List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Pick4…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Small forward isnt a crows priority. I am sick of watching the crows have no genuine class in the midfield. Im talking the level above elite quality. The sort of midfielder that can simply dominate a match. We need that and we dont have it. Selecting the 6th best player just because even though they are a small forward is an asinine decision when that isnt the need. We need a rolls royce in our engine room and its been years since we had one. If we dont draft one now then when we rise next year which is a certainty we start moving towards that out of the top ten pick range and our options at top line mids falls away drastically where as small forwards come and go.

and what makes you think that type of midfielder is going to be there?

Small forward isnt a crows priority. I am sick of watching the crows have no genuine class in the midfield. Im talking the level above elite quality. The sort of midfielder that can simply dominate a match. We need that and we dont have it. Selecting the 6th best player just because even though they are a small forward is an asinine decision when that isnt the need. We need a rolls royce in our engine room and its been years since we had one. If we dont draft one now then when we rise next year which is a certainty we start moving towards that out of the top ten pick range and our options at top line mids falls away drastically where as small forwards come and go.

I am praying its lazy journalism from Cal Twomey. Why on earth would anyone in their right mind select a small forward in the the top 10 let alone at four. The Crows need a solid midfielder and the best they can get. Nothing against Josh, i am sure he would prove to be a fantastic forward at the feet of Thilthorpe etc. But a small forward is a position we can fill at any draft pick. Even if its not Finn we must select the next best Mid in the draft.
Nah too narrow minded. It’s easier to buy mids than genuine goalkickers.

Well said, 100% agree. And that’s nothing against Rachelle, who I really like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im locked and loaded for tonight. New batteries in the remote.

dog-watching-tv.gif

With some not super keen on Rachele, Power a chance to trade in another pick tonight, potentially taking a Sinn/Goater type combo, the melts are gonna be huuuge 🤣
I want Bigfooty to crash tonight.

That means its an awesome draft.

Rachele won't be gone by our pick. Gold Coast aren't taking him.
Not sure I like that pick at #7 either. I think there are better options.

Getting two first rounders would not be a bad idea if we can get our best option available plus our another highly rated talent at 15. I guess it depends on who we think at 33 is worth keeping.

Is that the Pepsi bottle you take to the cricket that is actually 50% bourbon/scotch?
Are you spying on me .....been on the Bourbons since 3pm

Blantons Single Barrell :)

5:05PM - CLUBS READY TO ‘GO BIG’ AND TRADE OUT FUTURE FIRSTS

A big night of live trading is on the cards, with multiple clubs considering trading away next year’s first-round picks to move into the first round this year.

Port Adelaide and West Coast are the two sides most interested in making a move, according to AFL Media’s Callum Twomey. Both sides own their future firsts.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Giants’ second first-round pick, currently No.13, is the most gettable as they eye a number of role players who could be available further down the order.

Twomey reported Richmond’s pick (15) and Fremantle’s first pick of the second round (19) are also viewed as gettable.

The Dockers’ pick, obtained from Gold Coast in the unusual Will Brodie deal, won’t be used until Thursday night giving clubs an extra 24 hours to make inquiries

The Western Bulldogs are set to trade out pick 23 to Geelong before Greater Western Sydney use pick No.2 to bid on Bulldogs father-son prospect Sam Darcy, in what promises to be a dramatic opening to the 2021 national draft on Wednesday night.

Club sources said the deal will also involve North Melbourne, who will use the first selection in the draft to take Jason Horne-Francis, as they attempt to gain a pick in the 30s after their second selection at pick 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Picks part deux: 4/33/75

Back