No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we finish the trade period with what we currently have then that's incredible imo. If we manage to land Bonar then that's the absolute icing on the cake (in part wouldn't be surprised if we went down this route in a three way or something to make up for the unders on Patton).
Pitto leaving is a bit sad but power to the big man if it gets done!
Wouldn't mind going for more draft picks somehow but again, v happy with our lot at the moment.

If we finish the trade period with what we currently have then that's incredible imo. If we manage to land Bonar then that's the absolute icing on the cake (in part wouldn't be surprised if we went down this route in a three way or something to make up for the unders on Patton).
Pitto leaving is a bit sad but power to the big man if it gets done!
Wouldn't mind going for more draft picks somehow but again, v happy with our lot at the moment.
this 100%...we needed a key forward to replace Rough, a key back that can slot in after Frawley and an inside mid. To hit two of those three positions whilst improving your draft hand which will help you land a kid that can grow into the third need it is amazing. Bonar would be icing but the cake is already tasty

this 100%...we needed a key forward to replace Rough, a key back that can slot in after Frawley and an inside mid. To hit two of those three positions whilst improving your draft hand which will help you land a kid that can grow into the third need it is amazing. Bonar would be icing but the cake is already tasty

I'd argue we need an outside mid more than inside. Thanks to Worps developing as fast as he has, our complement of inside mids is pretty nice. Plus, provided we get Finn in, that's another inside mid snagged, albeit one who will take a little to be AFL ready.

It's the ageing wingers in Hendo and Smith we need to start finding replacements for.

I'd argue we need an outside mid more than inside. Thanks to Worps developing as fast as he has, our complement of inside mids is pretty nice. Plus, provided we get Finn in, that's another inside mid snagged, albeit one who will take a little to be AFL ready.

It's the ageing wingers in Hendo and Smith we need to start finding replacements for.

That's why I was gutted Bradley Hill's preference was against coming back to Hawthorn.

Take age out of it and it might just be a sign of a player simply having bad games. He's never been someone who has a blinder week in and week out, in fact he's probably had less signs of an 'aging player' this year than he did in his first 2 years at the Hawks.
He had a few stinkers, the Pies was one and North he didn’t have an influence and the loss to the Eagles he was off it.. all in all had a very good year, but there were signs of a player getting older.
No Opposition Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets discussion - read the rules in OP
Today of all days fellas.

I'm not after a Mod badge.

:rainbow::thumbsu:

No Opposition Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets discussion - read the rules in OP
Today of all days fellas.

I'm not after a Mod badge.

:rainbow::thumbsu:

How about a NBA ref position?

Well it would seem we have one day to listen in on what's going on in other deals to see if we can be the beneficiary of a third party deal or jump in as a late suitor for a player if negotiations fall down.

Still got the Pittonet situation to get through though.

He had a few stinkers, the Pies was one and North he didn’t have an influence and the loss to the Eagles he was off it.. all in all had a very good year, but there were signs of a player getting older.

Pretty sure the opposition started to tag Hendo after his hot start to the year which coincided with his production dropping off. You are right in that we need to start planning for the future but with Downie coming in soon I feel we'll have Hendo covered once he hangs up the boots.

9 hours til end of trade period
Probably not much left in the Bargain Basement, so GW should spend the next few hours shopping in the upper levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back