at preventing the initial possession (ie. Shiel). I rate Merrett's work rate enough to see him still racking up touches even if that was to happen.
Richmond three years ago did the opposite of what you're talking about by creating a 'ring' (why a ring, well its richmond so a word defining a circular motion and describes what a team does has to start with the same letter as the 'offending' origin. i.e clarkos cluster, weagles web)
Anyway what they did is figure out they couldn't actually stop the source but if they put a 'ring' (i.e players in a circle around the ball) they might actually stop the result of the source. So what started as a good idea for the midfield became the reason they won the premiership, they always 'ringed' wherever the ball was or could possibly land thereby limiting the effective disposal of the initiator and by 'ringing' the expected ball drop they effectively nullified the next possession.This looked like chaos but actually wasn't as they all knew that every part of the compass needed to be covered NSEW and they did it, it was quite clever actually.

JLT will sort it out. I'm starting with Gawn and Grundy at the moment but I think Preuss at demon land is making people scared of picking Gawn at his starting price. I want to see how he goes with Preuss in the team during JLT before committing. Grundy only has a cox for assistance.
immature giggle had

If the midfield is where most of the best rookie action is, what would be the negatives of fully loading your front and back six and going with the best rookie mids as a starting team?

View attachment 614299

The main problem with ALL your on-field rookies being in the midfield is it is the one line where you want to upgrade to the best scoring players averaging 110+ which will usually cost 550k+ where as upgrading to in-form Def & Fwd premo's can usually be done between 400-500k if you strike at the right time as their prices fluctuate a lot more than mids even when they're having great seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Current Team

Got $44k left to play with.

Tossing up between the following..

Sicily v Whitfield
Brayshaw v M.Crouch
Wingard v Dunkley v Darling

Thoughts / Comments

2019 v1.15.JPG

View attachment 614299

A bit insane but if you tone it back a tad I think it could work. If a forward rookie or def starts scoring well and that rookie is trapped on your bench, youll bleed points. Think you could downgrade Roberton and Greene, to upgrade Brayshaw and Bennell

View attachment 614299

The gap between the number - and quality and consistency - of super premium mids and premium mids is much larger than the gap between super premium forwards/defenders and premium forwards/defenders.

The best MIDs are just far more unattainable than the best FWDs and DEFs, who fluctuate far more in terms of their scores and with the pool of players who consist of that status.

It's going to be easier to turn three or four rookie FWDs/DEFs into under-priced/under-valued premiums than it will be to play a whole season trying to upgrade seven rookie midfielders into the super premiums MIDs you'll need to stay competitive.

You'll score like crap, probably, but more likely, and worst of all, you'll run out of trades far too soon.

Hi Guys,

Mark here, looking for some feedback on my first supercoach team. i have never participated in the game before and this thread has been very useful to me already. Sorry for the typing but i cant use a mobile to post pic lol.

Backs: Whitfield Witherden Z.Williams Roberton Scrimshaw Wilkie B.Mckay M.Hore
Mids: Macrae Cripps Oliver Fyfe Ward Miles Hanneberry Bennell Constable Bewley Valente
Rucks: Grundy McEvoy Sweet
Fwds: Dangerfield Heeney Wingard Daniher Burgess Corbett Cavarra McAdam Parker

Meloury Out

Hi Guys,

Mark here, looking for some feedback on my first supercoach team. i have never participated in the game before and this thread has been very useful to me already. Sorry for the typing but i cant use a mobile to post pic lol.

Mids: Macrae Cripps Oliver Fyfe Ward Miles Hanneberry Bennell Constable Bewley Valente

Meloury Out
Pretty solid mate.
13 keepers. Some nice PODS.

My biggest concerns are Bennell and Daniher due to injury and floginess.
Keep an eye on JLT for rookies and your set.

Pretty solid mate.
13 keepers. Some nice PODS.

My biggest concerns are Bennell and Daniher due to injury and floginess.
Keep an eye on JLT for rookies and your set.

Thanks for your reply.

really hopeful they get on the park. If daniher doesnt get up i was thinking Travis Collyer instead?

Hi Guys,

Meloury Out
The 2 main problems with your team is you have 31 players and you're 480k over the salary cap.

The problem with the loaded forwards and backs side, is that you need to nail all your picks down back and up forward.

Easier to pick say, 2-3 of the top 10 in each line than attempt to get 5-6 in DEF/FWD before the ball bounces in R1.

It's easy to say, Danger, Heeney, Smith, Menegola, Gray, Dunkley, Wingard etc. will be there abouts, but what happens if Dunkley averages 85, so does Wingard, and you need to spend sideways trades moving them on? Meanwhile, the more balanced sides have rookies in those positions that appreciate in value whilst letting them identify the new kids on the block.

I've looked at it before, I think it's a cool and different approach, but not sure it'd benefit your mental health in the long run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back