Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Wow, knowing how much Burto has tickets on himself he'd be shitty not making a top 2 list as easy as that at Port..... :winkv1:

I find the whole Ryan Burton pot shots a bit mystifying and puzzling to be frank. Once he left did he all of a sudden become a dickhead?? Remembering also that he didn't want to leave and was pushed out the door to accommodate the ridiculous Wingard trade. If some one could enlighten me further with some facts and not half baked rumours that would be great

I find the whole Ryan Burton pot shots a bit mystifying and puzzling to be frank. Once he left did he all of a sudden become a dickhead?? Remembering also that he didn't want to leave and was pushed out the door to accommodate the ridiculous Wingard trade. If some one could enlighten me further with some facts and not half baked rumours that would be great
Might be onto something there that will answer your own question

Was stated by a few of the ITK posters at the time that Burton was his own biggest fan and had a bit of the FIGJAM about him.

Am not sure how much of the below is 100% true but from what i have read, seen or heard:

1) He was always a big fan of his own work and was not universally liked because of it at the club. Didn't always follow the direction or team rules communicated by the senior players during the game.

2) People may remember a post match song in the rooms where he told one of the staff to go away at around the time the song was about to be sung and from memory Hodge told him in no uncertain ways that this was not Hawthorn behaviour and the whole thing was caught on camera.

3) We were not shopping him around for the Wingard trade but Port was keen and reached out to him to unsettle him, stating we were.

Burton once said when he got the number 5 and i quote "im already the best wearer of this number in the clubs history"

Fact

Weren’t you saying you’d take a second round pick for Wingard?

I'd point you towards a certain video 'day in the life' he did with Morrison it was I believe.......

You only need to watch/listen for a couple minutes to get full value of who Ryan Burton was at that time. I believe I later read comments Morrison made that took what was said on the video even further. I was pretty turned off but I will allow that I'm a little more evolved/metrosexual with multiple degrees who believes that using girls as playthings is not uber cool.
Burto had zero shame as the two described times outside the club, was pretty proud of himself.

That, backed with multiple stories at the time that he was not overly popular with the playing group (which is extremely diverse) because he had so called tickets on himself veeeerrrry early in his time with us, pretty much painted the picture for me.

I did however make the post in some jest/mocking nature, thought it would be read as such. Sorry if you have a Ryan thing that I've provoked.

It wasn't all of a sudden - the most appropriate thing to do to gain insight as a fellow poster has said, would be to watch the day in a life video with Morrison.

Have a friend who had the deep misfortune to have dealt with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morrison comes off as a much better bloke than Burton in this one doesn't he

I haven't rewatched it, but my memory of it was that Morrison didn't look thrilled to be hanging out with Ryan in the first place and that he kinda enjoyed taking pokes at Burton.....I don't think he believed Ryan was too bright.

Am not sure how much of the below is 100% true but from what i have read, seen or heard:

1) He was always a big fan of his own work and was not universally liked because of it at the club. Didn't always follow the direction or team rules communicated by the senior players during the game.

2) People may remember a post match song in the rooms where he told one of the staff to go away at around the time the song was about to be sung and from memory Hodge told him in no uncertain ways that this was not Hawthorn behaviour and the whole thing was caught on camera.

3) We were not shopping him around for the Wingard trade but Port was keen and reached out to him to unsettle him, stating we were.

ok fair enough - wasn't aware of any of this. I did say that I would take a second rounder for Chad - probably still would - an early one. My main concern with Chad is his soft tissue injuries. As you get older they don't get any better and he misses several games each season because of his dodgy calves etc. In the last three seasons with us he has played 14, 17 and 16 games respectively. What if he becomes the next Hannebury, absolute star until his body broke down with ongoing soft tissue injuries? Hannebury is now finished as AFL player at age 30 and was cooked 3 years ago.

So yeh if someone offered a pick 21 for Chad I would probably still do that

ok fair enough - wasn't aware of any of this. I did say that I would take a second rounder for Chad - probably still would - an early one. My main concern with Chad is his soft tissue injuries. As you get older they don't get any better and he misses several games each season because of his dodgy calves etc. In the last three seasons with us he has played 14, 17 and 16 games respectively. What if he becomes the next Hannebury, absolute star until his body broke down with ongoing soft tissue injuries? Hannebury is now finished as AFL player at age 30 and was cooked 3 years ago.

alternatively Chad uses his football smarts to become the next Burgoyne which is far more likely than him becoming the next Hannebury. I don;t get the dislike of Chad I really don't

I'll take 15 games of Chad in a side that is making some noise every day and twice Saturday arvo 2:20pm.
If you make sure he's fit coming in to finals, he's one of the only players on our list who could win you one just by himself with a half dozen pieces of magic or against the tide winning the ball.
If you think you'll find better with the 20th pick you'd have to be rubbing crystal balls.

33 seconds in

I used to work with TB - true story - I went to him with a rumour i read on big footy to find out if it was true and that night it was on the news with the intro being "sources tell me that....

TB is full of BS

The part about Howe staying is 33 seconds in.

The last 15 seconds of that clip are the most important.

Clubs can’t be doing much movement when there’s still negotiation of cap happening.

I'll take 15 games of Chad in a side that is making some noise every day and twice Saturday arvo 2:20pm.
If you make sure he's fit coming in to finals, he's one of the only players on our list who could win you one just by himself with a half dozen pieces of magic or against the tide winning the ball.
If you think you'll find better with the 20th pick you'd have to be rubbing crystal balls.
Finals chad will be the moment we realise how important he is. As long as sicily and Gunston can get on the park consistently I reckon we make the 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back