Training 2021 Pre-Season Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that's the case, when looking at preseason training pics, most years. The combination of suntan and summer light can make "rippedeness" stand out more than it does in mid winter.
This is true in most cases. That photo of Matt Crouch actually looks like the shape of his body has changed a bit though.

When most of these players that everyone has written off start to find their way at AFL level - can we maybe learn to give the young guys some time to develop AND can we not anoint some young guy as the next superstar because he shows some good signs?

I reckon you can throw almost ANY draftees name up over the last 3-4 years and they would fall into one of these two categories on BF!!!

Patience young padawan.

yoda.jpg

Interesting to see how much the players have bulked up. Hopefully this doesn't impact on running ability too much.
Very pleased that the boys have responded to last year well though. I don't think fitness will be the issue this year.

I am also interested in seeing just how many of our players are likely/possible midfielders.
So far I have heard the following will play midfield minutes (not including wing);

Sloane
Crouch
Hately
Laird
Milera
Hinge
Schoenberg
Jones
Keays

+ also possibly
Stengle (if still actually on the list of course!)
Pedlar

+ maybe some rookie minutes
Berry
O'Connor

Anyone else??

The only thing wrong with this is the assumption that the engineers actually get paid more than the marketing guys, because they don't.
Well you know the old saying, a poor product well marketed will sell more than a good product poorly marketed.

We have plenty of players that can play half back. He needs to become the midfielder we always hoped he would become..he can play but fades in and out of games. Consistency should be his mantra leading into this season
Agree

He adds a different dimension to our midfield with his speed and foot skills

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't sure whether to say anything or not, but I think if I leave names out it should be ok.

I happened to be at a function with a number of the Crows boys over the weekend. I've met a few perviously, so it was pretty relaxed. I will say that off field they are ripping blokes.

A couple of interesting observations;

• The bulk up is evident. These guys looks seriously strong.
  • They are taking their preseason and footy very seriously. Of the 6 or 7 players I saw - only one had a beer. The others didn't drink at all.
  • One of the guys told me he had been looking forward to the function for 3 weeks and was really looking forward to having a drink. However, he copped a leg knock that day and as alcohol increases blood flow and could make the injury worse, he decided not to drink at all. This was not a major injury and he wasn't limping or anything - just wanted to make sure he was 100% ready for next training session. This is a guy you probably wouldn't think of as being that focussed etc...
  • As a group, they were really tight. Great vibes.
  • The only down side I had was that when I asked about Fischer, the only comment they made was 'he's very serious about his football'. There didn't seem to be much of a bond with him. Felt like big Fish is being too 'professional' and forgetting to have a bit of fun with the boys. Hopefully it's just my perception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any reason why, in 2021, we still can't get press conferences set up so that you can actually hear the questions?? It's unbelievably pathetic.
No coincidence Tom Lynch again spoken of glowingly by yet another player, not hard to understand why he's so highly rated by the club for both his on field and off field input.

Big wraps on James Rahilly from Fogs.

Interesting to see how much the players have bulked up. Hopefully this doesn't impact on running ability too much.
Very pleased that the boys have responded to last year well though. I don't think fitness will be the issue this year.

I am also interested in seeing just how many of our players are likely/possible midfielders.
So far I have heard the following will play midfield minutes (not including wing);

Sloane
Crouch
Hately
Laird
Milera
Hinge
Schoenberg
Jones
Keays

+ also possibly
Stengle (if still actually on the list of course!)
Pedlar

+ maybe some rookie minutes
Berry
O'Connor

Anyone else??
Smith Sholl Hamill
Feel Doedee is good enough to play midfield as well but is needed down back.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure whether to say anything or not, but I think if I leave names out it should be ok.

I happened to be at a function with a number of the Crows boys over the weekend. I've met a few perviously, so it was pretty relaxed. I will say that off field they are ripping blokes.

• They are taking their preseason and footy very seriously. Of the 6 or 7 players I saw - only one had a beer. The others didn't drink at all.
  • One of the guys told me he had been looking forward to the function for 3 weeks and was really looking forward to having a drink. However, he copped a leg knock that day and as alcohol increases blood flow and could make the injury worse, he decided not to drink at all. This was not a major injury and he wasn't limping or anything - just wanted to make sure he was 100% ready for next training session. This is a guy you probably wouldn't think of as being that focussed etc...
  • The only down side I had was that when I asked about Fischer, the only comment they made was 'he's very serious about his football'. There didn't seem to be much of a bond with him. Felt like big Fish is being too 'professional' and forgetting to have a bit of fun with the boys. Hopefully it's just my perception.
Good to hear.

Re the last point, I think Fish is just a bit of a weird bloke (and would be like that at whatever Club he was at).

Doesn't mean he can't be a good player for us. There's always at least one "that bloke" at every Club I've ever been involved with.

What sort of a person are you???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back