Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Brockman is an exciting 1st year player. His biggest attribute is his ability to hit targets on the run. Not loopy kicks but bullets. He is the type of player we sorely lack. Get the ball in his hands in space and it will be a scoring opportunity.

This of course doesnt cover the fact that he is also quick and evasive

Spot on, excitement machine!! Excatly what we need 🤞

Hi all, have only recently discovered this site and followed this thread for a couple of weeks now. Can I say that living in Qld and doing FIFO in outback WA is not the ideal recipe for a die-hard Hawk fan of 50 years. How good is it to get online from the middle of nowhere and view such informative updates and comments from articulate people at the coalface - Looking forward to joining the conversations ………

To easy to lay it down to this ...
Fact is was immature and like many indigenous youth not ready to do the hard yards .....then with strong guidance and support knuckled down to make an impact . Of course with lock down ( COVID) he flew under the radar to those in the East coast .
Eagles well aware of his potential.
Reckon this post would work better minus one unnecessary word Dash

Hi all, have only recently discovered this site and followed this thread for a couple of weeks now. Can I say that living in Qld and doing FIFO in outback WA is not the ideal recipe for a die-hard Hawk fan of 50 years. How good is it to get online from the middle of nowhere and view such informative updates and comments from articulate people at the coalface - Looking forward to joining the conversations ………
Welcome aboard 😀

Anyone know how far away seamus is from joining the drills and match sims (most reports he’s doing laps or on the bike)?

At a minimum I’d say 6 to 8 weeks before he fully is in the main group. He is only doing straight line running and nothing side to side yet. Will need to build the leg strength and fitness base before he joins the main group. The no contact skills drills should be earlier, maybe 4 weeks. Will also depend how his ankle & body responds to the extra workload.

At a minimum I’d say 6 to 8 weeks before he fully is in the main group. He is only doing straight line running and nothing side to side yet. Will need to build the leg strength and fitness base before he joins the main group. The no contact skills drills should be earlier, maybe 4 weeks. Will also depend how his ankle & body responds to the extra workload.
Yep more like 10 weeks because we like to give our ppl a mini pre season which is around 8 weeks and he hasn't really started running in earnest yet

Brockman is an exciting 1st year player. His biggest attribute is his ability to hit targets on the run. Not loopy kicks but bullets. He is the type of player we sorely lack. Get the ball in his hands in space and it will be a scoring opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the limited footage available it seems like Mitchell has that same ability.

Michael Osbourne/Chance Bateman comparison for Moorey coming from Sam Mitchell. Would be great for us moving forward if Dylan could develop into a player as good as those boys.

doesnt look to have Ozzie's mongrel but definitely moves like him. fingers crossed.

Any ideas on what's happening with this fellow? Seems to be taking a while to reach a conclusion.

View attachment 1050335
Strong mail that he was in hospital for self harm, and that we will not see him again.
Makes sense of the silence also.

I’d rather we left it alone in here.

Strong mail that he was in hospital for self harm, and that we will not see him again.
Makes sense of the silence also.

I’d rather we left it alone in here.
Disgraceful how the Herald Sun plastered him on the Sunday paper front page prior to an investigation - they will claim a life one day

Magnificent morning at Waverley. Sun was shining, sky was blue, cool breeze was blowing. I arrived at about 9.15 to find that the boys were already half way through a match with AFL umpires present. Apparently they were on the track much earlier than usual today.

Only guys missing from the match play were Capt. Big Boy, the Mitchells (T & S), Saunders, Pepper, Gunners, Sicily, Hartigan & Breust. Hartigan copped a knock to the shin on Monday so sat today out.

My impressions and observations from the 2.5 quarters of the game that I was present for:

First one I need to mention is DGB. He was playing on the last line of defence for the orange team, very much in the Sicily role, not on anyone in particular, just free to roam and pick up whoever needs to be picked up, which a lot of the time was TOB. He was outstanding. Comprehensively won that battle with TOB. He reads the play like Brian Lake and even when it looks like he is going to beaten, he manages to get the spoil in. 18 years old, plays like a 25 year old. Overheard one of the coaches mentioning DGB as the one that stuck out to him.

Greaves just continues to impress at every session. He was calm under pressure and was a driving force off half back for the orange team.

Dylan Moore playing for the blue team was outstanding. Worked hard pushing up from the midfield into the forward line, would consistently get his hands on the ball and then pops up in the forward line to either kick a goal or a with an assist.

Scrimshaw was excellent off halfback for the Blue team.

Day, also for the blue team, was playing off half back and racking up the meters gained with his running up the ground and then elite delivery to teammates with low flat bullet like kicks. Oozing confidence and looking like a 7 year veteran.

Impey was back to doing what he does.

The Chad was outstanding in all facets of the game. Clearances, goals etc. Effortless for him.

Finn was playing on the outside for the orange team and was getting his hands on the ball a fair bit. Disposal was not perfect but he worked hard and got to the right spots.

Downie, also in the orange, got heaps of the ball, didn't always use it well but like Finn, worked hard and got plenty of it.

Jeka took a couple of great grabs playing forward for the blue team and was a consistent threat around goal. Kicked a few, missed one or two.

Brockman was excellent. A real live wire. Seems to have a knack for getting into space in the forward line and being an option for the mids to deliver to. Kicked a couple of goals. His field kicking was also excellent. Doesn't appear to have any real weaknesses.

Kosi worked hard playing at half forward, took a few grabs and always made a contest.

Best mid was Jaegar playing for the blue team. Mix of inside and outside and was pure class.

Worpel was prminent fo rthe blue team. Kicked a goal from a free kick 55 metres out.

Ceglar was rucking for the blue team against Reeves and Brooksby. He easily won most of the contests but reeves definitely made life hard for him. However it was his work around the ground that stood out today. Ceglar is looking ready for a really good year.

Morrison was again excellent off half back. Seemed to be involved in everything and used the ball well.

CJ was excellent as always but will need to keep working on his kicking on the run.

One who I was really pleased to see playing well was Daniel Howe. Considering how much of the preseason he has missed, he was very good playing as mid for the blue team. Took a good grab in the forward pocket as well.

Nash played forward as did Reeves when he wasn't rucking.

There were 6 Box Hill boys out there.

After match play they did some running. Best runners were Finn, CJ, Moore, Saunders and one of the umpires. Kosi, Downie, JOM also ran well. was pretty good as well. They did three separate run throughs of two laps. I think the idea was to set the time on the first run and then match it or beat it on the other two runs. DGB and Reeves finished 2nd last and last in all three runs.

Shout out to houdinihuddo, Croc and others who were there offering their takes on what was happening as well.

No training on Friday.

I'll be back next week.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back