Prediction 2021 Pass Mark For Each Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Off Tap your idea of "minimum expectations" is too high IMO. A pass mark should be based on steady incremental improvement. For Brisbane, we made the SF in 2019, the PF in 2020, so incremental improvement would be the GF in 2021. If we lost the GF I wouldn't consider that a failure, because the team is still young and would only need a small improvement to win a flag.

It also has to be relative to what is happening around you.

Hypothetically, had Geelong and Richmond raided every other club and taken their best players - a realistic pass mark becomes finishing 3rd or 4th - as they were the best 2 sides last year and have since improved.

Off Tap your idea of "minimum expectations" is too high IMO. A pass mark should be based on steady incremental improvement. For Brisbane, we made the SF in 2019, the PF in 2020, so incremental improvement would be the GF in 2021. If we lost the GF I wouldn't consider that a failure, because the team is still young and would only need a small improvement to win a flag.
I looked at each team as if I was one of their supporters and for Brissy I'd be expecting to win the GF after making it to the prelim's. Obviously you'd be happy to make the GF but now that your team has finals experience they should be setting the bar at winning.

Same with all of the top 4 from last year.

I looked at each team as if I was one of their supporters and for Brissy I'd be expecting to win the GF after making it to the prelim's. Obviously you'd be happy to make the GF but now that your team has finals experience they should be setting the bar at winning.

Same with all of the top 4 from last year.
Only one team can win though, it's difficult. I think winning the flag is a good aspiration to have for a team in Brisbane's position, but "pass mark" implies that anything below it is a failure, and making the GF would not be a failure. Even making the PF and losing again wouldn't be a failure as far as I'm concerned, because it isn't going backwards and the other teams from last year's top 4 are all worthy of winning a flag.

Pass mark is top 4 and a genuine contender.

Fantastic year is winning it. If everything is even (which it isn't) each club will win one every 18 years. So simply contending is a big ask.

The Cats are on a win or bust route for the next couple of years.

Eagles are close to old age catching up, but have a great squad - 2020 seemed to be horrible to them (except in Perth)

Lions, Port could easily win, but have time.

GWS are still awesome on paper. Not sure what to expect. A pass would be finals.

Heap of teams should hope for finals and to build into genuine contenders. I seriously have at least 8 teams almost running neck and neck.

For those down the bottom it's about improvement. Some it's getting the game plan working. Some its getting games into kids whilst not breaking them. If I were North I'd be happier coming last and having the team look like they'd really got some thing to offer into the future than coming 15th on the old guys slowly losing their mojo.

I think only Geelong needs a flag for a pass mark, because of how much they traded in. It's win or bust pretty quickly.

Port and Brisbane are up and coming so have time. A flag win is not necessarily expected of them, and it's not likely the last chance.

Richmond, we have 3 in 4 years and while we are the best team, teams don't stay up forever. We have cashed in well from our dominance and while not winning would of course be disappointing, flags from here are a bonus. Even the great Brisbane team was only a serious threat for 4 years.

West coast weren't close last year, way too harsh to say winning it all is the minimum expectation.

The Eagles were told that by the pundits in 2018.

Top 4, you are a chance.

The Eagles were told that by the pundits in 2018.

Top 4, you are a chance.
dont mistake me, i think youre a shot. but coming from where you were last 2 years, its unfair to say that winning the flag is the bare minimum for a pass mark. unless youre the kind who says only the flag winner gets a pass, and everyone else gets a fail because they didnt.

dont mistake me, i think youre a shot. but coming from where you were last 2 years, its unfair to say that winning the flag is the bare minimum for a pass mark. unless youre the kind who says only the flag winner gets a pass, and everyone else gets a fail because they didnt.

Did I post this:

Top 4, you are a chance.

In case you missed it, rather than chosing to ignore .... Top 4, you are a chance.

Flag or bust:
Geelong

Top 4:
Richmond, Bulldogs, Brisbane

Top 8:
Saints, Port, West Coast, Collingwood (tumultuous off season - otherwise expectation would be top 4), Carlton, Melbourne, GWS.

Improvement on last year:
Fremantle (I reckon they'll crack the 8), Gold Coast, Sydney

Not finishing bottom two:
North, Adelaide, Essendon, Hawks.

Essendon to beat North in North's yearly grand final.

I'd be happy if the stain of a football club I watch to finish higher than 16th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4 is the pass mark for us. Sorry haters! :D
2016 - Top 4 (should of been a GF)
2017 - Top 4
2019 - Minor premiers (should of won the PF - terrible 2nd half)
2020 - Top 4 (should of won the GF - terrible 2nd half)
2021 - Flag & nothing less, with the 3 stars you have brought into an already strong outfit.

Not haters being realistic bud.

2016 - Top 4 (should of been a GF)
2017 - Top 4
2019 - Minor premiers (should of won the PF - terrible 2nd half)
2020 - Top 4 (should of won the GF - terrible 2nd half)
2021 - Flag & nothing less, with the 3 stars you have brought into an already strong outfit.

Not haters being realistic bud.

Sorry bud, what supporters of other clubs think is a pass mark for us is just a set up so if we don't win the GF people can crow about it.

The expectation at Geelong is to play finals every year, so in theory that is the pass mark - but I adjusted it a bit higher since we made the GF last year.

Adelaide - no spoon, kids to kick on
Brisbane - Grand Final
Carlton - Top 8
Collingwood - Top 8 + no major controversies
Essendon - avoid Bottom 2, younger players to show improvement
Fremantle - remain in finals contention for the whole season
Geelong - flag or bust
Gold Coast - maintain consistency throughout the year, remain in finals contention for most of the season
GWS - no significant implosion, remain in finals contention for the whole season, keep as many players as possible
Hawthorn - see Essendon
Melbourne - Top 8, arguably win a final
North Melbourne - see Adelaide
Port Adelaide - no major regression
Richmond - if they won in 2018 I'd argue "nothing to prove so can do whatever". As it is, would want to win a flag
St Kilda - Top 8
Sydney - show improvement and aim for a finish outside the Bottom 6
West Coast - significant finals run (rather than merely making it and being also rans)
Western Bulldogs - win a final

It's to win a final. I don't expect us to make the top 4 but making it to the second week is a must.

Yep the same for us. Top 6 and at least one finals win. ( Two would be great.)
Will be the same as last year but off a much harder draw.

Flag or bust:
Geelong

Top 4:
Richmond, Bulldogs, Brisbane

Top 8:
Saints, Port, West Coast, Collingwood (tumultuous off season - otherwise expectation would be top 4), Carlton, Melbourne, GWS.

Improvement on last year:
Fremantle (I reckon they'll crack the 8), Gold Coast, Sydney

Not finishing bottom two:
North, Adelaide, Essendon, Hawks.

After finishing every round of 2020 on top of the ladder, Port’s pass mark would have to be Top 4

After finishing every round of 2020 on top of the ladder, Port’s pass mark would have to be Top 4
Of course. Especially since they've got what Champion Data rated the easiest draw in the comp (which is mind-boggling, for a team who won the minor premiership last year and who also got to play so many games at home!), and who have added to their best 22.

It defies all logic and common sense to suggest that they could be significantly worse this year and it be a "pass".

Especially when he has top 4 as a pass mark for the team who finished 8th, and had by far the worst record against the other teams who made the finals (1 win, 7 losses and a % of about 70%).

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2021 Pass Mark For Each Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back