2020 Pre-Season Supplemental Selection (PSS) & Mid-Season Rookie Drafts (MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it makes sense, we need ruck depth both at AFL level and VFL. Minch i suppose they tried to give every chance to and for what ever reason he didn't reach the heights they hoped. That could be body related or performance. Brooksby would be the best available ruck depth at the moment and if called upon i think he could play a role. About all you can ask for from a SSP player.
No doubt we probably need another ruckman. Just find it really strange that he wouldn't have already been training at the club considering we know we've needed another ruckman this whole preseason.

You'd think something in the preseason has happened for them to change from seriously looking at Minchington for an extended period to then turn their attention to a ruckman.

Best known for dating Abby Holmes.

Tbh probably not a terrible move, we have Reeves as a 3rd choice recognised ruckman and he’s still 4-5 years away, this bloke can at least compete.

Side note, actually saw a bit in reeves last week, agree he is still 2-3 years away at a minimum but he competed and tapped well and few marks around the ground. Good signs for his size! Worth working with!

Side note, actually saw a bit in reeves last week, agree he is still 2-3 years away at a minimum but he competed and tapped well and few marks around the ground. Good signs for his size! Worth working with!

Great to read this as so far he's just not been ready to play at a high level and frankly looked an odd choice. I look forward to seeing more of him this year at Box Hill.

We were obviously very keen on him to work out as we gave him a full pre-season, took him on both camps, played in all the games. Clarko spoke openly about us being keen on finding a spot on the list for him after the Moorabbin game.
If the decision was made prior to the Morwell match he wouldn't have played, so it's interesting that he comes on and plays all right and then is told he won't get the spot.

Be interesting to see who we pick up. Does Hardwick's injury open the door for Cassar?

Our treatment of Minch over the last few months and not offering him a spot is odd. The only thing that makes sense to me is that we have someone else in mind, or maybe Minch pulled up with an injury (which was not reported) and the club thought 'not again'. Hopefully there is another player who we have our eye on...

Our treatment of Minch over the last few months and not offering him a spot is odd. The only thing that makes sense to me is that we have someone else in mind, or maybe Minch pulled up with an injury (which was not reported) and the club thought 'not again'. Hopefully there is another player who we have our eye on...

Hope it’s wrong but hearing something about Keegan brooksby

From WCE website...Keegan had an impressive season since arriving at the Eagles, leading the ruck division at a consistently high level.
Also won the F & B for the Eagles in the WAFL comp
I saw a few games live and on TV...we could do worse!
Might be handy and sounds club driven so should slot in well at the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this on the pre-season training thread:
"In the BHH v Coburg practice match last Saturday Isaac Abbas injured his knee and it was heavily iced at 3/4 time. Hopefully it was only a knock, however
it did highlight there was no replacement ruckman. The BHH cannot enter the season expecting Ned Reeves to shoulder the ruck work so the injury to Isaac may well have highlighted the immediate need to add another ruckman to our list. I have no inside information however the injuries to Ben McEvoyand Isaac
could explain what was to some supporters the sudden/surprising decision to release Darren Minchington. I'm sure playing with an experienced ruckman like Keegan Brooksby will benefit Ned and assist with his development.

Brooksby may not be a high quality AFL standard ruckman but he will kill it at VFL level. Upgrade on Pitto IMO. If needed he'll be serviceable.

He takes the majority of the ruck load while Reeves (21) and Jeka (18) develop this year. And Brooksby would be next in line if McEvoy or Ceglar got injured.

They've probs built their 2020 plans around having him as 1st Ruck, then they lose him 2x weeks before the season starts - that's my guess.
You're a state league team. A player has just signed an AFL contract.

No need to be seething, there is jusy a better opportunity for the player. Cant get annoyed about it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Pre-Season Supplemental Selection (PSS) & Mid-Season Rookie Drafts (MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back