List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had a choice between Brad Crouch and Viney who would you take?

Tough call. Goodwin is a crap coach Melbourne is a crap club. The idea of Viney hanging around Boaky and Rocky and having a bit of them rub off as well as just rotating though the middle in bursts Viney could go up a level.

Crouch will go up a level for the same reason.

I know... If you're not top 5 you're just useless. Don't know why all these clubs are circling so much. His zippyness is really all he has.

"Saad is rated an elite defender by Champion Data including ranking in the top 10 per cent of the AFL for disposals, intercepts and metres gained."
It's a saad day for the Bombres.

Crouch.

More speed and without looking it up I'd guess more meters gained.

Crouch is more of a burst from stoppage player, where Viney is more of a slam it on the boot.

I think we need the former more.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tough call. Goodwin is a crap coach Melbourne is a crap club. The idea of Viney hanging around Boaky and Rocky and having a bit of them rub off as well as just rotating though the middle in bursts Viney could go up a level.

Crouch will go up a level for the same reason.
I look at Viney and think he should be better than what he is. He's as hard as a cat's head but nobody can lead a mutinous rabble like that. Crouch is as hard as a cat's head too but I think we might have seen all he's got. Not sure myself who's better.

I don't think you can play brad crouch in the same midfield as Ollie, rocky and boaky. I know rocky and boaky are in their 30s but they can both play at a high level next season. I'm more interested in next year's free agents. There are guys like matt crouch, zach merrett and Josh Kelly who I think could all be gettable plus a couple of pie in thy sky ones like Bont and cripps

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think you can play brad crouch in the same midfield as Ollie, rocky and boaky. I know rocky and boaky are in their 30s but they can both play at a high level next season. I'm more interested in next year's free agents. There are guys like matt crouch, zach merrett and Josh Kelly who I think could all be gettable plus a couple of pie in thy sky ones like Bont and cripps

1601201346616.png

b crouch at his best has actually looked pretty good, his problem is he's injured at least half the time

viney looked great for his first couple of years then hit a major plateau and just become a bit of a one pace plodder

I'd prefer Crouch over Viney because he has a bit more burst speed from stoppages. He would give us a point of difference that Viney doesn't offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've secured 4 free agents since 2014 (White, Motlop, Lycett, Rockliff) . They are not the easiest to recruit, yet we have recruited the most of any club along with Collingwood.

Loving our current culture for recruiting and retaining players.

If Crouch or Viney is truly a viable option this year, the club has to ask the question and go for it. Who knows who will actually want to come to SA in the next few years... If Viney came, we could have 5 AFL captains playing in a game that'd have to be a record - Boak, Jonas, Wines, Rockliff, Viney

If we got both, and are really worried about fitting everybody in, we could trade Rockliff and/or Drew. Or ride out one more year of Rockliff's contract then cut him lose. We could also trade Viney or Crouch in 2-3 years time, if we felt they weren't cutting it. Either way, having the option of more good players is better than none.

Schulz could defend and was tough as hell, never compare that tall soft **** to that great man

Schultz was a leading forward who could also take a contested mark (who was a more than decent kick at goal). That was my point.

Also my point earlier was that when you have a guy in your team who has kicked more goals between 2017-19 than anyone else how well he plays defensively isn't quite so important. Don't forget that Schultz was traded to us because he didn't fit at Richmond. and wasn't the tough defensive unit there that he became here.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I have no doubt he will be staying in Victoria.

Why Brown is not a good fit for us:

-He doesnt fit our forward defensive mould. Dixon, Marshall, Ladhams, MG all bust their balls to apply defensive pressure with chasing and pressure acts for (tall) forwards. Brown leads but doesn't chase. We might aswell of kept Tobin Cox
-He relies on precision ball use as a lead up chest mark type of player. Which as a team we cannot provide on a regular basis given we bomb the ball high to Charlie more often than not
-Useless at ground level. the forementioned talls are equally effective at ground level which is why our current bombs inside 50 work out.
-He would take up a spot of a developing young forward in Bergman/Hayes/Williams/Burgoyne/Farrell/Woodcock with probably less development of scope
-We already tall as is would ruin the flow of our forward line. Westhoff already could not get a game. Might as well of kept Buzza

-Higher needs; a ready made KPD (unless Pasini goes nuts next year) and a inside and outside midfielder that fits our lacking age range

He has taken as many contested marks over his career as Charlie Dixon.
Because Farrell is setting the world on fire. Besides you are comparing apples with oranges for all those players.
Westhoff was not getting a game because he couldn't get the ball in our forward line, not because he was too tall.
Have you looked at the age range of our forward line??? Our two most potent forwards are 30+. Last year's leading goalkicker is 20.

trade wants
Perryman, Crouch, Tom McDonald (on the cheap) plus jones and the father sons and then draft the best key defensive players available. that would be an ideal outcome imo

He has taken as many contested marks over his career as Charlie Dixon.
Because Farrell is setting the world on fire. Besides you are comparing apples with oranges for all those players.
Westhoff was not getting a game because he couldn't get the ball in our forward line, not because he was too tall.
Have you looked at the age range of our forward line??? Our two most potent forwards are 30+. Last year's leading goalkicker is 20.
Can't recall Brown taking too many pack marks or even grappling with one defender. How do Champion Data define a 'contested mark'?
Best definition I can get "CONTESTED MARK - When a player takes a mark under physical pressure of an opponent or in a pack". Then what's physical pressure? A Pressure Act can be chasing an opponent from behind as long as you're within a few metres, if that applies to a mark, that could be Brown taking a mark on the lead? Who knows, but my eyes tell me Dixon takes way more genuine contested marks than Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back