List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So as per usual... The tight knit community on this board will ignore as apposed to engage in conversation/debate a infrequent posters comments.. This is fine.. However. From the outset let the rest of us know if this is a inclusive forum or not.. Like or dislike this is the impression some of us feel. I would love to chat or discuss our clubs fortune/misfortune presently or in the the past. Maybe 10 word replies is the best way to get a response. I await your non-reply. Regards Spankme

Not sure what you're on about. Your original post got a few emoji responses.

But seeing you want a written response:

I don't agree with the first line: "There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for our drafting strategy for both 2020 and 2021" I don't think many have issue with the drafting - 2020 trading wasn't popular though.

I agree with the rest of it and am looking forward to watching us re-build. Like you, I enjoy the blue sky promise of a developing team.

I agree he’s got some ground to cover in terms of the buzz word, production, but those numbers aren’t a fair and accurate reflection of his work. He had two zero possession matches as the medi sub and was subbed out less than 5 minutes into a 3rd. That brings his numbers up to 8 ppg which given the context of how poor we were and the role he played it’s a decent launching pad.

Petruccelle and Tipungwuti are the finished product in terms of what we can hopefully expect of McReery and both went at 10 ppg in 2021 so he’s not far off in that role. The key isn’t so much whether he can bridge the gap to that level of output, but rather whether he can go further into Papley territory, IMO.

I think he's a really good prospect. I just don't yet think he's demonstrated that he's a good offensive runner who knows where to run to get involved as often as you'd like.

I think Petrucelle still has a fair bit of development left in him.

Papley is an interesting one. Fabulous forward. But he's one where I wonder how he became a forward rather than a mid. I wouldn't want to change it if I was Sydney, but he's just so awesome at hunting the ball in the congestion of a spill that it's surprising that he didn't come through the system as a mid. To me he's elevated above the other ground ball forwards, as he's instinctively as good as the top line mids.

Last edited:
Not offensive in the slightest to me it’s just a type of username that we see every few months from a certain poster (or posters) who start out with a bang and then just disappear. If you’ve been here for 20 years you’d know exactly who I’m referring to and anyone that’s been here for any length of time has probably lost track of the number of aliases they’ve had. It just gets easier for regulars to not engage because you can generally pick it with a few posts (or it is for me at least). Snagbreac is the current account they use…

Not offensive in the slightest to me it’s just a type of username that we see every few months from a certain poster (or posters) who start out with a bang and then just disappear. If you’ve been here for 20 years you’d know exactly who I’m referring to and anyone that’s been here for any length of time has probably lost track of the number of aliases they’ve had. It just gets easier for regulars to not engage because you can generally pick it with a few posts (or it is for me at least). Snagbreac is the current account they use…
Thx Bro... I don't have a tweeter account ra ra ra.. Just a very basic hotmail account at 51yrs I am behind the game.. Thankyou for your reply. Just want to have a chat with people with the club I love... Trying to decide my more appropriate handle to appease others... Regards Spankme (pie)

Not sure what you're on about. Your original post got a few emoji responses.

But seeing you want a written response:

I don't agree with the first line: "There doesn't seem to be a lot of love for our drafting strategy for both 2020 and 2021" I don't think many have issue with the drafting - 2020 trading wasn't popular though.

I agree with the rest of it and am looking forward to watching us re-build. Like you, I enjoy the blue sky promise of a developing team.
Thx you.. Although not quite up to date with emojie responses (at 51 hrs I have a basic hotmail account only ... No twitter account ra ra ra

Thx you bro for your reply.. I hope during a rebuilding period we offer Jordy D G a contract extension with the view to off-loading him for a higher draft pick next year as a contracted player... Therefore a extra high draft selection.. Whether it is a 1st or 2nd round for Jordy plus our 2022 ladder position of our 1st round pick. Go the pies... Us thx you for your reply.. Regards Spankme{pie}.. Keen for others to respond
Hopefully what has happened either gets us an excellent season and a couple 1st rounders or a reduced contract size from De Goey. We may match another teams offer to get a trade done if only a 2nd round compo is offered.

Tnx Trade draft... AlwaysllA
Thx Trade Dr[PLAYERC
Thx TradeDraft... Always been appreciative of your prompt post. Regards Spankme(pie)
[/PLAYERCARD]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of the videos on the AFL site play for me atm.

Can someone please give me the key takeaways from the Hine interview?
Main messages

Hose down expectations for ND in 22. Will play a mix of roles, maybe not immediately in the AFL and only limited mid time if he plays there at all. Not strong enough for that yet

Dropping to pick 4 was a bonus allowing us to get a bit earlier into the draft

Arlo he had a bit higher on the board hence the trade to move up

The other two came about where expected but their profile of pace and lateral movement were list need

Charlie Dean we targeted for rookie draft and he can play seniors early

Next year good stock of talls and we will be targeting that via the draft and trading

An aberration.
I don't know if you are from Melbourne or not but some parts of Toorak have flop houses in them (that's rooming houses for the younger kids here).

I've done my fair share of deliveries into that area in 30+ years of transport work and I can assure you it's true.

Besides that the 'Affluent' part of Toorak is just Melbourne's 'show me' rich. Real money lives elsewhere.

Last edited:
I don't know if you are from Melbourne or not but some parts of Toorak have flop houses in them (that's rooming houses for the younger kids here).

I've done my fair share of deliveries into that area in 30+ years of transport work and I can assure you it's true.

Besides the 'Affluent' part of Toorak is just Melbourne's 'show me' rich. Real money lives elsewhere.
Now he is a demographer! Given the Langdon family business is coming up on 170 years old - they once had the Australian licence for aspirin - they are quintessential old Toorak money.

And sadly, Bucks' kids won't be father-son prospects.

Now he is a demographer! Given the Langdon family business is coming up on 170 years old - they once had the Australian licence for aspirin - they are quintessential old Toorak money.

And sadly, Bucks' kids won't be father-son prospects.

Interesting. Why do you suggest Buck’s kids won’t play footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back