2nds 2019 SANFL Grand Final- Port Adelaide v Glenelg 3pm Sunday 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost by what 5 goals. They got 2 goals that on replay were clearly touched, and were paid a clear non mark in the first 10m out. We also missed a stack of easy goals.

As much as we were shit, the game was close and we were good enough if we could get it together but we never did. Far too many passengers on the big stage, and a game plan that lacked a system that utilised our weapons.

Frampton could've had the greatest day of his life but dropped at least 4 simple marks inside 50. Marshall didn't show up. Our entire midfield was fumbly and panicked. Refusing to use space and missing elementary handballs which created pressure all day long. Our defence was ok, but still some basic errors from them hurt.

The worst part is walking away from that with serious questions about how some of that talent will ever translate to AFL.

Hayes and Ladhams, well they've clearly got it.

However Marshall, Drew, Garner, Lienert, Farrell, Frampton, Atley, Woodcock all have huge question marks over them in one form or another. Especially the last 3.

Our list is deep, but it's not deep with potential quality, instead the depth is just that, depth. A bunch of players with limited potential.

So again on the big stage our club failures to come to play, we again deflate our supporter base, and we settle in for yet another season of Hinkleyball.

**** I'm over losing.

Thomas and co were heavily invested in winning this game to salvage something from this season. Get what you deserve I guess.

Ah well, I’m already over it. Learnt a couple of things though.

Frampton can go, not fussed either way.
Drew is going to be a very good AFL player, and it’s purely down to intensity and effort, he has it in spades.
I’d have no issues with Gould being in our side in a couple months time.

On a side note, I can’t believe that putting McKenzie to full forward didn’t turn that game on it’s head. Masterful coaching, we were just unlucky. Lel

Thomas and co were heavily invested in winning this game to salvage something from this season. Get what you deserve I guess.
So why did we not play like this? We knew we'd be the only side umpired, that isn't a secret. We needed to come out as if it mattered. Instead we had the trademark 3 goals against in ten minutes in a goalless first quarter.

"Heavily invested" covers everyone from the fans to the Chairman. We didn't see that today. Not by a long shot.

The influence of Hinkley has stunk up the whole club, they could have put Power jumpers on and you wouldn't know the difference.

Ken is like a festering sore.
Hinkley is the senior coach and the AFL listed players that played today train under Hinkley and (try to) learn his game plan. Of course there is little difference bbetween the same players in a Power guernsey or a Magpies guernsey.

Today was classic Hinkley Ball because that is how the players train.

Ah well, I’m already over it. Learnt a couple of things though.

Frampton can go, not fussed either way.
Drew is going to be a very good AFL player, and it’s purely down to intensity and effort, he has it in spades.
I’d have no issues with Gould being in our side in a couple months time.

On a side note, I can’t believe that putting McKenzie to full forward didn’t turn that game on it’s head. Masterful coaching, we were just unlucky. Lel
Nah, he was just given a dream run by the officials. Won't happen in our AFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why did we not play like this? We knew we'd be the only side umpired, that isn't a secret. We needed to come out as if it mattered. Instead we had the trademark 3 goals against in ten minutes in a goalless first quarter.

"Heavily invested" covers everyone from the fans to the Chairman. We didn't see that today. Not by a long shot.

I was talking about the administration, hence Thomas and co. Players let them down, maybe they shouldn't be surprised.

Before anyone can accuse you of grinding your Hinkley axe, let me be the first to defend you and say you are 100% right.

Now for OGC and others to hunt you down.

Id say that even OGC would tend to agree with the removal of the aspartame fixated loser.

We played exactly like our afl team , the holes in our structure and system are so obvious it's stunning the amount of useless kicks and handpasses is stunningly bad .

Got another awful 5 years at least before we can have a hope of professionalism run footy club

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2019 SANFL Grand Final- Port Adelaide v Glenelg 3pm Sunday 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back