2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith has been one of the most consistent players during our 3peat. He is getting, i'd guess we've seen his ceiling, he is not a 2nd or 3rd year player and he was a mature ager when we got him. Honestly, an odd one to single out. His voice and leadership is always noted by those that get to training and watch. I doubt he is going to take his game to 'the next level' as his level is already one of the best wingmen of the last 10 years and one of the best i've seen since Robbie Flower. Pretty bloody hard level to take to the next
He’s been incredible, I don’t know what the other guy is on about.
Last year I think he copped a nasty injury to his hand against st Kilda . He struggled a bit after that game , but he eventually came good. Great player 👍

Actually... Berating someone for an opinion is BF at its best...
( sorry i didn't quote both posts... )
Before 'berating' or as I saw it 'Calling out his bullshit trolling' I checked his last ten posts and they were all flat out negative, so I just stated that he should be on Essendons board, not this one. TBH I have thought about it and I don't like what I did but I'm fed up with the amount of negative pricks so I let go...probably shouldn't have but I did.

Why? Based on what?

Taking into account his only timed run U18 player, running 9:26 he wouldn't have even set the Draft Combine record for the 3km.

I have no doubt that Scully is an absolute freak, but I'm not convinced he would beat Maginness or Smith when they're not a huge amount behind Mark Blicavs who almost qualified for the Olympics over 1500m.

Scully would dominate if they were asked to run ad nauseam, but over 2km it's not a guarantee.
From info I have direct from the appropriate internal team and I won’t repeat in a public forum, Tom would have won the trial.

I find his response in this video to be even more impressive than the feat it's about. It would be completely understandable for a competitive kid, new to the club he loves, who just won the trial dominated by a champion of our club to indulge in some of the glory of the moment and pump himself up a little in what has probably been a good step towards earning a R1 debut.

Instead he shows genuine humility and huge respect to Smith and the other leaders. As well as highlighting the efforts of others. He's not about proving himself to his teammates just by outperforming them. He's about learning as much as he can from them and showing respect to the team by giving his best efforts.

Definitely future captain material, but Worpel shows the exact same attitude and mindset.
So well said !!

Before 'berating' or as I saw it 'Calling out his bullshit trolling' I checked his last ten posts and they were all flat out negative, so I just stated that he should be on Essendons board, not this one. TBH I have thought about it and I don't like what I did but I'm fed up with the amount of negative pricks so I let go...probably shouldn't have but I did.

Fair enough.

I find his response in this video to be even more impressive than the feat it's about. It would be completely understandable for a competitive kid, new to the club he loves, who just won the trial dominated by a champion of our club to indulge in some of the glory of the moment and pump himself up a little in what has probably been a good step towards earning a R1 debut.

Instead he shows genuine humility and huge respect to Smith and the other leaders. As well as highlighting the efforts of others. He's not about proving himself to his teammates just by outperforming them. He's about learning as much as he can from them and showing respect to the team by giving his best efforts.

Definitely future captain material, but Worpel shows the exact same attitude and mindset.
Impressive. I agree

But before saying future captain want to see how he goes kicking the footy and stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would have a record of Scully's time over 2km without a doubt & Tops source would know that it is faster than both Smith & Finn.

They wouldn't, because GWS have a different training team and didn't do 2km time trials.

They didn't.

They do now. Absolutely no record of 2km Time Trials run at GWS before 2019. Feel free to look that up.
Perhaps not, but there's no chance that Scully doesn't know his own 2km PB.

*I agree by the way, I'd back a fit Smitty over 2km

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back