2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly officially an Eagle now.

Surely premiership favourites for next season?

Eagles list very good now but a fair few picks to get that over the line. Don't rate next two drafts or just getting it done I wonder.

edit: Eagles list was obviously already very good, it's just even better now.

Last edited:
Geelong pick 14 and 17 to Carlton for pick 9 and something.

Then pick 14 for Martin and 17 for Papley?

*Geelong

I disagree. He is contracted though.

He's contracted until 2023 too. They'll get a better offer than 17 from someone else in Victoria for Papley too and it sounds like he's open to other options if Carlton falls through. I doubt Carlton can afford to trade down so far.

Martin's uncontracted, and yeah the Gold Coast could pick him up in the pre-season draft but how likely is that? Think Martin gets down with a future pick swap in the end.

Surely ah chee goes through soon would love it to be our pick in the 40s . Or the coasters gonna want pick in 30s . Wouldn’t even mind it being a future second to be honest as next years draft doesn’t look great from all accounts .
Think we have to free up a list spot first. Don't we currently have 40 on the main list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Eagles essentially can have a starting midfield of Nic Nat in the ruck with Shuey - Yeo - Kelly - Sheed -and Redden rotating thru the centre with Gaff on the wing. Thats one hell of a midfield. They could even throw Yeo to a half back flank where he played for us. Yeo - Hurn and Jetta all kicking the ball out of the back line.

Going to be a top two side next year unless they fall of the cliff or get some bad injuries. Losing Rioli will hurt but they were smart enough to get Kelly without losing any players.

He's contracted until 2023 too. They'll get a better offer than 17 from someone else in Victoria for Papley too and it sounds like he's open to other options if Carlton falls through. I doubt Carlton can afford to trade down so far.

Martin's uncontracted, and yeah the Gold Coast could pick him up in the pre-season draft but how likely is that? Think Martin gets down with a future pick swap in the end.
Actually only contract to 2021 with the remaining 2 years an option in Papley's favour.

People really need to get over the Cameron brothers reuniting. Jarrod is very happy in Perth and is not going anywhere.
I don't think anyone has suggested he is not happy or is coming to us this trade period

Geelong won that one. DIdnt think they would get that much
Short term is a win to the Eagles. They are right in their window and should be favourites with Richmond next year.

But long term its a good deal for Geelong. Great return for a medium draft pick. Two years of great performance and then sold at a profit. Only problem is it doesnt help them with their aged list in the window as well

Short term is a win to the Eagles. They are right in their window and should be favourites with Richmond next year.

But long term its a good deal for Geelong. Great return for a medium draft pick. Two years of great performance and then sold at a profit. Only problem is it doesnt help them with their aged list in the window as well

Worth pointing out that he was paid a pittance compared to his market value for those two years, and West Coast are going to have to actually pay him what he is worth. Very health profit for the Cats even though you'd rather have Kelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back