List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams for Aliir is a fair trade I agree, but may I suggest young Mitch Georgiades as an alternative, seeing as you missed out on Daniher.

Also Aliir + 3rd rounder for Butters or Houston might be tempting for us.

Ollie Wines straight swap?
God I hope this is satire, or ummmm yeah 🤣

SEN SANFL commentator Miles Pfitzner believes the Power have approached Sydney defender Aliir Aliir about filling that void.

“Apparently the Sydney Swans player Aliir Aliir has been offered a contract by Port Adelaide,” Pfitzner told SEN SA Drive.

“He’s still contracted at the Swans, but Port is very interested and has offered him a contract to join the Power in 2021.”

While he admitted he has no insight into their list management, Port Adelaide assistant coach Michael Voss said it may be an area they bolster in the trade period.

“(Aliir) probably would (bolster our backline). I can’t speculate about our level of interest in him, but I know there’s a lot being talked about our back six and what it should look like. I think our guys have stood tall all year,” Voss said.

The Port hierarchy must have read my earlier post regarding Aliir and this was after the Sydney game. I mentioned Aliir as a prospective trading target after that game.
After an average type of game in the first half as a defender he came out as a ruck in the second half and certainly matched it with Scotty, in fact being slightly in front of him. It was this versatility that impressed me. For some reason he was out of favour with the Sydney selectors for a small period at the mid season mark.
Perhaps I can understand a swap with Hayes although I would personally be against it - too much time and effort has gone into his development.
Besides Dusty he was an opposition player that sought of impressed me this year. Others being Dan Butler and Max King.

Surely we won’t trade ladhams.

He’s still developing and has major upside, needs a rocket and big Pre season.

The one thing about this year for Dixon is that it was anomaly, he’s one ankle away from being off the park again.

The one thing about this year for Dixon is that it was anomaly, he’s one ankle away from being off the park again.
Ladhams is going nowhere. Everyone knows it and is responding to a Sydney fan who suggested Ladhams for Aliir.

If we want Aliir we will have to pay a price but Ladhams won't be the price we pay, nor Will Hayes.

Wouldn't surprise me that if it is publicly known Port are putting a contract in front of a contracted player the clubs already have an agreed deal in principle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads, been inactive for quite some time but obviously hopping back on now seasons over in search of answers/hope/banter - can someone give me a quick update on all the trade news?

As far as I can see, the players we might be interested in this offseason are Fantasia and Aliir.

Anyone else on our radar? Are there any other players we should be chasing? And how big of a player can we be in the offseason considering our average draft picks and our need to get Jones/Schofield? Can we grab both those young boys AND a trade from another team?

If Fantasia and Aliir + kids from the draft are our recruits, How the hell are we still managing to stay above the cap floor with Ebert, Hoff, Watts, Sutcliffe, Buzza, Atley, Cox, Grundy and possibly Patmore and Frederick gone?

We should have enough space to announce a double signing of Bontempelli and Dustin Martin.

Trading Ladhams would be INSANE!

I like Alir Alir, but not for Ladhams or Hayes.

Yeah iwot.

Aliir isn't the tall defender we're looking for... he's not a good 1:1 defender.

Hold on, didn't you suggest he would replace Clury in our 22?

That's what I was responding to.

Yeah iwot.

Aliir isn't the tall defender we're looking for... he's not a good 1:1 defender.

At the end of the 2018 season, Aliir Aliir had the highest percentage won of one on one contests in the league and was also ranked equal-first for average intercept marks.

He was only 24 then, at 26 he is more experienced and stronger.

That screams Montgomery-approved defender.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/138527/oneonone-kings-who-rarely-loses-a-contest

No one in the top 50 players to defend a one-on-one contest had a lower loss rate than the Swan's 10.9 per cent.
Aliir remarkably lost only five of those 46 contests – and he wasn't just thumping the ball away, either.
He also ranked equal-first for average intercept marks (3.7) with Eagles premiership backman and All Australian Jeremy McGovern among those to make double-digit appearances.

If Fantasia and Aliir + kids from the draft are our recruits, How the hell are we still managing to stay above the cap floor with Ebert, Hoff, Watts, Sutcliffe, Buzza, Atley, Cox, Grundy and possibly Patmore and Frederick gone?

We should have enough space to announce a double signing of Bontempelli and Dustin Martin.

You’ll probably see some re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back