List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) General consensus is that he will be a great winger as he has the speed and skill to play that position
2) Valid point but as long as the contract isn't too big it should be manageable
3) He got 11 tackles in one vfl match and I've swen him score from outside 50

Sometimes you’ve got to offer overs to get players to the club. Actually I’d go as far as to say most of the time.

Three years with a games based trigger for a fourth is alright by me. He’s played three seasons at AFL level, so that’d take him to six.

I have a feeling there will be v minor future pick swaps to make clubs feel content

Cerra and future fourth to Carlton for pick 6, pick 35 and future third
Pick 27 for Clark and a swap of each club's future third rounders
Geelong's future third rounder for Brodie and pick 58 (worthless for GC)

Leaves us with pick 6, 8, 35 & 58 this year and Clark and Brodie

2022 we have a future first and future second but no third or fourth rounders

I know I'm being petty and I know we'll likely give it up if we get it, but I really hate the idea of giving up 25 for a dude who cant get a game. 25 feels so much worse to me then 27
I really doubt we’ll get 25 and doubt we’ll push for it knowing that it will be handed onto Geelong and dilute the rest of the trade.

The very best we could offer is the 25 after passing back 27 to Carlton. But we can’t give what we never had so best we worry about maximising our position with Carlton and Geelong and ask for third round pick for 2021 along with F2. Carlton will hold their pick 25 or at the very worst for them trade down from 25 to 27.

If WCE and Carlton swap draft picks and Sam PS for Brander as well we could ask for pick 51/52(49 pushed back after Free agency compo for the likes of Kelly (Essendon), Hewett (Adelaide) and Chol (GCS) as well as F2.

Cerra, F4 > 6, 51, F2

Last edited:
I have a feeling there will be v minor future pick swaps to make clubs feel content

Cerra and future fourth to Carlton for pick 6, pick 35 and future third
Pick 27 for Clark and a swap of each club's future third rounders
Geelong's future third rounder for Brodie and pick 58 (worthless for GC)

Leaves us with pick 6, 8, 35 & 58 this year and Clark and Brodie

2022 we have a future first and future second but no third or fourth rounders
That seems to be the general consensus at the moment but We should definitely try and get pick 25 off Carlton. And we will still have Carltons future 3rd in that situation.

If you're a successful leader you need to challenge behaviour and demand high standards. Unfortunately it doesn't correlate with being a people pleaser and having everyone like you.

I want our captain to be leading by example and be respected. That's Fyfe to me. I don't want our captain to be part of the 'in-group' playing fifa and tiktoking with the bois Monday to Friday.

Jordan Clark loves a goal and has the innate greediness that makes him bomb them from outside 50 with success. So valuable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes you’ve got to offer overs to get players to the club. Actually I’d go as far as to say most of the time.

Three years with a games based trigger for a fourth is alright by me. He’s played three seasons at AFL level, so that’d take him to six.
Yeah agree.

But we should not be offering overs during a rebuild.

Especially not fringe players.

I would be playing Jordan Clark and Young as the half backs. Could brandon Walker be a wing or nah?

I would be playing Jordan Clark and Young as the half backs. Could brandon Walker be a wing or nah?
I think Walker can be a wing, but it is unknown, and probably not something I would do until he has another season under his belt.

If Clark is coming in to play hbf then Wilson is finished.

I think this is the problem, you start pushing other players out of there best position.

Unless we trading out some defenders, then I don't want Clark.
If our coaches have looked at Clark and seen our future wing sorted, then no problem. Just need to figure out what to do with Henry and Frederick.

Or if they have charted Walker, O'Driscoll and Chapman's future development as not being defenders, and if they see Wilson being a delist at the end of this year, I also get it.

If our coaches have looked at Clark and seen our future wing sorted, then no problem. Just need to figure out what to do with Henry and Frederick.

Or if they have charted Walker, O'Driscoll and Chapman's future development as not being defenders, and if they see Wilson being a delist at the end of this year, I also get it.
Agree, I have just no faith in our ability to judge players.

I think this is the problem, you start pushing other players out of there best position.

Unless we trading out some defenders, then I don't want Clark.
You only trade for what you don’t have, I agree it’s wing or nothing.
I reckon even Wilson will struggle to get a game next year.
I’ve been very impressed with Walker and his delivery with Young.
Honestly they could just bypass the wings and kick to the half forwards😜
Sure we need to replace Cerra, but it’s the forward line that will
stop us playing finals, or even be a major threat.

Would we trade pick 6 (carlton) and future first to gold coast for picks 3, 19 & 22.
I would then look at drafting Callaghan (3), Rachele (8), JVR/Williams (19), Hough (22), Benning cat B
Trade in Clarke (27).
I think that would address alot of our list issues.
Sure if you could guarantee no other clubs get in our way😜
We couldn’t even get Henry on the cheap.
If Chris25 thinks Erasmus is top 5, only the top 4 seems set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back