Play Nice 2021 Crowds and Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
I thought it looked like more than that,most of them would of been Essendon fans.
Covid has impacted crowds in so many ways other than just the ticketing / not being able to use own seats stuff.

- No interstate supporters travelling to Melbourne (Crows in this case)
- Not many working in the city so Friday night drink, then footy diminished
- Late scheduling notice really impacts corporate hospitality and coterie attendance
- Lack of confidence in using public transport

This was a bottom 8 contest that in normal circumstances would draw ~35,000. That’s a covid impact of around 30%.

Covid has impacted crowds in so many ways other than just the ticketing / not being able to use own seats stuff.

- No interstate supporters travelling to Melbourne (Crows in this case)
- Not many working in the city so Friday night drink, then footy diminished
- Late scheduling notice really impacts corporate hospitality and coterie attendance
- Lack of confidence in using public transport

This was a bottom 8 contest that in normal circumstances would draw ~35,000. That’s a covid impact of around 30%.
Yes I understand all this,I wasn't complaining about the size of the crowd.

Yes I understand all this,I wasn't complaining about the size of the crowd.
I didn’t say you did. It’s interesting to not how crowds have been impacted overall. I think this years sort of cooked in a crowd sense. Hopefully 2022 is a reset and people get back to the footy early in the season and we don’t run into issues again.

I didn’t say you did. It’s interesting to not how crowds have been impacted overall. I think this years sort of cooked in a crowd sense. Hopefully 2022 is a reset and people get back to the footy early in the season and we don’t run into issues again.
Oh I'm sorry,I also hope things can back to normal next season but think Covid will be with us for many years to come and it will become the new norm.

Hopefully a few thousand locals show up to see some AFL footy.
I can still recall North's last ever game at Arden St, the attendance was generously put at a round 4,000.
They don't very often turn up in numbers for Bulldogs matches.
Spending millions on the desolate Northern Oval Ballarat was a massive mistake by the AFL if they wanted a country venue it should have been at Bendigo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually surprised we were gonna get that. Not too bad.
Was full of Hawks supporters, Launceston really took to the Hawks a lot more than Hobart has ever taken to the Roos. My mate in Hobart has said he still doesn't see that many roos supporters in Hobart compared to a lot of other teams but it has always struggled for support no matter where it's played home games.

Was full of Hawks supporters, Launceston really took to the Hawks a lot more than Hobart has ever taken to the Roos. My mate in Hobart has said he still doesn't see that many roos supporters in Hobart compared to a lot of other teams but it has always struggled for support no matter where it's played home games.

To be fair Hawthorn has been in Launceston 12 years longer than North, won 4 flags and had a much larger existing base (Hudson, Eade, Pritchard, Robertson and Birchall)

Wouldn’t it be an abject failure if they didn’t have a larger base?

Nonetheless it’s strange that Hawthorn v Freo / Adelaide only had 5,000 less than Hawthorn v Essendon - a game where Essendon dwarfed Hawthorn

To be fair Hawthorn has been in Launceston 12 years longer than North, won 4 flags and had a much larger existing base (Hudson, Eade, Pritchard, Robertson and Birchall)

Wouldn’t it be an abject failure if they didn’t have a larger base?

Nonetheless it’s strange that Hawthorn v Freo / Adelaide only had 5,000 less than Hawthorn v Essendon - a game where Essendon dwarfed Hawthorn

I suspect that's probably because yesterday's game has been fixtured at Launceston for a while and would have been part of all the membership packs, whereas the Essendon game was not. I assume Tassie members wouldn't have had entry into that game as part of their membership?

I'm surprised It took a pandemic to get GWS to play in Ballarat yet North has played GWS five or six times in Hobart against North. Hopefully Hobart doesn't get GWS too much more in future years because it is responsible for Hobart's smallest crowds.I think tasmania deserves a little bit better roster considering the millions the Tasmanian government pay for the Hobart games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back