2020 Pre-Season Supplemental Selection (PSS) & Mid-Season Rookie Drafts (MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel sorry for the bloke. From the outside seemed to be ticking the right boxes in at last getting his body right and a R1 spot looked like it was his for the taking.

I'd like to know the club's reasoning whether they maybe thought the hammies were simply too big a risk or thought he just wasnt good enough. He didn't look out of his depth albeit not a world beater. It's not like we are overflowing with small forward options

Feel sorry for the bloke. From the outside seemed to be ticking the right boxes in at last getting his body right and a R1 spot looked like it was his for the taking.

I'd like to know the club's reasoning whether they maybe thought the hammies were simply too big a risk or thought he just wasnt good enough. He didn't look out of his depth albeit not a world beater. It's not like we are overflowing with small forward options

As someone else mentioned, maybe Burger's bag sealed his fate?

To be honest, i like the call on Michington. I think he had huge question marks over his repeat injuries. Looked a talent, but plagued by injuries. Poor bloke.

Who was the other guy we were looking at that went back to work?
I hear you but why not just cut him for good at the end of last season instead of letting him bust his arse trying to prove his fitness. Just seems odd timing

What is odd to me is that he played last week and did quite well by all accounts and still got the chop.

Would like to know what he needed to do in that game to get a gig on the list otherwise why play him last week?

Weird.

I hear you but why not just cut him for good at the end of last season instead of letting him bust his arse trying to prove his fitness. Just seems odd timing

I'm sure they gave him an honest chance. They wouldn't play games with him. Maybe his injury late last year, plus maybe not ticking all the boxes that Clarkson wanted. He appeared serviceable, without being amazing.

Good on him for pushing hard for the spot.

It’s perplexing to me that he finally showed us what we’ve been waiting to see and then we cut him. Makes you wonder what the club was looking for in the first place. Perhaps he had another injury setback.

It’s perplexing to me that he finally showed us what we’ve been waiting to see and then we cut him. Makes you wonder what the club was looking for in the first place. Perhaps he had another injury setback.

Maybe he had another injury. Or maybe he didn't do enough. Might have knocked on the door rather than smashing it in, to sealed his place. Kicked two goals in the second half of match in which Burgers snagged a lazy three.

I'm sure all will become clear.

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Pre-Season Supplemental Selection (PSS) & Mid-Season Rookie Drafts (MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back