2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The unknown is what fans don’t often factor in though. We weren’t trading for Charlie as he was in 2017. We were trading for what we thought he might become over the following 8–10 years. He might have surpassed your expectations and maybe he surpassed the club’s too. But there was enough evidence there to suggest we were getting a potentially special player. He’d done things in games that were incredible. He’d had elite quarters and halves. He’d played a great prelim final. He clearly wasn’t the finished product but I don’t think we were trading for him purely based on what he’d achieved at that point.

I’m not suggesting your logic was flawed. But you were wrong. I was too, in that I always thought pick 18 was “fair” and pick 12 was “slightly overs”. Mind you, I didn’t get bent out of shape by it because the draft is pretty overrated and I still preferred a somewhat known Charlie over the 12th ranked teenager.

It probably worth remembering that had you and I been doing the trading with that mindset, C. Cameron may not have made it on our list. In that sense, the club was proven right, which is the main thing!

IMO Zac Baily was a factor too. We wanted him and were confident he would still be there at 15 or 18 or whatever the pick was.

Anybody know if lewi Taylor was at the b&f last night?? Haven’t seen him in any pics of the night so far today !!
If he wasn’t you’d have to say he’s leaving!!

Fish says Swans are lurking.

"Who might leave: Quite a few players still in limbo with Tom Cutler attracting interest from clubs in Melbourne and Lewy Taylor from Sydney"

Bit surprised Christensen's name has been brought up linked to any other clubs, he is AFL-quality all day. Hope we keep him even if we get Elliott in. I know that after he was dropped he had a bit of a wake up call and really turned himself around, would be sad to see him de-listed.

Bit surprised Christensen's name has been brought up linked to any other clubs, he is AFL-quality all day. Hope we keep him even if we get Elliott in. I know that after he was dropped he had a bit of a wake up call and really turned himself around, would be sad to see him de-listed.
Really can't see the love for Christensen myself. Did practically nothing all season and when he came back only had a few good games then went off again. We can do much better imo. Hopefully he can get another gig somewhere.

Zac and Archie Smith could swap clubs
I'm not a fan of Zac Smith(30), he's a plodder at best and I wouldn't see him as an upgrade on Archie. The other 2 ruckman mentioned in the ruck merry go round ie. Andrew Phillips(28) and Marc Pittonet(23) I have no idea at all what they offer and if they offer more than Archie, maybe one of them would be a better option???

() = age at start of next season.

Surprised there hasn't been any sightings of Elliot stalking the real estate auctions this weekend. Unless he's been checking out which golf course will have him as a member?

I'm not a fan of Zac Smith(30), he's a plodder at best and I wouldn't see him as an upgrade on Archie. The other 2 ruckman mentioned in the ruck merry go round ie. Andrew Phillips(28) and Marc Pittonet(23) I have no idea at all what they offer and if they offer more than Archie, maybe one of them would be a better option???

() = age at start of next season.

Philips is a potato, does almost nothing. He's one of the ex-Giants on the Carlton list because they couldn't get anyone else.

Surprised there hasn't been any sightings of Elliot stalking the real estate auctions this weekend. Unless he's been checking out which golf course will have him as a member?

I've never bothered to look up the location of our new facility in Springfield, but I can only assume it's only a stones throw from Brookwater :D Used to play it heaps back in the day before there were any houses around & it was a beast of a course. Funnily enough, used to see the Scott brothers out there quite a bit too.

A handful of clubs have been speaking to Bundy. He will be on an AFL list next season, it’s just a wait and see on whether it’ll be ours.

Personally I think he deserves a contract. He was here in the hard times, never complained and got on with it. Now we’ve come good I’d like him to enjoy the ride like the rest of us.

A handful of clubs have been speaking to Bundy. He will be on an AFL list next season, it’s just a wait and see on whether it’ll be ours.

Personally I think he deserves a contract. He was here in the hard times, never complained and got on with it. Now we’ve come good I’d like him to enjoy the ride like the rest of us.
He's also fantastic with our indigenous coming of age, and I agree he offers enough to be given another contract, I'd be sad to see him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he has any trade value it will be now. Having him on the list for NEAFL numbers is not doing him any favors nor is it prudent list management from the Lions perspective.

Really can't see the love for Christensen myself. Did practically nothing all season and when he came back only had a few good games then went off again. We can do much better imo. Hopefully he can get another gig somewhere.
I agree. Settled back into a relative comfort zone.

All too well by the look of his pronounced pot in the last few games.

Always wondered about Chritensen seeing I know for a fact several years ago he discussed with a non Club person his plan to get outta the place asap. This was after we took him from Geelong under somewhat obscure circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Noticed a few times in the past where he seems like he gets irritated when quizzed by reporters - has to be a factor.

Thinking things are a little further along then it appears. He met **** last week and following that has toured the GABBA and had a fitness check when here. This being the morning after Pies B&F. I don’t think he flies up to tour the GABBA and meet **** a second time unless this is likely to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thinking things are a little further along then it appears. He met **** last week and following that has toured the GABBA and had a fitness check when here. This being the morning after Pies B&F. I don’t think he flies up to tour the GABBA and meet **** a second time unless this is likely to happen.

The medias presence has me sceptical of his intentions. I suppose we can only wait and see how it plays out.

I've never bothered to look up the location of our new facility in Springfield, but I can only assume it's only a stones throw from Brookwater :D Used to play it heaps back in the day before there were any houses around & it was a beast of a course. Funnily enough, used to see the Scott brothers out there quite a bit too.
Yes,
Next door to that horrible long par 5 up the hill...

A lot of posters have parroted Ricky Nixon's tweet about the Pies now offering three years @ $500 & come to the conclusion that it's fait accompli that he stays a pie (and that's if it is actually a tweet based on good intel). But maybe it isn't just about the money. The Dees already had a three year offer on the table, and you'd have to think that it would've been a little higher per year than the offer per year from the Pies.

It could be playing away from the intense scrutiny of a big Melbourne club, it could be he likes the recent history of our medical team, it could be that he is just a massive fagan fan.

Yes,
Next door to that horrible long par 5 up the hill...

You'll need to be more specific. I remember them all like that, :tearsofjoy: . I honestly don't know why we played it as many times as we did. My home course was the Palms at Sanctuary Cove, could always aim to hit around 80 even off the back tees. Best score around mid 70's. I don't think I ever broke 100 off the back markers at Brookwater. It was a seriously stern test.

FWIW Nixon has said an hour ago Elliott was def coming to Brisbane until the new offer from Coll now he isn't sure what to do. Could be right could be 100% made up who knows

If it is true that means he would have told **** he was coming. Hard to go back on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back