2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 19 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

It is beyond me how he is a coach.
Lol it came totally from the blue. He displayed zero qualities you want in a coach and never mentioned ever wanting to coach either. Did he even coach at all anywhere before being made head coach of the magpies?

Lol it came totally from the blue. He displayed zero qualities you want in a coach and never mentioned ever wanting to coach either. Did he even coach at all anywhere before being made head coach of the magpies?
Wasn't he doing something with the AFLW side? I could be wrong

He coached a ressies team to victory, won handily.

In FIFA23 that is

He was a development coach at the AFLW side and was an assistant coach in the year he played at West Adelaide.

Ahhhh, my fave footy fixture. Never miss it. Ever.

Especially this year. For the longest time, I thought it was gonna be the last hurrah. Come to think of it, Port v Centrals @ Lizbeff is the only AFL or SANFL game I go to anymore. When this fixture disappears, that’ll prolly be it for me.

Almost didn’t make it. Between this achilles tendonitis, this dodgy back and this wonky hip, I can barely hobble around atm. Also, I was rostered on to work. Plot twist: I quit work yesterday. Because physically incapable thx to my various ailments. So yeah, I’ve suddenly got all the free time in the world.

This getting old shit, fmd. Had to get glasses, too. Didn’t realise how much I needed em til I got em. Hawt barista at the cafe took a double look when she saw me wearing em today. Already paying off. HOT DAMN

1.png

Meanwhile, out at the Ponderosa…

Eh, what can you do? Terrible mismatch. The gulf in talent between the two teams was stark as. Our blokes can’t even execute basic skills. Fumbly hands, bad kicks, dropped marks. Pretty stop-start. You’re gonna get that when there’s no continuity, I guess.

Big size difference, too. We had such a mosquito fleet. Jed Mac Lite everywhere farken.

Hell, we were lucky Centrals didn’t kick straight early on. Especially in the first quarter. Really should’ve been 10+ goals up at half-time.

You know, I reckon it’s time to retire the prison bars. Seriously. It’s status deserves to be elevated on the national stage. Not devalued by uncompetitive units in state leagues (SA or otherwise.) Yuck.

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 10.02.16 pm.png

Quarter-time was weird. Both teams were in their respective huddles, being addressed by coaches. Was going on for a bit.

Next thing, Hammer comes out prancing like a pony. A showpony. And I’m thinking why isn’t the preening campaigner already in there?

He was a posuer as a player. He’s a poseur as a coach. He’s prolly a poseur full stop.

Hoff looked in better nick than most of the Maggies players. Hell, I’d be tempted to redraft him and plonk him in a forward pocket. Present a more dangerous third tall option up forward than anyone else has this year.

3 Hoff.png

For the 34th year in a row, I call on the Central Districts Football Club to ditch those shitty Crows knock-offs and bring back the white guernseys. White socks, too. That classic kit was pure sex.

These rando kids ambushed me coz I was wearing my Salisbury Magpies jacket. Turns out they’re juniors out there; they were going on about how great the club is and whatnot. Litle shitbags made me feel really uncomfortable. I was like: “Can you just go away? Please?”

I mean, it was like reverse Stranger Danger.

Now that takes me back! When I was a boy, growing up in 80s Adelaide, we didn’t know if we’d come home once we stepped out the front door. In the back of our minds, we were always worried about being snatched off the street by The Family, who’d get their jollies then dump us down the Little Para with a bottle up our arse.

Anyway.

This weird ass. Rando barely watched the game. He was too busy making Snapchats or TikToks or whatever for his 18 followers (that's what I'm assuming the number on the back of his guernsey was reppin.) Every reel was shitcanning Hammer and Hoff, lol.

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 9.59.49 pm.png

Pro-tip: don’t shoot up at half-time and go on the nod behind the Port interchange bench early in the third term. Like old mate (not pictured, btw.) Security was on the way when some dude came flying out of nowhere shouting:

“He’s my brother! He’s my brother!”

He wasn’t. It was his dealer. Obvs. Anyway, he took him away, presumably so the dude, who was smacked out of his brain, wouldn’t bring any heat on him.

5 Wooden Spoon.png

Fair few wooden spoons out today. Especially when the final siren went. They even belted out a "wooden spooners" chant by the race. Some of our players had a little chuckle at the dopes as they headed down to the rooms, lol.

Swinging by the dunny on my way out, this Dirty Dog was whopping it on a couple of Boomer Port tarts. Old mate was so keen, he wished Port good luck in the finals. "This might be the year," he said. And then the blonde bitch goes:

“I hope we do it for Kenny.”

Last edited:
Ahhhh, my fave footy fixture. Never miss it. Ever.

Especially this year. For the longest time, I thought it was gonna be the last hurrah. Come to think of it, Port v Centrals @ Lizbeff is the only AFL or SANFL game I go to anymore. When this fixture disappears, that’ll prolly be it for me.

Almost didn’t make it. Between this achilles tendonitis, this dodgy back and this wonky hip, I can barely hobble around atm. Also, I was rostered on to work. Plot twist: I quit work yesterday. Because physically incapable thx to my various ailments. So yeah, I’ve suddenly got all the free time in the world.

This getting old shit, fmd. Had to get glasses, too. Didn’t realise how much I needed em til I got em. Hawt barista at the cafe took a double look when she saw me wearing em today. Already paying off. HOT DAMN

View attachment 2090279

Meanwhile, out at the Ponderosa…

Eh, what can you do? Terrible mismatch. The gulf in talent between the two teams was stark as. Our blokes can’t even execute basic skills. Fumbly hands, bad kicks, dropped marks. Pretty stop-start. You’re gonna get that when there’s no continuity, I guess.

Big size difference, too. We had such a mosquito fleet. Jed Mac Lite everywhere farken.

Hell, we were lucky Centrals didn’t kick straight early on. Especially in the first quarter. Really should’ve been 10+ goals up at half-time.

You know, I reckon it’s time to retire the prison bars. Seriously. It’s status deserves to be elevated on the national stage. Not devalued by uncompetitive units in state leagues (SA or otherwise.) Yuck.

View attachment 2090284

Quarter-time was weird. Both teams were in their respective huddles, being addressed by coaches. Was going on for a bit.

Next thing, Hammer comes out prancing like a pony. A showpony. And I’m thinking why isn’t the preening campaigner already in there?

He was a posuer as a player. He’s a poseur as a coach. He’s prolly a poseur full stop.

Hoff looked in better nick than most of the Maggies players. Hell, I’d be tempted to redraft him and plonk him in a forward pocket. Present a more dangerous third tall option up forward than anyone else has this year.

View attachment 2090285

For the 34th year in a row, I call on the Central Districts Football Club to ditch those shitty Crows knock-offs and bring back the white guernseys. White socks, too. That classic kit was pure sex.

These rando kids ambushed me coz I was wearing my Salisbury Magpies jacket. Turns out they’re juniors out there; they were going on about how great the club is and whatnot. Litle shitbags made me feel really uncomfortable. I was like: “Can you just go away? Please?”

I mean, it was like reverse Stranger Danger.

Now that takes me back! When I was a boy, growing up in 80s Adelaide, we didn’t know if we’d come home once we stepped out the front door. In the back of our minds, we were always worried about being snatched off the street by The Family, who’d get their jollies then dump us down the Little Para with a bottle up our arse.

Anyway.

This weird ass. Rando barely watched the game. He was too busy making Snapchats or TikToks or whatever for his 18 followers (that's what I'm assuming the number on the back of his guernsey was reppin.) Every reel was shitcanning Hammer and Hoff, lol.

View attachment 2090286

Pro-tip: don’t shoot up at half-time and go on the nod behind the Port interchange bench early in the third term. Like old mate (not pictured, btw.) Security was on the way when some dude came flying out of nowhere shouting:

“He’s my brother! He’s my brother!”

He wasn’t. It was his dealer. Obvs. Anyway, he took him away, presumably so the dude, who was smacked out of his brain, wouldn’t bring any heat on him.

View attachment 2090288

Fair few wooden spoons out today. Especially when the final siren went. They even belted out a "wooden spooners" chant by the race. Some of our players had a little chuckle at the dopes as they headed down to the rooms, lol.

Swinging by the dunny on my way out, this Dirty Dog was whopping it on a couple of Boomer Port tarts. Old mate was so keen, he wished Port good luck in the finals. "This might be the year," he said. And then the blonde bitch goes:

“I hope we do it for Kenny.”

Lol what a great recap. Elizabeth Oval is always worth some highlights ... and lowlights.

Not according to some random caller on fiveaa yesterday. He reckons watch this space . Papers are being signed and port will be in the vfl next year.

Oh no, off to court we go.

McCallum’s kicking is a lottery, all he’s got is a little 15m dash. He’s like a worse Daniel Flynn. He won’t make it.

Charleson handballing to players back while they were not looking summed up the day.
Delist both now. I get that the SANFL side hasn’t been an ideal environment for anyone this year and that injuries stifle development too, but we will need vacant list spots if we’re going to bring in 1-2 free agents, 3-4 NGA/father-son draftees and whatever else we get for the Houston trade. Let’s not waste time on players who aren’t showing some basic pre-requisites for the roles they were drafted to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was also a player who accepted his limitations far too readily and did not maximise his abilities. I’m sure he worked hard to overcome injury and develop his “rig”, but you can’t tell me Hamish Hartlett was a player who got the most out of himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 19 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back