Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Tbh I can see this partially happening.
I can see us getting pick two from GWS- potentially having to cough up a second, future second and take on Cog's contract (though probably wouldn't have to extend the time for it beyond what it currently is length wise)
Pick three would probably require us sending a senior player and then some to GC and taking a list filler in return.

My twist on your second bit though:

We go to the draft with 2,3 & 5.
Norf take Callaghan (an idea that has been floated quite a few times).
Adelaide come to us with their tail between their legs. We demand 4 + future first, + something extra.
They cave.
We get picks 3,4 & 5 in this years draft (EAD Dodo, we do it better), and take two first rounders (both probably in the 8-13 range) into next year.

haha love the Adelaide part. Would have to be very enticing to give up Horne though.. definitely their pick 4 and future first. Set us up for next year too plus recover picks from what the suns would want for 3.
I believe a suns deal could be
; taking an overpaid player/players with us offering a player and future picks ?
what a heist ! Someone message Sam 😂

Gunner to Pies for Lynch and 22? Is that the trade that people are putting up?

I don't know how to feel about that.

Big picture.
We score a potential 2nd ruck for the next decade.
Picks 21, 22 and 24 could score us 3 excellent future players, or be used to rise up the draft order, or be used to move high into next year's draft.

Perfect opportunity for a rebuilding side.

Tbh I can see this partially happening.
I can see us getting pick two from GWS- potentially having to cough up a second, future second and take on Cog's contract (though probably wouldn't have to extend the time for it beyond what it currently is length wise)
Pick three would probably require us sending a senior player and then some to GC and taking a list filler in return.

My twist on your second bit though:

We go to the draft with 2,3 & 5.
Norf take Callaghan (an idea that has been floated quite a few times).
Adelaide come to us with their tail between their legs. We demand 4 + future first, + something extra.
They cave.
We get picks 3,4 & 5 in this years draft (EAD Dodo, we do it better), and take two first rounders (both probably in the 8-13 range) into next year.
GWS would not be giving up pick 2 and Coniglio for a future second. Regardless of cap pressure.

If by some fluke pick two lands with us, we take Horne-Francis if North don’t take him. Potential generational talent.

GWS would not be giving up pick 2 and Coniglio for a future second. Regardless of cap pressure.

If by some fluke pick two lands with us, we take Horne-Francis if North don’t take him. Potential generational talent.
Would be Callaghan. Which is still bloody good.

Gunner to Pies for Lynch and 22? Is that the trade that people are putting up?

I don't know how to feel about that.
When you don't know how to feel about a trade it usually means it is a fair deal (neither a win nor a loss). I'd like more for Gunston. But I do think that is fair. I'd hope to push our picks lower though through more trades.

Big picture.
We score a potential 2nd ruck for the next decade.
Picks 21, 22 and 24 could score us 3 excellent future players, or be used to rise up the draft order, or be used to move high into next year's draft.

Perfect opportunity for a rebuilding side.
Yeah if it has any truth I would love to use it as an opportunity to move up either this year or next instead of using al 4 top 25 picks.

I suggest most of our thoughts collectively turn to the top 5 picks. I believe it’s possible to please the clubs ahead of us, replicate our best draft and launch the club !!

Without a doubt S. Mitchell will want a fresh start. He has sat back like the rest of the club and watched over the past 4-5 years what we have done with our list, and it hasn’t worked. We have stagnated. Our A Graders we thought would get the job done who we have invested in to lead us back to the top- O’meara, Mitchell Sicily Gunston Wingard have either been injured or under performed.

Our game style has been poor to watch and I reckon would be terribly dour to play in week in week out.

Change to the playing list is coming. If you want the big coin then you either need to lead and perform consistently to a high level and help the team win games or you will be moved on while we try and find the right mix for our next period of success.

Mitchell has lived through a ruthless time when Clarko took over and chopped Holland, Rawlings, Hay, Thommo, Harford, Spider etc and he will know what is needed.
I really think clubs don’t have the cap space or want to part with the picks this year, it is a snoozefest

Yeah if it has any truth I would love to use it as an opportunity to move up either this year or next instead of using al 4 top 25 picks.
Everyone seems so worked up about one or two top 5 picks. I would much prefer 4 top 25 or even split first pick if pretty even draft.
I think history has shown even spread of good players better than few great players that can possibly hold the club to ransom, even
stay, too heavy reliance on few is not good, injury etc.

Even if half of these become very good players we have done well- Z Taylor, Bazzo, Van Rooyen, Knevitt, Howes, Chesser. Some may
even last till pick 35.

I really think clubs don’t have the cap space or want to part with the picks this year, it is a snoozefest
They don't have the cap space, and the AFL are still finalising the cap, so they're waiting on that to, no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please tell me why Collingwood who are down with us would be giving up anything for Jack Gunston?

Two reasons don’t make sense!

He is age 30 and doesn’t fit their needs.
He is on 650k per year.

Those two reasons alone would suggest Gunston is not going to Collingwood.

If Gunston goes anywhere it would be to Essendon is my feel . They are moving up the ladder quickly with a bunch of youngsters, and if his body is sound he could make a huge difference to them for the next 2-3 years as a lead up forward. He would be very dangerous with the likes of Merrett and Parish getting it into him quickly.

Everyone seems so worked up about one or two top 5 picks. I would much prefer 4 top 25 or even split first pick if pretty even draft.
I think history has shown even spread of good players better than few great players that can possibly hold the club to ransom, even
stay, too heavy reliance on few is not good, injury etc.

Even if half of these become very good players we have done well- Z Taylor, Bazzo, Van Rooyen, Knevitt, Howes, Chesser. Some may
even last till pick 35.

I disagree with you. If we were in a worse position yeah sure even out picks. But we are in such a good spot to add elite talent to our list NOW and capitalise in just one draft !! Build off the back of this year for a decade.

Can someone please tell me why Collingwood who are down with us would be giving up anything for Jack Gunston?

He is on 650k per year.

If Gunston goes anywhere it would be to Essendon is my feel . They are moving up the ladder quickly with a bunch of youngsters, and if his body is sound he could make a huge difference to them for the next 2-3 years as a lead up forward. He would be very dangerous with the likes of Merrett and Parish getting it into him quickly.
Dont discount Gunston to Brisbane

He is on 650k per year.

Or Lions as they are missing Hipwood

He is on 650k per year.

Family history at the bombers and dirty sniper Lloyd claimed inside knowledge that’s he was looking at options.

If Gunston leaves (which I highly doubt) it will be to a club vying for a Premiership

If Mitchell leaves (which I highly doubt) it will be to a club vying for a Premiership

If Hanrahan leaves (which I hope) it will be to Geelong

Can’t vouch for how good it is - but this Hawks Twitter account is running a nightly trade week recap and having guests to chat about things. Not sure if he’s there nightly but Ash Browne is there tonight.

Can’t vouch for how good it is - but this Hawks Twitter account is running a nightly trade week recap and having guests to chat about things. Not sure if he’s there nightly but Ash Browne is there tonight.

He is there nightly -- it's Hawks fans chatting about the trade period in terms of the Hawks. You even missed me asking a question tonight!

Rebuild wise I could cop Gunston out and one of either Mitchell/ JOM ( prefer Mitchell and think we get better trade value)

We lose a foward and a mid . Forward has played 1 game in a season and is 30, so we
started life without him anyway.
Mid would be a loss and a big one for 12 months . Got to give to get .

We get 5 picks in the top 25 or there abouts

Thats a seriously decent launch pad with a recruiting team who have nailed the last few drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back