List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't believe anyone would want to go to essendon.
People said the same about us a few years ago and This, more than all their other insults, used to get under my skin.

Why? Why are we so inferior?

Things change. Hopefully for me, Essendon stay a rabble for the next 50 years, but they really just need to get good people in at the top and they're back in business.

Last edited:
Ignore: the purple prick is back to his favourite activity, setting Saints fans up to be disappointed. I reckon he must have an older brother who supports St Kilda and who mercilessly bullied him when they were little.

he's close enough. He's not elite but he'd be close to A.
Not good enough 😬😬😬

9IyYgzq.gif

Straight swap Dunkley for Merrett? I think that would be about even and would benefit both sides and both players

Dunkley is a much better player than Merrett. Dunkley gets in and under to get the ball moving. He is the one who starts the chain of play. Is also a great mark with vice like hands.

Dunkley is also tough, courageous, unobtrusive and smart. Always thinking a step ahead. And his handball is an attacking weapon despite his average kicking.

Bulldogs get reamed in any swap of Merrett and Dunkley.

Dunkley is a much better player than Merrett. Dunkley gets in and under to get the ball moving. He is the one who starts the chain of play. Is also a great mark with vice like hands.

Dunkley is also tough, courageous, unobtrusive and smart. Always thinking a step ahead. And his handball is an attacking weapon despite his average kicking.

Bulldogs get reamed in any swap of Merrett and Dunkley.
Merrett has just resigned with Essendon

can’t blame Caldwell for accepting the Bonbers deal. It’ll set him up for life, he’d have been silly not to.
I am pretty glad the Saints didn’t keep raising their offers just so they could land their fish. Shows guts to let him get away.

Would have been nice to get him, but he’s not worth that kind of money.

I’m not as in love with Crouch as many - his stats are comparable to Steele’s.
I suppose it does free Steele up to be more devastating with inside 50’s, still, I’ll sit on the side of ‘prove me wrong’ until he does... which will probably be round 2 🥴
Anyway, have complete faith in the hierarchy identifying and bringing in talent so will defer to their superior knowledge

You are not in love with Crouch as his stat's are comparable to Steele's. Is that Jack Steele our All Australian, best and fairest winner, who came third in this years Brownlow Medal? I may not be looking hard enough, but don't see how that could be a problem.

If Hunter Clark can take another step in the middle next year, all of a sudden Zak Jones goes from our 2nd best mid to our 4th.

That would be the midfield depth we've been screaming out for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually like the concept .. make sure we don’t have to trade 15.. we can front end crouch so his salary isn’t holding us back in 2-3 years time

But I would’ve thought if we are ensuring they get pick 2, then even know they’re taking on salaries their pick 30 should be the minimum

They’ll have 3 inside 20 give us 30 you don’t need it

Caldwell four years at Essendon on around $450,000, averaged out. Was offered more elsewhere I’m told ... Stevo

@7AFL

@7NewsMelbourne

he is told. Haha by whom Essendon. Sounds like typical Dodo BS, trying to save face after his 550 x 5 was confirmed.

The way most rational people would look at

I think rational people will understand that we are paying extra to retain our first pick. Would you rather pay $500k and lose that pick?

Also, if it raises salary expectations of our other players then good. They just have to win a B&F and get 14 Brownlow votes like Crouch did last year and then they will get paid too.

Its not like we are giving $600k pa and a 1st rounder to a NEAFL player (cough... Caldwell...cough)
Fair enough! Isn’t it $200k a season though? Or is it just one year?

All journos reporting $500k+ except for this turd who probably got paid to tweet this. McClure is one who generally is spot on and he reckons it's $550k over 5y. Delusioned dopers as if Caldwell was a priority with umpteen small-midsized mids. Keep going with the scatter gun approach.
he is told. Haha by whom Essendon. Sounds like typical Dodo BS, trying to save face after his 550 x 5 was confirmed.

I do look at this Adelaide #2 FA compensation pick issue with interest.
Apart from the fact that this is draft manipulation manifest large in the media, and consequently now really really difficult to hide, I find it difficult to grasp how they convince us to participate.
Threatening to match our bid really doesn’t work.
They don’t want the player, they want #2.
They also run the risk of frightening the horses and thus losing the ONLY chance of getting that #2.
Then the question becomes one of incentive.
What carrots can they offer?
They want something worth 2,500 points.
The rough equivalent of #20 + #21 + #22.
Steak knives will not get this done.
Doing some dodgy deal with contract $’s won’t either.

If I was Gags, I’d be saying that we will up the $’s to Crouch on the proviso you find a way to make this $ neutral for us, and we get #20 this year and your second next year.
Plus it must be AFL approved.
Get to it Roo.

You are not in love with Crouch as his stat's are comparable to Steele's. Is that Jack Steele our All Australian, best and fairest winner, who came third in this years Brownlow Medal? I may not be looking hard enough, but don't see how that could be a problem.
no, he seems to be a like for like role player as Jack. As I prefaced in an earlier post I didn’t take much notice of him playing at the crows so based off his stats he seemed to be the same player as Steele. I have since been corrected of this misconception.

If the name is Treloar then the concern is some of these trades are not really looking after the future. That would be one that would be really divisive here. At least Crouch (shouldn’t) hurt our draft pick position.
I think we are several players from top 4 and flag threat. An inside bull who can get the pill 25-30 times and a slick midfielder. Get these two ready made footballers and let our next line of stars develop properly instead of being blooded too early and get beaten up.
Oh hang on, Crouch is the bull and maybe Treloar is the other. Then Bytel, Byrne's etc can develop and Gresh, Steele etc don't get beaten up like Cripps at Carlton.
We too often want these kids to be stars too early yet the best sides develop their kids.
I trust what the club is doing, especially after last 2 years and if Crouch and Treloar are coming, bring it on.

Crouch is free. The pick 19 compo to the Crows is free.

So working out values and the points difference is:

Saints lose salary cap upgrading Crouch's contract $150k-$200k pa = who knows the points value of this? Maybe considering a draftee wage between $75k-$100k, it could be thought of as two average/mid range draftees (picks), i.e. 2x 483 points (966)

Upgrading pick 19 to pick 2 = 1569 points

Crows get Webster (maybe valued at early 4th) = 207 points

Crows get Dunstan (maybe mid 3rd) = 331 points

All up that's 3073 points... that's more than the value of pick 1! (3000 ponts)
I can't see how it makes any logical sense.

The Crows should just take the free compo and be thankful they finished last otherwise it would be a worse pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back