2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
*except for Brisbane

I'm sticking up for them because I believe in giving credit where it's due instead of just bagging someone because they lost. Just because their supporters bagged us for losing the 17 GF doesn't mean we have have to return fire.

Can't we be the bigger people here?

It's becoming obvious that despite this being a forum, and a 'non Crows discussion' one at that, we are still unable to give Port any sort of credit whatsoever. Lesson learnt.
Look, I admire you trying to be rational about it - but goddamn it this is a Crows board and we should able to enjoy one of the few good pieces of news this year in peace.

Tell you what, last night was another example that the Pear have no connection to the Magpie heritage. There's no way the Maggies I grew up hating would have lost that game. One club my arse.
Amen

When the Power boys wear the Black and White jumper it is akin to the MG badge being slapped on the front of a cheap Chinese car.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Still a great story, leaves Brisbane for a premiership and they are now closer to a Premiership than Port are. He deserves it, loyalty would've paid off.
I always thought he was pretty much pushed out of Brisbane

It'd be interesting to see the same game played on a dry night (obviously not going to happen). I can't help but think the rain favoured Richmonds playing style.
I thought the opposite actually. Richmond played the better football when the rain eased

Well these won’t be big sellers now.
View attachment 987527
Jesus. I can't drink Pirate Life because of their evil affiliations, I can't drink Coopers because they're run by right wing nutters.

I think I need to get back to that beer thread, and work out what I should be drinking.

Dixon was out of sorts early. Had plenty opportunities to clunk a big one or crash a pack but instead swan dived every contest. Occasion got the better of him early I reckon.

Dixon has always been way overrate. He has a manufactured presence due mainly to his blustery threatening way. He invariably contributes in a minor way to most games. He cannot handle packs. And if I am correct his selection as an All Australian is the greatest laugh of all time.

I thought the opposite actually. Richmond played the better football when the rain eased
I agree with that. I just think if it dry from start. Both teams were pretty fumbly in the first half, I think Richmond lifted a little, particularly in last quarter. And Richmond did seem cleaner in the moments that counted in second half

I would go Schofield over Voss if I was Norf.

His work at Subiaco, then reorganised Port.

Has a bit of "Clarko" about him. Success at lower level and made a real positive impact as an assistant in an AFL club.

Rhyce Shaw was widely considered the best assistant in the AFL. They need a very experienced and mature head there, to get them through this. It shows just how resilient Nicks must be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with that. I just think if it dry from start. Both teams were pretty fumbly in the first half, I think Richmond lifted a little, particularly in last quarter. And Richmond did seem cleaner in the moments that counted in second half

Port had them covered with speed. Unfortunately for them, they need perfect dry weather footy to have exploited Richmond.

Still a great story, leaves Brisbane for a premiership and they are now closer to a Premiership than Port are. He deserves it, loyalty would've paid off.
He left Brisbane because they didn't want him there any more. Was supposedly one of the big contributors to a problematic club culture.

So it Ken Hinkley still crying a river because nobody in the media had Port as flag favourites?

I said to a Port mate at the time that Ken needed ro foxus on his playing group not who the media were tipping as premierahip favourites

Fast forward 3 weeks, Port lose another home final however this time a prelim

Port will always be vulnerable in finals with the likes of S Motlop who has a history of going missing in finals and with a midfield that cant hit targets

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rhyce Shaw was widely considered the best assistant in the AFL. They need a very experienced and mature head there, to get them through this. It shows just how resilient Nicks must be.
Did Shaw ever coach in his own right?

Look at what Schofield did at Subi.

Took them from bottom to top, an undefeated season.

Hopefully Geelong loss tonight and show much they need B.Crouch, just like how Port Power lost last night show B.Crouch have been very handy, supposedly there are 6 clubs still interested in B.Crouch, let the bidding begin....we would easily match $650-700K and have the 1st pick in the preseason draft.

It'd be interesting to see the same game played on a dry night (obviously not going to happen). I can't help but think the rain favoured Richmonds playing style.
Disagree. Richmond are a far more talented team. Port player a forward moving chaos style of football that is tailored to the wet.

For the first time I saw the can of coke thrown at Lynch on Fox Sports.

While it may have been a kid, it is a reflection IMO of the upbringing of that child in dealing when things dont go your way.

The kid and the parent/guardian hopefully both get banned and this is not swept under the Alberton rug.

Port supporters have strong history here in the way they reaction to the opposition post game. Yes, history in the making.

Ok did some research Port offered him 4 years and Brisbane offered less.. so Port overcommitted to sign the missing link.
From memory Fagan was using him as bit of battering ram to protect the younger mids as well. He was pretty banged up by the time he went to Port

So it Ken Hinkley still crying a river because nobody in the media had Port as flag favourites?

I said to a Port mate at the time that Ken needed ro foxus on his playing group not who the media were tipping as premierahip favourites

Fast forward 3 weeks, Port lose another home final however this time a prelim

Port will always be vulnerable in finals with the likes of S Motlop who has a history of going missing in finals and with a midfield that cant hit targets

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They all thought winning the flag in their “150th” was destiny. You had Jimmy Barnes offering to sing free at the GF and Hitaf using her connections to get players families available to get to the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back