List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He averaged 6 possessions a game. 4 uncontested possessions per game. That's not effective offensive running.

I think you’re drawing too many conclusions from his stats. IMHO he generally stays pretty deep but leads up at the footy and works hard to get back after a lead. That’s offensive running, irrespective of whether he’s used, or ends up with the footy. You could make a case that where and when he’s running is an issue but given he’s 12 games into a career I’m happy to cut him some slack.

I think you’re drawing too many conclusions from his stats. IMHO he generally stays pretty deep but leads up at the footy and works hard to get back after a lead. That’s offensive running, irrespective of whether he’s used, or ends up with the footy. You could make a case that where and when he’s running is an issue but given he’s 12 games into a career I’m happy to cut him some slack.
Also, if he's leading to space & doesn't get used, he opens up space for a teammate. It doesn't get put down as a stat, but it can help the team.

His effort is undoubtedly there, but if he's not getting on the end of the footy or having much involvement in our attacks, I'm not sure how you can call him a great two-way runner. That's all i'm saying. He's an exciting prospect - athletically awesome, nice looking skills and great intensity - chases like a lunatic, but he's still got a fair way to go as he doesn't seem yet to have learnt to run to positions to get the footy.

His effort is undoubtedly there, but if he's not getting on the end of the footy or having much involvement in our attacks, I'm not sure how you can call him a great two-way runner. That's all i'm saying. He's an exciting prospect - athletically awesome, nice looking skills and great intensity - chases like a lunatic, but he's still got a fair way to go as he doesn't seem yet to have learnt to run to positions to get the footy.

I’m happy for you to disagree, just think the possessions justification is pretty lame (pun intended).

Highly doubt he would have played nba. There was only a couple of Aussies in the NBA at that time and he would either need to have elite speed or be quite a bit taller to even be considered. I think he made a wide choice!
Patty has done alright and he's 6'1"

Slack from Media Team

Perhaps that weren't given access to him rather than just being lazy? Has Hine done any media after the second day? Second time you've had a go at them over this. They were able to take the time to produce the "Grind" documentary, but couldn't put a camera in front of Hine for a few minutes because they were too slack? I doubt it. You've been having a go at them for years over multiple media teams for their performance, but don't you think it's more a case of the club underfunding and underresourcing the department?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, fair enough TT. I guess I'm assuming DeGoey will have DeGone (massive blow since he was about to become our best player) and I think our young players are good, maybe very good, but not elite. It's such a difficult path to tread, a "solid" rebuild because it's easy to overestimate your list. I'm expecting another bottom 4 year coming up and then we have the end of our champions: Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Elliot. Having seen the late 90s and early 2000s, I gots a bad feeling.

I hope you're right though. This is the kind of wrong I'd love to be.

I think free agency offers an opportunity to cover some of those losses. As will getting Nick Daicos. Another bottom 4 finish will also net us a high draft pick. If De Goey stays happy days, if not we'll end up with compo picks and cap space. It's difficult but not insurmountable.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for our drafting strategy for both 2020 and 2021... As a whole... One draft 2021 should be considered in relation to the previous draft in 2020.. Also taking into account the s**t storm our financial list was in at the end of 2020.. Leads me to embrace our future 2022 draft to consolidate our list deficits.. ie KPP. My best years supporting the pies has always embraced the rebuilding years despite the pain of losses. As it has always made the victories so much sweeter.. Play our youth ASAP. Its about tommorow.. Not today.

Did you know Patty Mills got the AIS scholarship that Pendles turned down? Win win there!
Yes, Patty's just a great person, on and off the court. He's going gangbusters for the Nets at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back