2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kochie on Dwayne's World adding a bit more detail to his earlier comments.

Will sit down with Ken this year.

When asked if it's going to be 1-2 years or more like 3 - 4 years said "It certainly won't be 1-2 years"

Loves the stability...

So do we.

Lol, huge mistake. They probably have to give him an extension but I would just do a year. In a year where everything went right for them they managed a Prelim. It won't matter though, worst case they will find a pay to pay him out.

Lol, huge mistake. They probably have to give him an extension but I would just do a year. In a year where everything went right for them they managed a Prelim. It won't matter though, worst case they will find a pay to pay him out.
I have no doubt Kern is great with players and relationships, but on football he’s a buffoon. Ports success is all Bassett and Schofield and even Voss has developed some tactical nous. Sounds as though Bass and Voss are goneski and I can see Port dropping off a pretty big cliff considering how fit they were and how little injuries they had.

The stance didn't win sh*t, a good football team did.

The stance was creative minds bullshit.

True.

I was just expanding on the abuse we copped when we lost the GF with the stance as a variable. All I was implying is that we smashed two teams with that stance and led another at QT.

The stance was made into this negative variable, where in all likelihood it had no effect on the result.

Are we still paying any of Jenkins wages next year, Surely he wont play another AFL game ever. If they offload him do we still pay?

Anyways, because I don’t have a workplace, any stories of salty Portz fans from your work? I think it’s imperative to keep the ridicule happening.

There’s a ton of payback to be given.

Yet another failure by Port. It’s a beautiful thing. Adds to the lengthy list of failures. But China...

I got "umpires" quite a bit yesterday.

I have no doubt Kern is great with players and relationships, but on football he’s a buffoon. Ports success is all Bassett and Schofield and even Voss has developed some tactical nous. Sounds as though Bass and Voss are goneski and I can see Port dropping off a pretty big cliff considering how fit they were and how little injuries they had.
Sounds like Bass is gone? Isn’t it the opposite and he’s staying?

Both Prelims have proven one thing.

Finals experience and having senior players with Finals success is important in these big games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

As long as they are fit and not washed up hacks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been discussed a bit of late .....there are many players who outside of playing and training, love to get away from the footy bubble, don't watch games or talking footy .....whilst other players lap everything to do with footy

So in assessing a players form this year, what impact did the hubs have on certain players .....I had heard that Adelaide were one of the clubs that didn't enjoy life in the hub, early season ..... I can imagine the country Crouch's would have been a couple of those players

We were pretty keen to get back to Adelaide and even fly in/out for games :think:

1603141807664.png

If reports of ESS offering Caldwell a 5 year contract after 11 games is correct ......the AFL industry is officially deranged

Anyone who tries to tell me the AFL is a professional industry will have a tough time convincing me .......just a bunch cowboy ex footballers driven by access to too much Monopoly Money

1603142354398.png

I feel the same. Ken is a great motivator and you can see just how well newbies respond. But you only have to see the continued failures of the older guys and you see that his message doesn't appear to carry through long term.

Next season, I don't think port will make the finals. This seasons motivation was clearly 150 years. Boaks performance this year was what got them as far as they did.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

How has that Port fan only copped a 2 year ban?? Why isn't it something significant like 10 years or life? We can't have fans at the game throwing stuff on players!
The other question that needs to asked is how is it that he was interviewed so close to the boundary to allow the ferals the ability to reach him with the drink?..

surely someone somewhere within the channel 7/AFL/Fox WH&S teams would be smart enough to have already pointed this out as being a risk... especially at Port games where the pear supporters are well renowned for the temper tantrums and throwing things at players on the field...

but then again.. it is the AFL we’re talking about here... too busy worrying about their junkets and feathering their own nests to bother thinking about player safety..

Either stop and interview a player a decent distance from the boundary fence or wait until they get into the bloody changerooms.. its not hard you morons..

The other question that needs to asked is how is it that he was interviewed so close to the boundary to allow the ferals the ability to reach him with the drink?..

surely someone somewhere within the channel 7/AFL/Fox WH&S teams would be smart enough to have already pointed this out as being a risk... especially at Port games where the pear supporters are well renowned for the temper tantrums and throwing things at players on the field...

but then again.. it is the AFL we’re talking about here... too busy worrying about their junkets and feathering their own nests to bother thinking about player safety..

Either stop and interview a player a decent distance from the boundary fence or wait until they get into the bloody changerooms.. its not hard you morons..
There was an interview at one of the breaks where there were right next to the player being interviewed, no where near the 1.5m they had been doing.

There was an interview at one of the breaks where there were right next to the player being interviewed, no where near the 1.5m they had been doing.
The whole organisation needs to buy a big ****in circus tent and resume all operations from underneath it..

You can turn it off now

It comes up on my iPad too. But it’s not offensive.

Watching richmond end the dreams of both port and dangerfield will be so sweet. They will be my favorite side outside of the crowies. 😂

Shouldn't hate Geelong too much since they have given us an eternal gift which shall remain long after Danger is gone.
They have immortalised 119.

If reports of ESS offering Caldwell a 5 year contract after 11 games is correct ......the AFL industry is officially deranged

Anyone who tries to tell me the AFL is a professional industry will have a tough time convincing me .......just a bunch cowboy ex footballers driven by access to too much Monopoly Money

View attachment 990001

Actually it's just smart business sense, assuming they've calculated the risk/reward correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back