Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a start...

Not sure on:
Gawn v Grundy
Williams v Newman
Kelly as F3

View attachment 615072
Grundy if he is not interrupted by niggling injury again in the preseason, definitely zac williams, Newman could get dropped or not have big impact.Williams is a very good player and could kick in from full back at times. Keep Tim Kelly, he is a full time mid and we can pick him in the forward line. He had a 150point game last year.I don't think he'll have the so called 2nd year blues, he's mature enough.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 7.47.39 PM.png

Essentially $0 left
Gibbons > Wicks if picked up

Depending on the rookies in JLT might need to adjust premos as basically no cash spare to turn the 117k rookies > 123k rooks
Witherden the least solid 'premo' here - I'm not sold that he is actually a good football player.. yet, anyway.

View attachment 615112

Essentially $0 left

Depending on the rookies in JLT might need to adjust premos as basically no cash spare to turn the 117k rookies > 123k rooks
Witherden the least solid 'premo' here - I'm not sold that he is actually a good football player.. yet, anyway.
Good team.I would upgrade two of Yeo, Beams and Crouch in the mids, and downgrade the 3rd to Miles maybe.Or play another rookie in the mid and use money elsewhere, maybe to upgrade Goldstein or Roberton to Zac Williams ut that's just me.Everyone is banking on Witherdon to improve and get about 8 points a game more with the kick in rule but he coukd easily be the next Jack Billings.

Have made a few changes since my initial team and feeling pretty good about this. Hopefully won't do too much until JLT.
6c3e58bb4156edc6f7bd80e4147f6b12.jpg

I've gone a bit skinny in the mids by taking a punt on Libba and Bennell.

I'm hoping for big things from Neale and sexy Robbie.

Rookies will depend on round 1 selections.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

View attachment 615112

Essentially $0 left

Nice team, 3 nicely undervalued mids in Yeo, Beams and MCrouch which make your team much better balanced.

1 or 2 risky picks in Def and Fwd, but worth the risk.
Dunkey is a future :gun: and Roberton has some runs on the board, a risk worth taking at that price. I like.

Have made a few changes since my initial team and feeling pretty good about this. Hopefully won't do too much until JLT.
6c3e58bb4156edc6f7bd80e4147f6b12.jpg

I've gone a bit skinny in the mids by taking a punt on Libba and Bennell.

I'm hoping for big things from Neale and sexy Robbie.

Rookies will depend on round 1 selections.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk
Good team, not starting Gawn could cost you a trade though.

My team as it stands:

9B239BE0-2033-4D41-AA30-8AD8AF7D36DE.jpeg 390D5626-BABA-430D-8219-9A7EC834B7F7.jpeg

Go quite deep into the forwardline. Still unsure on Greene but will keep watch with a keen eye. Could easily swap out Greene for one of the mid pricers in mid or defence such as Libba, Miles , B.Smith & possibly Williams.

Obviously rookies are placeholders. Picked most that seem most likely.

Changes from my previous draft(which I didn’t post) are:
In: Whitfield, Def Rookie, Neale, Gray
Out: Williams, B.Smith, JPK, Franklin

Will be keeping a close eye on(that aren’t in my current team):
Libba, Miles, Bennell, B.Smith, Williams, Dusty, JPK, Jelwood, Grundy, S.Jacobs, Z.Clarke, Franklin, M.Lewis, S.Collins and any Pre season signings.

Thoughts?

My team as it stands:

View attachment 615118View attachment 615119

Go quite deep into the forwardline. Still unsure on Greene but will keep watch with a keen eye. Could easily swap out Greene for one of the mid pricers in mid or defence such as Libba, Miles , B.Smith & possibly Williams.

Libba, Miles, Bennell, B.Smith, Williams, Dusty, JPK, Jelwood, Grundy, S.Jacobs, Z.Clarke, Franklin, M.Lewis, S.Collins and any Pre season signings.

Thoughts?
Libba or Miles > Hanneberry

My team as it stands:

View attachment 615118View attachment 615119

Thoughts?
I would try and get another premo in the mids, maybe trade out Gray for Cavarra and trade in Macrae for Hannerbry

Good team, not starting Gawn could cost you a trade though.
I have a feeling that Preuss will hurt Gawn at some point in the season. Whether it be Melbourne playing both or Gawn being rested for the odd game during the season.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that Preuss will hurt Gawn at some point in the season. Whether it be Melbourne playing both or Gawn being rested for the odd game during the season.

Yes fair point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 615112

Essentially $0 left

Good team.I would upgrade two of Yeo, Beams and Crouch in the mids, and downgrade the 3rd to Miles maybe.Or play another rookie in the mid and use money elsewhere, maybe to upgrade Goldstein or Roberton to Zac Williams ut that's just me.Everyone is banking on Witherdon to improve and get about 8 points a game more with the kick in rule but he coukd easily be the next Jack Billings.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, had Williams over Witherden until this iteration.
I'm preferring Goldstein over Gawn at this stage, may well have to make a trade later in the year though. The only mids worth upgrading to within reach are Neale and JKelly for me - both 50+k away from Beams / Crouch - not sure I want to cut others to make the trade

I'm down on Rnkine, think he will be a low possession sell forward first year.
Mcgrath interesting. what do you see as his role ?playing more mid.?

Played and starred as mid in Intra-club.

It's going to be hilarious when Preuss isn't selected Round 1 and half of us (me included) scramble to reshuffle out teams to fit him in!..

It's going to be hilarious when Preuss isn't selected Round 1 and half of us (me included) scramble to reshuffle out teams to fit him in!..
I'm not necessarily expecting Preuss to make the R1 team but I will be extremely surprised if he doesn't play some games with Gawn in and also I believe that Gawn will be rested for at least a couple of games during the season.

Version 1.7 - Pretty vanilla side tbh but I love it.

Any thoughts/feedback is appreciated.

Currently tossing up:
Williams v Witherden
Gray v Wingard
Macrae v Oliver/Kelly

A3D81446-A895-4C7B-8A54-05349C6B54EA.jpeg
108681AC-C03F-449E-8E81-C2B1FF5EA4E0.jpeg
FC803E19-F89A-48C8-A10D-FE3ABA8C59B2.jpeg

Latest version. No stuffing around with defence. That's where all the biggest upside will be this year. Not sure if I'll have the gonads to go in with this structure, but geez it's tempting. One of the mid rooks is just a place holder until Gibbons is available.

Edit: $206k still in the bank.

1549404656257.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back