Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The issue may be that we won't find a buyer for that deal.

I can only imagine Essendon MAY be willing to send out one of 6,7,8 for our 2021 pick. But due to the Academy bids, Essendon's first picks might blow out to 10 or past it. Are we willing to give up a top 10 pick in a stronger, less compromised, more information draft....for a very late top 10 pick in this draft riddled with concerns? All for the benefit of getting in 1 kid, 1 year earlier? Doubt it.
I think there would be a lot of interest in our 2021 first pick. For the same reasons, I don’t want us to touch it

Herald Sun phantom draft had us taking Zac Dumsney at pick 30.

Upon investigation he is a 187cm utility that is strong overhead and an elite kick. James Sicily like. I wonder if he is somebody the club likes around that point.

Trade our future first for another top 10 pick this year. I can't see us being bottom 3-4 again so all the talk of the gun SA kid is probably moot for us. And if the draft is as stacked as people are expecting in 2021 we should still be able to get quality kids with later picks.

The sooner we get talent into the club the faster we can climb back up the ladder IMO. I'd be happy to trade our future first for perhaps GC 5 (they might see it as top 5 next year and don't necessarily need their pick with their two pre-selections being good players) or deal with GWS and grab and handful of kids who could have been top 5-10 this year without COVID.

Either way, I just want to feel that the club is pulling out all stops to get back as quickly as possible. I didnt really feel that with the FA and trade period so hoping they make a few moves with the draft.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I hate to say it but I’m not convinced our year is going to be that bright next year. It would be madness to trade our future first

2022 will be the start of our climb back.

I believe that given our final ladder position this year and the personnel that left in the offseason that it would be plan negligent to trade out next years first.

If we were carrying the same list into next season that we started this one with then I'd definitely back us in to improve, however I have us finishing around the same mark.

Would we perhaps be better off attempting to trade out this years first for picks both this year and next?

Something like send Collingwood Picks 4 and 24 in exchange for Picks 14, 16 and their first next year 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be really disappointed if we wasted pick 4 on Perkins.

If the club deems him worthy of being drafted there then I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste.

Would have to back ourselves in and give the kid a realistic chance before any judgement could be made on whether it was a success or not.

The same could be said of anyone not only selected by us, but also taken in the entirety of the draft itself.

I agree we won’t be bottom 5 bad next year but Our first next year will probably be a better prospect then Perkins or Henry who we would look to take with another top 10 pick.

what gives you confidence that we will improve our ladder position next year?

Lol and this is because?
many (like me) assess him as the player with the highest ceiling. If we do take him you might be pleasantly surprised.
Like all the people disappointed we took Day?

I just don’t rate him that highly compared to some of the other players in the draft. That’s just me though.

If he gets selected with pick 4, I will come back on here, apologise and then eat my hat! :$:thumbsu:

We can always trade back into the 1st round next year. The Pies 20211st Pick is definitely on the table and our 2022 1st could also be used. On draft night if a player of great interest became available at a certain pick I would pull the trigger on trading next year’s 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back