2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi folks. Nice work forcing us to up his deal!

Just a word of warning on Murray... You don't want him. He's very quick and takes the game on but is possibly the worst kick of a footy I've ever seen. His ball dropping technique is an abomination. And has shown nothing to suggest he learned anything from his drug blunder. No indication of contrition and shows every sign of still loving the "party" life on social media. I can understand taking a free hit on a line breaker, but I reckon you'd find a better player with some toe in the state leagues.

All the best for the off season and for next year. Drove past the site of the new ground out here at Springfield and it looks like things are underway. Good to see.

Elliott would’ve been a real luxury I feel. I was all for it.

Brodie Smith won’t be a Lion next year.

Not too sure we really have any other targets except Ah Chee.

Yeah doesn't seem like it. Which is no bad thing necessarily - you can't have absurdly busy trade periods every year.

Securing Ah Chee cheaply and moving up the draft order would be a successful period I think.

Yeah doesn't seem like it. Which is no bad thing necessarily - you can't have absurdly busy trade periods every year.

Securing Ah Chee cheaply and moving up the draft order would be a successful period I think.
Agreed. The idea of trade period "success" is very media driven. We often have little idea what the clubs themselves think on the success or failure of their trade periods and they may not know until after the draft, after pre-season or even 2 years down the track.

Sorry, something sounds a bit off about this whole Elliott thing. The guy was reportedly wanting a longer contract than the 2 years the Pies were offering - we tabled a 3 year contract worth more per year, and he still re-signs with Collingwood for just 2 years and less coin anyway?

What was the point? I genuinely wonder how much extra in 'media' bonuses Eddie has agreed to under the table in this case.

Sorry, something sounds a bit off about this whole Elliott thing. The guy was reportedly wanting a longer contract than the 2 years the Pies were offering - we tabled a 3 year contract worth more per year, and he still re-signs with Collingwood for just 2 years and less coin anyway?

What was the point? I genuinely wonder how much extra in 'media' bonuses Eddie has agreed to under the table in this case.
He's been schooled in the Packer way of doing business and it's on self evident display what that entails

I still feel that the lions have something in play. Maybe a running half back not sure just listening to interviews with noble he sounds like he knows something and I reckon that Brisbane are trying hard for a top player. If I’m wrong I don’t mind at all but would love to draw in another really high end talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make no mistake, we have a list of 6 players who have seriously expressed their interest to their player managers in coming to the Lions. The club has to weigh the pros/cons of each player, and whether they can fill the roles out as compared to the younger players in our team.

Ooooh.

Is this including Greenwood and Elliot?

Actually got the feeling it wasn't going ahead on Saturday... Fages was interviewed by Ch 7 news, before the B&F. Paraphrasing a bit here but went along the lines ...
Fagan: "We had met with Elliott earlier. That's not to say Elliott is going to come to Brisbane... he is exploring all his options....we put our case forward and used our injury-free run in 2019 as a selling point.

Edit: Found this ...

The Lions reportedly had used their injury-free run in 2019 as a selling point to the oft-hamstrung forward.
Ahead of the Lions' best-and-fairest count on Saturday night, Fagan told Channel Seven Elliott was exploring all of his options.
The Lions made the finals for the first time in a decade but lost both of their matches, to Richmond and Greater Western Sydney. They already boast star small forward Charlie Cameron, but their potency inside attacking 50 would increase should Elliott agree to head north

Last edited:
Sounds like Cutler isn’t getting a lot of interest but seems set on getting back to Victoria

I wonder how Carlton are going to trade in both Martin and Papley. Do they have the currency without trading out players? Wouldn't think so.
pick 9 future 3rd to sydney for papley and pick 24 (i think it is)
pick 24 for martin, sos won’t give them a future first for martin unless something is coming back our way along with martin

pick 9 future 3rd to sydney for papley and pick 24 (i think it is)
pick 24 for martin, sos won’t give them a future first for martin unless something is coming back our way along with martin
Get the Papley deal done. Then we give them Taylor 16 and 21 for 9 and there second round lick next year. Swans give Bombers 5 and 21 for Daniher. We have 9 and can death ride Sydney next year

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back