Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Ladhams deal falls through, Port want him out, he has a decent contract, they’ve replaced him with Finlayson, they want a pick and keeping him now wouldn’t be great for team moral and cohesion
Could be Lobbe scenario all over again...

How would you like to be the GWS list manager trying to negotiate with DoDo over Bobby Hill. You would want to see if you still have your wallet after the meeting.
Isn't Hill not out of contract, so GWS should be able to extract fair value or keep Hill.

Last edited:
Ladhams was a rookie selection 4 years ago.

How many other rookie selections have been traded out for first rounders after 4 years in the system where they haven't established themselves?

I'm sure there have been loads that I just can't think of right now.
Charlie Cameron... except he was established.

Hence Ladhams is worth a 2nd rounder

Just caught up with the news that Port replaced Schofield and Voss with internal promotions and a cheap hire to replace an internal promotion.

No doubt the AFL, like hiring/promoting their CEO, had a $ay.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yep, they are rooted

Blew the chance of a flag in their centenary year, with all the $$ that would have generated

Blew their chance this year in a totally humiliating way

Decent assistant coaches have said “Enough of this shite, I’m off”

They’ve raised just $163k of $13m for their Chasing Credibility fund, and no one is falling over themselves now to make up the difference

So now they’re running on fumes

And all along they’ve had the chance to fix the problem - sack Ken - and instead useless feckin Koch gave him a feckin extension

They are rooted beyond all rooting

I actually feel sorry for some of their genuine supporters

But overall: couldn’t happen to a nicer club

Yep, they are rooted

Blew the chance of a flag in their centenary year, with all the $$ that would have generated

Blew their chance this year in a totally humiliating way

Decent assistant coaches have said “Enough of this sh*te, I’m off”

They’ve raised just $163k of $13m for their Chasing Credibility fund, and no one is falling over themselves now to make up the difference

So now they’re running on fumes

And all along they’ve had the chance to fix the problem - sack Ken - and instead useless feckin Koch gave him a feckin extension

They are rooted beyond all rooting

I actually feel sorry for some of their genuine supporters

But overall: couldn’t happen to a nicer club
Usually catches up with those living beyond their means...

Just caught up with the news that Port replaced Schofield and Voss with internal promotions and a cheap hire to replace an internal promotion.

definitely

it’s no different to having the bank put a representative on your board because you’re not meeting targets. When you’re spending someone else’s money, they tend to get a bit funny about your spending decisions

not unfair really

Port making a lot of the same mistakes we made in the past.

It's great.

Except luckily we're a strong club who could afford to fix things when we finally realised our mistakes.

Cut up a bunch of contracts and told them to clear out even if it cost us financially in the short term. Port don't have that financial luxury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What actually has happened to his body that he cant even make it back to play AFL Footy? He is only 29 and somehow is totally cooked, and has barely moved from the goal square for his whole career....mind boggling.

Hasnt he been playing through pain nearly every game since he was like 24?

Sometimes pain is just pain. Sometimes it's your body giving you real warning signs.

Isn't Hill not out of contract, so GWS should be able to extract fair value or keep Hill.
Contracted. GWS were not happy he chose Essendon after their trade for Caldwell last year.
Weren't WC keen?
Or did Port want too much?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
Powell-Pepper is probably on more money than Ladhams and still has two years left on his contract. Port are probably expecting a first rounder for him or something that will net them O'Meara.

What actually has happened to his body that he cant even make it back to play AFL Footy? He is only 29 and somehow is totally cooked, and has barely moved from the goal square for his whole career....mind boggling.

1634046164721.jpeg

So Talia still not picked up....
Not surprising. Any club interested in grabbing him was always going to wait for the DFA period, to ensure that we didn't get any compensation.

Having said that, I think he's well and truly cooked, and would be very surprised if another club does decide to sign him in a playing capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back