Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldnt say that, macpherson is a mid compared to witherden who was never going to get any mid time and was never going to grow scoring wise with hodge still on board.

macpherson has a real chance of averaging 95+
Do you actually watch any footy? McPherson is certainly not a mid

He doesn't tag - that's rubbish. He generally follows Fyfe around during the Derby but it's definitely not a tag, they have Hutchings to tag - they let Yeo hunt the ball. Yeo had no preseason last year and scored 83, 74, 85, 114 and 86 in the first 5 games before averaging 113.75 (effectively 114) for the rest of the season once he got some match fitness.

That's already +6 if you take out the first 5 games assuming poor match fitness due to no preseason. He's had a great pre-season this time around.

No to mention he's extremely durable and will play for one of the Top 3 teams this season IMO (along with Richmond and GWS)

Wonderful description, Souup.

He's under-priced, and is a terrific POD with 5% ownership. A fit Nic Nat and new recruit Tim Kelly can only help his numbers.
Has been in my side for a long time now.

giphy.gif

He doesn't tag - that's rubbish. He generally follows Fyfe around during the Derby but it's definitely not a tag, they have Hutchings to tag - they let Yeo hunt the ball. Yeo had no preseason last year and scored 83, 74, 85, 114 and 86 in the first 5 games before averaging 113.75 (effectively 114) for the rest of the season once he got some match fitness.

That's already +6 if you take out the first 5 games assuming poor match fitness due to no preseason. He's had a great pre-season this time around.

No to mention he's extremely durable and will play for one of the Top 3 teams this season IMO (along with Richmond and GWS)
hey if that helps you sleep at night go for it, dont see him averaging 114....

Do you actually watch any footy? McPherson is certainly not a mid
mate did you watch the marsh series? nah didnt think so..... bloke rotated mid/fwd 110+ both games playing that position, might average more than your boy yeo for 140k cheaper ahahah

Well folks - Due to Stevens late out, I've ended up with this. Short season in mind.
Enough capacity to earn cash and points in the interim. Keen on Viney, I had Howe but dropped him for Young to get Greene to strengthen my forwardline.

Jackson for $$$ but also coverage. The kid is good.

Whatcha reckon?? ABout 50k left too.

1584527501594.png

Well folks - Due to Stevens late out, I've ended up with this. Short season in mind.
Enough capacity to earn cash and points in the interim. Keen on Viney, I had Howe but dropped him for Young to get Greene to strengthen my forwardline.

Jackson for $$$ but also coverage. The kid is good.

Whatcha reckon?? ABout 50k left too.

View attachment 842127
I'd be inserting Tom Green into mids. He's been told he's playing. Just my opinion. Otherwise looks dandy.
I;d also downgrade Young in backs
Is Jackson guaranteed a game ? How does he get a gig if Gawn stays fit ? Jackson could score 25's if used as a fwd on debut. Lets face it, new fresh rucks and tall fwds score shit early in career no matter how good they are. Where's the value in it when you could spend the 70K saved on actual points straight out of the blocks ?

Last edited:
mate did you watch the marsh series? nah didnt think so..... bloke rotated mid/fwd 110+ both games playing that position, might average more than your boy yeo for 140k cheaper ahahah
I did.

1 total centre bounce attendance between marsh 1 and 2 and didn't line up on the wing once.

'Midfielder'

The stat's don't lie

I'd be inserting Tom Green into mids. He's been told he's playing. Just my opinion. Otherwise looks dandy.
I;d aslso downgrade Young in backs and use the cash to switch Jackson out for guaranteed money with a Naismith at R3...or spend it on upgrades. Is Jackson guranteed a game ? How does he get a gig if Gawn stays fit ? Jackson could score 25's if used as a fwd on debut.
Cheers mate. I'm very keen on Viney and want to keep him, suppose I could switch Pickett to the bench and play Green but I wanted to keep 50k or so up my pocket as insurance. I think Jackson will surprise, I recon 70's from him as back up ruck come forward and 90's from Naismith.

I did.

1 total centre bounce attendance between marsh 1 and 2 and didn't line up on the wing once.

'Midfielder'

The stat's don't lie

Hate to do this to him, but he's not listening. Souup you're right. Stats don't lie.
1 x CBA
0 x Wing
0 x Kick-ins
1584528367709.png
But MacPherson did score well in the Marsh series. Let's see if he can translate that form into the real game before we deliver the killing blow!

Attachments

• 1584528315863.png
    1584528315863.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 32
Cheers mate. I'm very keen on Viney and want to keep him, suppose I could switch Pickett to the bench and play Green but I wanted to keep 50k or so up my pocket as insurance. I think Jackson will surprise, I recon 70's from him as back up ruck come forward and 90's from Naismith.
No problem with the Viney pick, like it. But Green is a contested beast and if I had to pick one rook in Mids to play it wouldn't be Pickett or Rowell, I'd go Green. Kid is a machine and reckon he'll have a SC friendly game. Rowell may disappoint and Pickett frustrate with low scores. Got to take them all though...if thy get named grab them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok gaiz, I didn't think there'd be a snowballs chance in hell Gill would legit be on the crack pipe and round 1 would actually be going ahead.

So I need yall to give me a rundown of the past 3 weeks.

Is Polson still a captain option, or should I play it safe and just stick with the VC on him tomorrow?

Last edited:
Ok gaiz, I didn't think there'd be a snowballs chain in helll Gill would legit be on the crack pipe and round 1 would actually be going ahead.

So I need yall to give me a rundown of the past 3 weeks.

Is Polson still a captain option, or should I play it safe and just stick with the VC on him tomorrow?

Whack the C on him, it's the only way to the 50K.

What time are the rest of the teams named for this bogus dumb f***ery twisted competition?

Gonna be tight. Game starts at like 4.35pm in WA and teams are normally at 3.30pm.

I'm not sure my chol is up for this.
Yeah around 3:30pm WA time.

I don't think Richmond + Carlton have much viable rookies bar Pickett anyway so waiting to Friday might not be the worst, but given that my structure is in significant flux.....

Ssssshhhhh campaigner

What time are the rest of the teams named for this bogus dumb f***ery twisted competition?

Gonna be tight. Game starts at like 4.35pm in WA and teams are normally at 3.30pm.

I'm not sure my chol is up for this.

Can imagine a scenario where if there's a game per day they don't announce the teams until that day. Hence why people shouldn't criticise the generosity of maintaining the 30 trade cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back