List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If JOM does come, would that be > having George - i know they’re different players though

I would personally very very interested in taking him on, he would certainly add another dimension to our midfield.

That being said I can find no chit chat on Twitter or any news websites about this. I highly doubt it's happening.

Not read, but I trust the source that told me. Whether it eventuates or not I don’t know

No offence, but I'm not going to read into this until I hear from the general media.

If the Swans were interested it would leak out immediately.

No offence, but I'm not going to read into this until I hear from the general media.

If the Swans were interested it would leak out immediately.

Swans are pretty good at playing our cards close to our chests so it would not surprise me if we had targets or ideas that were not widely known. I still don't want one of those targets to be O'Meara though.

I thought I read something on Swans website this week that they are almost there. Sounded like a formality. Not sure if this was from Gardner or someone else…
Could be two contracts in front of Wicks. He's probably agreed in principle to stay at the club but there's likely to be more money on offer should we be unable to keep Dawson or acquire Ladhams during the trade period. Same reason why Reid hasn't got an offer on the table as the club is waiting to see how much money is left in the kitty.

Last edited:
Few players to watch in wa v sa game:

WA:
Bazzo - KPD (late first/second)
Warner - Winger (second to fourth)
Sheldrick - inside mid (late second/third)

SA
O'Loughlin - HBF (third/late)
NWM - wing/hff (mid first/second)
Roberts - inside mid (early-mid first
Lemmey - KPF (2022 first)
D'Aloia - mid (2022 early first)

Range as it stands right now

Absolutely pointless getting JOM when we just gave away Hewett. Can't see that happening, and hope it doesn't. Hawks would want to be paying half his salary, and even then it's' probably a net-neutral move, so I don't see the point. Shame Hawks don't have a gun KPD we need.

I'd rather have Mason Cox for free than pay more than a mid/late 30s pick for Ladhams. Cox can be solid as a tap ruckman, can take a mark too. He'd do for ruck cover for a couple of years on low money, or we can just get Conway in the draft. Better for team culture I think to bring in the higly rated prospect and cousin of a hard working young Swan in Conway, than one getting kicked out of Port for reportedly not being hard working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely pointless getting JOM when we just gave away Hewett. Can't see that happening, and hope it doesn't. Hawks would want to be paying half his salary, and even then it's' probably a net-neutral move, so I don't see the point. Shame Hawks don't have a gun KPD we need.

I'd rather have Mason Cox for free than pay more than a mid/late 30s pick for Ladhams. Cox can be solid as a tap ruckman, can take a mark too. He'd do for ruck cover for a couple of years on low money, or we can just get Conway in the draft. Better for team culture I think to bring in the higly rated prospect and cousin of a hard working young Swan in Conway, than one getting kicked out of Port for reportedly not being hard working.
Cant see OMeara becoming a Swan. Harley said 'that the Swans feel they've got good midfield depth, with Heeney to play more midfield and Warner, Stephens, Rowbum, Gulden set to play more inside minutes'. Add to that JPK, Parker, Mills and even Clarke, and I just can't see us trading in OMeara.
personally - dont want any of the old Hawks.

I can understand why the Swans are interested in Ladhams. They obviously rate him as they chased him last year despite having 2 years to run on his contract. Theres every chance Hickey will retire at the end of this year - 3 kids under 2yo!! and keen to get home to the Goldcoast.
So end of 2022, there's no Sinclare and probably no Hickey. McAndrew is 2-3 years away at best, Amartey (who I rate as a ruck) would struggle as a first ruck, although a good 2nd ruck. 2022 draft is likely to bring a highly rated academy ruck who wouldn't be ready for 4-5 years.
Ladhams offers a backup ruck option 2022, and a 1st ruck option 2023 - 26 (until McAndrew & King develop).
Decent rucks are hard to trade in so they might be taking the opportunity (despite 1 year early) while they can.

Cox - No F***n way!! Hes arrogant, I cant stand his accent, and most importantly - He CANT PLAY FOOTY

Few players to watch in wa v sa game:

WA:
Bazzo - KPD (late first/second)
Warner - Winger (second to fourth)
Sheldrick - inside mid (late second/third)

SA
O'Loughlin - HBF (third/late)
NWM - wing/hff (mid first/second)
Roberts - inside mid (early-mid first
Lemmey - KPF (2022 first)
D'Aloia - mid (2022 early first)

Range as it stands right now

Just flicked it on for a few minutes, sheldrick looks like a good player.

With Hill now requesting a trade, GWS have lost 3 of their first 4 players from the first two rounds of the 2018 draft. It's been only three years. What a disaster for them. Do they even do any homework when drafting players or ?
In fairness, would have been hard for them to predict that WA local Bobby Hill would request a trade to Victoria.

I think it’s becoming even harder for non syd based players to be retained IMO.

No doubt, we're having the same issue now. But that's with players 5 to 6 years in the system. Not 2-3 years. If it's happening that soon then it's a personality thing that they've clearly overlooked.

Why is this so? Is it just a covid thing or something else. I won't even suggest COL....😲
SA and WA teams have shifted focus to get more local talent to stop their own go home factor, so they are targeting those players at other clubs. Add that to Vic kids who have been leveraging home forever and suddenly you have a situation where there is no safe place to draft a kid from except locally… which of course we just don’t have enough local talent for now…

COL (more broadly needing to pay players more to stay to give relative value to a player relocating to a cheaper state) definitely having an impact as it is likely COVID is too.

SA and WA teams have shifted focus to get more local talent to stop their own go home factor, so they are targeting those players at other clubs. Add that to Vic kids who have been leveraging home forever and suddenly you have a situation where there is no safe place to draft a kid from except locally… which of course we just don’t have enough local talent for now…

COL (more broadly needing to pay players more to stay to give relative value to a player relocating to a cheaper state) definitely having an impact as it is likely COVID is too.
Tough gig. I guess getting to and staying at the pointy end of the ladder is our best chance at retention. Fingers crossed the new training facilities are up to standard which can only help.
Can't see Gill the dill bringing back the necessary assistance. What else can we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back