Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team right now. Have fiddled around with it a bit.

Got 266.9K floating around and would like some suggestions about what to do with it.

806E2603-64DA-4EA6-BC59-465FF4C34252.jpeg
AA309AB9-A730-4989-B8F8-E1D103DC0637.jpeg

Collins to Williams is leading the race for me atm and I’m aware that my guy is probably the way to go or else I’ll regret it but keen to hear what others would do with the money which may sway my mind.

Got 266.9K floating around and would like some suggestions about what to do with it.

View attachment 615508
View attachment 615507

Collins to Williams is leading the race for me atm and I’m aware that my guy is probably the way to go or else I’ll regret it but keen to hear what others would do with the money which may sway my mind.
Aaron Francis in for Watson, or Macrae in for Merrett ,or Gawn in for Goldstein ,good team

View attachment 615508
View attachment 615507

Hannebery -> Miles
Bennel -> Libba
Collins -> Roberton
Dunkley - Heeney

First time I've ever posted my team and would love some feedback
A few things I can't decide on:
  • Goldstein + Westhoff vs Gawn + Worpel (or someone like that)
  • Fort (possible $$$ earner) vs Bines (flexibility)
  • Kelly vs Macrae
  • Too many mid-pricers?

1549444016322.png

View attachment 615508
View attachment 615507

I'd just go Hannebery to a true premo

If you're considering Williams I'd probably downgrade one of Whitfield / Sic / Laird to him and then upgrade one of the rookies - not sure we'll have 5 defensive rookies playing early on. Not even sure there will be 3.

• Kelly vs Macrae
  • Too many mid-pricers?

View attachment 615558
If Fort plays as R1 for Geelong it's crazy to not pick a rookie 120k who is almost guaranteed to score 65+
If you like the idea of R/F flexibility (and Fort plays) then make Fort your ruck 2 with Bines on the bench and Westhoff in the forward line.

I'd consider getting another premo into your defence, maybe by downgrading Greene / dumping one of cousins or walsh

View attachment 615508
View attachment 615507

**** it....coke n hookers

• Kelly vs Macrae
  • Too many mid-pricers?

View attachment 615558

I don't mind your R3 setup with Westoff .....provides saftey around your rucks getting injured, whilst Westoff can hold his own as a F2

I'd release Greene and strengthen your D2 , keeping Williams at D3 ......downgrade Schrimshaw, to a cheaper DEF rookie, doubt he'll standup this year

Not a fan of the combo of Libba, Cousins, and Walsh .....consolidate back to two mid-pricers ....maybe Libba & Miles, with cheap rookies at M7 & M8

• Kelly vs Macrae
  • Too many mid-pricers?

View attachment 615558

A lot of the time, the feedback we give is based on our own biases, but fwiw:
If you have two potential top 3 rucks, Westhoff as FWD seems a high cost insurance policy. Westhoff as R2 maybe.
Greene, Libba, Roberton all risks. Nothing wrong with it, but have worked to reduce to one player 220-460k myself - might not work if there aren’t enough rookies, but like it better.
Possible alternative:
Westhoff > T Kelly (or Wingard maybe)
If Fort gets a run, Bines > Fort
Green + Libba > Rookie + M Crouch
But back yourself in if you like your lineup :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 615508
View attachment 615507

Wigg>B.Smith
Wigg i dont see getting a game....not early anyway.

My attempt at purely Guns N' Rookies team

Remaining Salary $7,800

1549504398668.png

Predicting that Nank will increase his scoring output as he's now entering his prime + rule changes.

My only worry is the DEF rookies, but at this stage I'm going to bank that there will be enough to choose from by r1.

My attempt at purely Guns N' Rookies team

Remaining Salary $7,800

View attachment 615822

Predicting that Nank will increase his scoring output as he's now entering his prime + rule changes.

My only worry is the DEF rookies, but at this stage I'm going to bank that there will be enough to choose from by r1.
I'm finding it difficult to come up with criticisms for these pure guns and rookies teams as its too early to criticise rookies as they are placeholders and most of the premiums look good on paper. So i guess the one criticism i have is the remaining salary and the fact that it might be beneficial to do a small downgrade of a premium in order to have enough cash to grab a top priced rookie in the midfield/forwardline. Its really just an insurance policy in the unlikely case there aren't enough basement priced rookies available in the mids/forwards (and backs too, i suppose). Nank is a very intriguing selection, i think he's decent value for money but im not convinced he has a great ceiling, ill have to look at the stats. I'm bullish on Gray this year too, i think he will be great value at F3. Good team, i like it a lot but i'd probably like it more if there were 2 or 3 of my favourite mid-pricers in there.

I'm finding it difficult to come up with criticisms for these pure guns and rookies teams as its too early to criticise rookies as they are placeholders and most of the premiums look good on paper. So i guess the one criticism i have is the remaining salary and the fact that it might be beneficial to do a small downgrade of a premium in order to have enough cash to grab a top priced rookie in the midfield/forwardline. Its really just an insurance policy in the unlikely case there aren't enough basement priced rookies available in the mids/forwards (and backs too, i suppose). Nank is a very intriguing selection, i think he's decent value for money but im not convinced he has a great ceiling, ill have to look at the stats. I'm bullish on Gray this year too, i think he will be great value at F3. Good team, i like it a lot but i'd probably like it more if there were 2 or 3 of my favourite mid-pricers in there.
When the season starts I'll probably make some swap so I'll have about $35k+ just in case.

• Kelly vs Macrae
  • Too many mid-pricers?

View attachment 615558
move Hoff to R2 and get Fort in R3 for the fundraising.
Kelly/Dunkley in fwd.
gives you a look at the top rucks before picking them and can always swing the Hoff later...done!

..a touch thin down back though..hopefully all the rookies can keep their spots!
and if you can afford it, Macrae over Kelly.

Thoughts?

Probably going to cop a fair bit o stick for the Longer pick but he is more there to potentially gain some coin before I see what effect there is on Gawn or see if any other rucks rear their ugly mugs.

Think Witherden and Ryan can both up their averages and be in/around that top 6 with the new kick in rule.

Acres is fairly speculative but started with a bang last year before injury hit and I think he is a ripper player so hopefully transitions into supercoach scores this year with Saints fairly easy draw

Have about 200k left and not sure where to put it outside of upgrading Longer I suppose

SUPERC.jpg

So here's my alternative version with $34,800 in the Bank

1549507194612.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back