Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is that if Vardy plays one of our other talls has to miss or we miss a bench spot. If Vardy is littering offering nothing outside of the ruck and very little in it, it's like being a man down and you may as well play Rotham and Allen, use Darling as the chop out up forward and Gov as the chop out down back. Worst case scenario Allen plays 20% of game time in ruck.

60% Nic
20% Allen
10% Darling
10% Mcgovern

360B585B-BB98-4BB7-AD31-8FAFF3AF7392.png 23FEEAC6-290F-416B-83C4-A7FFA7CD7871.jpeg
From the AFL website so not an official list but aside from Yeo it’s not looking too bad albeit it’s missing Jarrod Cameron who’s something like 6+ weeks away with OP

Edwards’ mobility would be a lot more useful as a backup ruck though. You could throw him forward or back and you could trust him to hold his own in either a ground contest or in the air. Vardy just seems to be plugging a hole at backup ruck and being a liability if he’s not rucking. Whether that’s around the ground or just wasting space and rotations on the bench.

Noted Edwards was very good in the follow up play straight after a bounce or throw up / in. He was good at applying pressure / sticking tackles. Much more agile and faster than Vardy.

What I have enjoyed and like about the preseason is that I now feel that our midfield depth is better than it’s been in years.

Acknowledged starters when fit are:

Shuey
Kelly
Sheed
Yeo
Gaff
Redden

Depth:

Duggan
Xon
Trew
Winder
Edwards
Jones
Ainsworth

I also see Ryan having a run through the midfield at times this year.
In addition when Willie returns he also has shown in the past that he is capable of midfield minutes too.

Still need to find ourselves another A grade midfielder in the next few years.

As one who has constantly been calling out our recruiters on the fact that we have not nailed many drafted mids, credit now where credit is due.
Our midfield has improved significantly.

Spine looks set for the next tilt at a Flag.

But we need to draft our selves another genuine ruckman in the next few years for the post NN era to help Williams and continue to improve our midfield stocks.

Our list while ( in a state of some transition ),it is now looking more balanced and better placed moving towards Flag # 5.

Haha you acknowledged Ainsworth. No backsies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, the thumb injury worries me more than a collarbone anyway. They can get nasty and would have an impact on skills you would think.

On a side point, I wonder where suma is getting his news from since he burned his bridges at both clubs.

To be honest, the thumb injury worries me more than a collarbone anyway. They can get nasty and would have an impact on skills you would think.

On a side point, I wonder where suma is getting his news from since he burned his bridges at both clubs.

His son might hang around the same circles as Kelly?

True.

Lol he was scathing of Nic Nat and Gaff but then went on to say we will make the GF.

Odd cat Suma. Wish they asked about Trew but just harped on Nic nat & JK.
Scathing of Nicnat and Gaff - how so/why?

True.

Lol he was scathing of Nic Nat and Gaff but then went on to say we will make the GF.

Odd cat Suma. Wish they asked about Trew but just harped on Nic nat & JK.

Yeah he's got some genuine sour grapes going on, which is weird coz you'd think he'd be all over things horticulture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back