List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Never change cRowie.

tenor.gif

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/adelaide-crows-have-made-a-high-stakes-gamble-with-brad-crouch/

They know he's going and they won't get pick 2

This is just more spin to set up the Kick a Vic / AFL Conspiracy narrative and keep the masses on side

I don't want to trade Ladhams, but if we hold on to Hayes he won't even be the best ruckman at Port Adelaide in three years.
Make that decision next year after we actually (hopefully) see Hayes play some football. I’m a huge fan but he’s still an unknown who’s done an ACL. Unless the suns come offering one of the 2 SA lads it’s not even remotely worth considering, particularly for players who a 3rd rounder should get it done.

I don't want to trade Ladhams, but if we hold on to Hayes he won't even be the best ruckman at Port Adelaide in three years.
If we feel a ruckman is surplus and we can get good value in a trade, then time to hark back to the days we were ruthless and put Lycett on the block. For numerous reasons (fear of supporter backlash and over confidence we're 'so close' primarily) we of course won't, but that'd be a move that'd push my estimate of Costanza up, even if the Facebook mum's would crack the shits.

Nothing mind blowing in the comments to follow but I think any good trading strategy should draw on the halo effects of good or bad team performance.

For example, when a team is performing well it elevates the status of everyone playing regularly for that team. The opposite is true when teams are underperforming.

But that creates an opportunity to buy players from poor teams ‘low’, sell ‘high’ when your own team is performing well (especially if there are players you know are benefiting from the system/performance of other team members) and avoid trading for average players from other high performers whose own value is being inflated.
Ah, a chance to roll out my favourite rant that the downward spiral of Port, was not started by the 2007 GF, but that the 2004 trade/draft period was spent sipping the bathwater (mission accomplished!). With teams crying out for a KPF, we could have traded Thurstans for a massive premium then. Instead all the time wasted on trying to keep Carr and missing out on Port loving, Crow hating Thompson because of it.

Last edited:
If we feel a ruckman is surplus and we can get good value in a trade, then time to hark back to the days we were ruthless and put Lycett on the block. For numerous reasons (fear of supporter backlash and over confidence we're 'so close' primarily) we of course won't, but that'd be a move that'd push my estimate of Costanza up, even if the Facebook mum's would crack the shits.
Yes, we’ve been reluctant to trade fan favourites in the last few years.
Trading either young rucks this year is lunacy, it’s not being ruthless.

Caldwell is just what we need.

Also on AA, anyone think we are getting him to be a mobile second for Lycett and that may well spell Ladhams trade?
I wondered about this too.

I wouldn't like to lose Ladhams but, from a list management perspective, I can see how trading him out probably wouldn't be completely unthinkable. You have to give up quality to get quality but I reckon we'd want to be extremely confident about what we'd be getting in order to put him on the trade table. Surely wouldn't be part of the Aliir deal - you'd think it would have to be something bigger.

One last comment about Ladhams - like Dale Thomas, I think he plays his best football with blonde hair so I'd tell him to get that sorted during the offseason.

Yes, we’ve been reluctant to trade fan favourites in the last few years.
Trading either young rucks this year is lunacy, it’s not being ruthless.
One's with clear flaws or that we couldn't 'fix'. Lycett doesn't fall into those categories, so it'd be ruthless to trade him.

Caldwell is just what we need.

Also on AA, anyone think we are getting him to be a mobile second for Lycett and that may well spell Ladhams trade?

Pretty reasonable question. I don’t think we are trading Ladhams but we would have another option for ruck in the backline. Ladhams off the bench forward and midfield Aliir back. We pick up Aliir his prime focus should be defensive work not forward of centre.

Would not be trading Ladhams. Everyone keep saying Hayes is the 2nd coming, but the guy has not set foot on an AFL field. How many years of Lycett left? We should be aiming for out next ruck combo to be those 2, not getting rid of one who has shown quite a bit and is still young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez the Dogs love picking up spud medium marking forwards, don't they? It's like they had some mild success with Tory Dickson and then spent the next decade trying to recruit every player in the league who remotely resembles Tory Dickson.

Would not be trading Ladhams. Everyone keep saying Hayes is the 2nd coming, but the guy has not set foot on an AFL field. How many years of Lycett left? We should be aiming for out next ruck combo to be those 2, not getting rid of one who has shown quite a bit and is still young.
The club use to trot out “he hasn’t got the tank yet” when Hayes’s name was put forward in filling in for Pistol during those 3 weeks off. It always sounded a bit sus, so perhaps the Port hierarchy did not consider Hayes as any good?
Also stuff this pandemic for not having the Maggie’s side this season!

Reunite Scott and Sam:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back