2nds 2019 SANFL Grand Final- Port Adelaide v Glenelg 3pm Sunday 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

The influence of Hinkley has stunk up the whole club, they could have put Power jumpers on and you wouldn't know the difference.

Ken is like a festering sore.
Before anyone can accuse you of grinding your Hinkley axe, let me be the first to defend you and say you are 100% right.

Now for OGC and others to hunt you down.

Really had no impetus from the get-go a very flat performance

I wonder if we made the mistake of telling half of them they were gone before the GF.

Like the year Eddy played like he was wearing a beret and holding a white flag.

We hope to be back next year - Cam Sutcliffe

Loser talk

He probably means the SANFL rules.

He’ll be allowed to train at Alberton but will be forced to play at Strathalbyn. Only on Tuesdays.

Not really surprised by the result.
I suppose I wasn't either really, just surprised by how meekly we gave up. Look, i'm no football expert and I could only go by the TV coverage, but we seemed to be short on players who actually cared about the result. This is bad enough in the regular season but in a GF, I find it incredulous. It's up there with the insipid smiling and opposition praising we get every week the Power do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can put a line through Atley. He will never make it.

After this finals series I have doubts on everyone other than Drew, Ladhams, Hayes and Garner (although he had a stinker today - was terribly slow and fumbly and clumsy below his knees).

I have seen nothing from Marshall this year to convince me he will be anything other than a poor man's Westhoff. I know tall forwards take time, but usually you can see something in the way they present or attack the footy to give you hope. He gets a few clever kicks when he runs onto a bouncing ball, and people are wiping the saliva off their feet. Yes, he's had tragedy upon tragedy beset his young career, but this coming preseason is more important to him than any other player on our list. It is now or never, Marshall. If you're going to represent Port Adelaide, you rise above the awful things that have confronted you and be a stronger, better man and player in spite of it and because of it. He must work infinitely harder than he currently does. At least attack the footy young man.

Farrell, Frampton and Atley are all extremely doubtful after watching them closely over the last month. None of them contributed to an expected standard in any of the three finals. Atley was a better footballer in 2017 for sure.

Woodcock is too slow for his size, as is Cox, who has one trick and one trick only - to mark the footy.

We hope to be back next year - Cam Sutcliffe

Loser talk

For both the AFL Club's playing in the SANFL it is a year to year lottery mate. We could have several changes to our AFL list and this could affect the Magpies playing strength. In that respect Cam Sutcliffe is probably right we have to hope we have a competitive outfit.

We have to win Premierships when we get the chance and that is the third opportunity we have let slip.

AFL players check out against North Melbourne to ensure they don't miss their flights.

SANFL players check out against Glenelg to ensure they don't injure themselves before getting to clubs they might be traded to. Why risk your career ending over some meaningless premiership? Not to mention the fact that most of those players will be back training for preseason in six weeks.

The only time you'll ever get a genuine performance from the players in the SANFL GF is if the AFL team is playing finals as well and they are trying to press their claim to be included in the GF side if a player gets injured.

I wonder if we made the mistake of telling half of them they were gone before the GF.

Like the year Eddy played like he was wearing a beret and holding a white flag.
Regardless of the regular stitch up our intensity was shit it looked like they were all on Serepax, something didn't work in the week off I didn't think it'd be good for this bunch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back