2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would we want out of that list

Gawn, but he’s about to turn 30
Kelly, but it would end up costing us Rowell or Anderson in a cap squeeze ( pass)

not really keen on any of the others

1605577453509.gif
Hard to say No to the Bont, Cripps Vlastuin McDonald or Merrett.

I think 1 or maybe 2 might be best 22 for the Suns in 2022

View attachment 1013101
Hard to say No to the Bont, Cripps Vlastuin McDonald or Merrett.

I think 1 or maybe 2 might be best 22 for the Suns in 2022
Would you be willing to lose Rowell for one of them? There are only so many $$$ and if we pay a Cripps a million how do we pay Rowell

I take Rowell every day of the week

Don't mind open a two rookie spot for Majak and Mason wood . Academy players will struggle in VFL . If other club get Aiden Fyfe and pescud can always get them after two year or later (eg how Adelaide get Hately through PSD) and let other club develop them first .

Don't mind open a two rookie spot for Majak and Mason wood . Academy players will struggle in VFL . If other club get Aiden Fyfe and pescud can always get them after two year or later (eg how Adelaide get Hately through PSD) and let other club develop them first .
Dont think that will happen with us having to drop three players at least from the senior list (not trading Brodie has taken away most of our flexibilty especially moneywise) unless we delist Rosa, Mutagh and / Conroy, the Rookie list will be Davies , Jeffrey, senior demotions and a couple of academy kids

Other thing is that with the pay cuts most of those players you named couldn't survive on a basic rookies wage, if we had a senior spot still available could have slotted one in

Last edited:
Dont think that will happen with us having to drop three players at least from the senior list (not trading Brodie has taken away most of our flexibilty) unless we delist Rosa, Mutagh and / Conroy, the Rookie list will be Davies , Jeffrey, senior demotions and a couple of academy kids
10 players
Murtagh , Irish , ace .Other Rookie A all gone.
1) Corey Ellis
2) Jacob Dawson
3) Sam Fletcher
4) heron -
5) riodan - Lake
6) Josh Schoenfield - Jeffrey
7) riodan - Alex Davies
--------+++
Murtagh , Irish ,ace stay on list .
----------------------
Hanley - ( buddarick upgrade to senior list )
Miles - Rosa upgrade
Conrey - can delist and rerookie harbrow for upgrade .
-------------------
Joyce - Markov
Peter Wright - Atkins
--------------------
GHS - pick 5
-----------+++++

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you be willing to lose Rowell for one of them? There are only so many $$$ and if we pay a Cripps a million how do we pay Rowell

I take Rowell every day of the week

well pies paying Pendles DeGoey Moore Treloar beams and Sidebottom all close 900k a year..

What could possibly go wrong..

Other then King and Rowell.. who is the Suns next All Australians?
Who would demand over 700k a year

well pies paying Pendles DeGoey Moore Treloar beams and Sidebottom all close 900k a year..

Nothing could go wrong if you want to follow Collingwood model . You just ask player to Go somewhere else .

Nothing could go wrong if you want to follow Collingwood model . You just ask player to Go somewhere else .
I don't think anyone would bat an eye paying pendles good money. But would be on less than 900k, more like 700-800.
Beams on 500k. Figures have been released, De Goey's new contract willm be 750k and Moore 800k (but who will complain about that one). But problems started about 4 years ago and just catching up. But its been fixed up now.

Anderson, Lukosius, Rankine, Ainsworth, Ballard, Powell, Bowes I hold hope for AA.. not too sure about wages

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

By whom? Surely not by the club. Pendles will be 33 in 2 months. As much as I like him, pay cut is due.
Think the cap is due to be released this week and I think we are sailing pretty close hence we are only taking the one draft pick. We will probably have guys even on the Rookie list that will be on 300 K like Murdoch so think we should keep those academy kids that don't get chosen in the main draft down to play in the nab league. We are going to come up against sides like Calder and Oakleigh so we are going to need some guns like Pescud ,Fyfe , Johnstone , Reeves and Nicholls to even compete with them

Think the cap is due to be released this week and I think we are sailing pretty close hence we are only taking the one draft pick. We will probably have guys even on the Rookie list that will be on 300 K like Murdoch so think we should keep those academy kids that don't get chosen in the main draft down to play in the nab league. We are going to come up against sides like Calder and Oakleigh so we are going to need some guns like Pescud ,Fyfe , Johnstone , Reeves and Nicholls to even compete with them
Sadly hombsch , Murdoch and thompson are on decent coin . Craig Cameron try to be optimised on trade radio,Regarding Thompson comeback (400k/year ) but 5 years deal with injury history is just far too long. Hopefully the contract is heavily front loaded this year .

10 players
Murtagh , Irish , ace .Other Rookie A all gone.
1) Corey Ellis
2) Jacob Dawson
3) Sam Fletcher
4) heron -
5) riodan - Lake
6) Josh Schoenfield - Jeffrey
7) riodan - Alex Davies
--------+++
Murtagh , Irish ,ace stay on list .
----------------------
Hanley - ( buddarick upgrade to senior list )
Miles - Rosa upgrade
Conrey - can delist and rerookie harbrow for upgrade .
-------------------
Joyce - Markov
Peter Wright - Atkins
--------------------
GHS - pick 5
-----------+++++

Conroy last year wouldn’t have got a bid so if he has to be primary listed I will be very disappointed. Budarick probably pick 30-40 and Rosas 50-60 I understand by Conroy FMD

Conroy last year wouldn’t have got a bid so if he has to be primary listed I will be very disappointed. Budarick probably pick 30-40 and Rosas 50-60 I understand by Conroy FMD
Yeah I believe he has to, likewise Jeffery and Davies will have to be next year and who else if prelisted , hopefully they will still allow us to keep 40 on the senior list and only demote Harbrow , otherwise I would delist two or do a Lyons with Brodie and hope someone picks him up to give us some flexibility

Yeah I believe he has to, likewise Jeffery and Davies will have to be next year and who else if prelisted , hopefully they will still allow us to keep 40 on the senior list and only demote Harbrow , otherwise I would delist two or do a Lyons with Brodie and hope someone picks him up to give us some flexibility
I understand Davies and Jeffrey as well but Conroy... I’m dumbfounded we would have to list him... I feel like a Rocket Eade explosion might occur

Can't hope someone picks Brodie up if you delist him. Would need him to agree to tear up deal, which he would only do with the promise of at least the same money.

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back