List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide will have 2 picks in basically every round of the draft after they get the Crouch compo. I’m sure it wouldn’t be to hard to convince them to part with something we can use in this situation.
Keep in mind. If we say land 2 third rounders and a second for say Lonie - hypothetically speaking.

those 3 picks are the equivalent of....

then you go and see which clubs Need points.

if this is true. Don’t look at the deals in isolation.

Do people really not understand the benefits of the proposed trade situation with Adelaide.

It is not about assisting Adelaide to receive pick 2 that is a by product it is about us keeping pick 15 and then freeing some salary that can then be in turn used to maintain our younger players or put towards obtaining another target.

Our off field team in all areas of the club is as good as I can remember it and I have been a member for forty plus years. These people delivered in spades last trade period they are not idiots .

Webster and Dunstan played one game between them and would be on reasonable coin , coin that more than likely would spend most of next season running around at Sandy. They would probably be keen for for an opportunity elsewhere.

We have committed to Crouch, just like last year we do not need to win every deal it is about the combined result. If Adelaide chose to match I do not see us not brokering a deal as we get things done.

If we lost Dunstan, Webster and pick 15 and managed to bring in Crouch plus another gun it would be a huge win.

Our offer to Caldwell was significant and that money is still available plus we could add the savings from Dunstan and Webster to attract someone else.

Give Gags and the team some credit if they elected to do such a thing there would be a benefit, these guys are good operators not false dawns like Pelican.

Hill has a bad season but is a proven performer over many seasons.

Caldwell has played 11 games and not shown anything that indicates he is worth the salary he will receive.

Nothing alike at all
Well I was replying to the suggestion that McGrath and Ridley may have their noses out of joint about Caldwell then you could say the same thing for Steele & Coffields wages vs Hills. I don't think the players care too much to be honest.

Caldwell is definitely a gamble but looking ta their list I don't think their salary cap is going to be tight any time soon. If becomes the player people are talking about then 550k in 2016 is going to be a bargain… if he becomes Dom Tyson then it was a bust.

Funny how our fans were all in for Caldwell @ about 500k but now he's chosen essendon 550k is outlandish.

Hill's disappointing year was softened by our season overall. If we'd finished 10th there would be a lot more heat on that trade right now, which is looking pretty ordinary at this stage and we are still paying for it another draft later.

Well I was replying to the suggestion that McGrath and Ridley may have their noses out of joint about Caldwell then you could say the same thing for Steele & Coffields wages vs Hills. I don't think the players care too much to be honest.

Caldwell is definitely a gamble but looking ta their list I don't think their salary cap is going to be tight any time soon. If becomes the player people are talking about then 550k in 2016 is going to be a bargain… if he becomes Dom Tyson then it was a bust.

Funny how our fans were all in for Caldwell @ about 500k but now he's chosen essendon 550k is outlandish.

Hill's disappointing year was softened by our season overall. If we'd finished 10th there would be a lot more heat on that trade right now, which is looking pretty ordinary at this stage and we are still paying for it another draft later.
I would hate to have another player on a big salary, come in and have a poor season like Hill who should have passed his wages back this season.

Is McKenna an upgrade on Abbott? Clearly yes.

that’s the spot he is taking.

if there is truth in the Dunstan Webster news.

effectively we lose 750k in outgoing salary to crouch (Band 1 compo)
Dunstan
Webster
(1 senior game between both this year)

Incoming
Draft Pick/s
Brad Crouch
Free up easily $1m in salary from Webster and Dunstan who will be on decent to good AFL deals.
If we can free up a million dollars then I would like to see us use it on another player/s… not pay Crouch 30% more than he's worth just so that Adelaide get better compensation. If they want to match Crouchs contract go nuts…

I'd be surprised if Dunstan & Webster are on 500k each too… Luke was touch and go to get another contract last time.

Ohh the blood is boiling, None of our players should be involved in getting the Crouch trade done especially not my boy Dunstan. Even though with each player we bring in his position in the 22 gets less and less likely we need to remember what our depth looks like. A midfield injury without him in our team would basically leave Bytel and Brynes as our only cover, we hope to see improvements in those two next year but knowing our cover has 4 games experience is a concern and we don't what to put to much pressure on them to early.
ultimate.gif

If we can free up a million dollars then I would like to see us use it on another player/s… not pay Crouch 30% more than he's worth just so that Adelaide get better compensation. If they want to match Crouchs contract go nuts…

I'd be surprised if Dunstan & Webster are on 500k each too… Luke was touch and go to get another contract last time.
Mate.... this is the point you and others are missing.

there isn’t much currency to just go get another player.

this “proposed” idea that we don’t even know is true...

frees up more cap space for us and gives us liquid draft and trade currency.

if you said to me the minute the siren went against Richmond that we would have Brad crouch and 2 picks in the top 25 coming onto our list. I’d be thrilled. I think under this proposal, that’s the minimum of what’s doable.

I don't understand why we would entertain this… we give up two decent AFL standard players and overpay Crouch by about 200K per year so that Adelaide get the pick they're after?

How about get f’ed.

If the crows weren't a complete basket case and had finished mid table, no one would blink at band 2 compo… but because they're a complete train wreck they want us to come to the table… for a free agent.

I hope we make it clear that either we take him as a free agent and they can get whatever band is appropriate or they can match it and keep him.

It sounds like we are keen to off load guys like Savage, Dunny, Robbo and Webster because they are on big contracts from when they were best 22. Ww might pay an extra 200,000 but free up 900,000.

We effectively trade 2 depth players for crouch. Get a gun mid, free up some salary cap space for a crack at another gun. Keep our first round pick to use as well.

Crows get pick 2 (ludicrous but whatever) and two players who may prove useful.

Dunstan and Webster get a chance at a new club.

Looks like wins all round to me.

We effectively trade 2 depth players for crouch. Get a gun mid, free up some salary cap space for a crack at another gun. Keep our first round pick to use as well.

Crows get pick 2 (ludicrous but whatever) and two players who may prove useful.

Dunstan and Webster get a chance at a new club.

Looks like wins all round to me.
We overpay for Crouch and get nothing for two AFL quality players.

Cant see how we are winning here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you said to me the minute the siren went against Richmond that we would have Brad crouch and 2 picks in the top 25 coming onto our list. I’d be thrilled. I think under this proposal, that’s the minimum of what’s doable.
Look if we're getting picks inside 25 for these guys I'm all in… the article suggested a bag of poo in return like 5th rounders.

Do people really not understand the benefits of the proposed trade situation with Adelaide.

It is not about assisting Adelaide to receive pick 2 that is a by product it is about us keeping pick 15 and then freeing some salary that can then be in turn used to maintain our younger players or put towards obtaining another target.

Our off field team in all areas of the club is as good as I can remember it and I have been a member for forty plus years. These people delivered in spades last trade period they are not idiots .

Webster and Dunstan played one game between them and would be on reasonable coin , coin that more than likely would spend most of next season running around at Sandy. They would probably be keen for for an opportunity elsewhere.

We have committed to Crouch, just like last year we do not need to win every deal it is about the combined result. If Adelaide chose to match I do not see us not brokering a deal as we get things done.

If we lost Dunstan, Webster and pick 15 and managed to bring in Crouch plus another gun it would be a huge win.

Our offer to Caldwell was significant and that money is still available plus we could add the savings from Dunstan and Webster to attract someone else.

Give Gags and the team some credit if they elected to do such a thing there would be a benefit, these guys are good operators not false dawns like Pelican.

Can not believe people don't understand the logic of this. Bewildering, even for Bigfooty.

Look if we're getting picks inside 25 for these guys I'm all in… the article suggested a bag of poo in return like 5th rounders.
As I clearly said in another post. Don’t look at these deals in isolation.

if we got 2 third rounders and we got a late second for Lonie and whatever scrap we get for savage... hypothetically you move them up for a club needing points.

I’m spitballing a scenario based on this rumour. But it’s very plausible.

We overpay for Crouch and get nothing for two AFL quality players.

Cant see how we are winning here.

AFL quality i suppose. Webster is clearly not in our plans. Dunstan would be depth next year (good depth I'll admit).

Plus best case scenario bytel and Byrnes step up to be that useful depth next year.

It's not as if we're wasting 750k on crouch. We're adding 150k to save a first round pick.

Which could be used to lure another best 22 player.

AFL quality i suppose. Webster is clearly not in our plans. Dunstan would be depth next year (good depth I'll admit).

Plus best case scenario bytel and Byrnes step up to be that useful depth next year.

It's not as if we're wasting 750k on crouch. We're adding 150k to save a first round pick.

We also save a minimum of 250k in our cap subtracting the difference of crouch and Webster/Dunstan.

if Jesse Hogan was a salary dump. I would consider using our cap on him

Can not believe people don't understand the logic of this. Bewildering, even for Bigfooty.
People don’t like the pay $700k a season for somebody not worth it and what that will do to salary expectations of other players and ultimately put more pressure on the cap than is saved.

Webster is still a good player when fit. If Clark moves into the midfield full time next year, he'd be the best option to take his spot in the backline.If we are to trade him and Dunstan, we should be getting their actual worth back. Not crappy late token picks that will get us nothing, which is what the article suggested we would be getting in return.

What we should be doing is paying Crouch what he is actually worth rather than inflating his contract for a pick that the AFL is never going to give Adelaide anyway. Then trade Dunstan and Webster for their actual worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back