Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early word on Trew is promising but hey this time last year dual All Australian Mitch O'Neill was the steal of the draft. Got my fingers crossed

Early word on Trew is promising but hey this time last year dual All Australian Mitch O'Neill was the steal of the draft. Got my fingers crossed
Well that's the big difference for a player slipping through to the rookie draft, they only have one guaranteed year. List reductions make it more difficult. Just hope he can stay injury free next year.

Well that's the big difference for a player slipping through to the rookie draft, they only have one guaranteed year. List reductions make it more difficult. Just hope he can stay injury free next year.
At least zane can construct a sentence during an interview, I'm sure injuries weren't the only reason Mitch slid. Here's hoping

Don't think so playing for SD I'm sure he will be a mentor for SD indigenous players in the Colts I would imagine but close to the Eagles group and indigenous players , Cameron was SD also .
Isnt SD part of our NGA zone? You’d think they would maybe get a role to help with that

Isnt SD part of our NGA zone? You’d think they would maybe get a role to help with that

Academy for WCE is the Pilbara and South West plus parts of the wheatbelt.
SD Colts have players that come down from the Pilbara to play and South West region so I suppose SD do produce Academy players for WCE .

Hype over Mitch O'Neil was warranted, he was an absolute steal with the credentials he had on paper.

Just so happens we were the only club who thought they could sort his back issues out and get him on the park. Turns out we couldn't do it.

Glad we took the punt though, good on West Coast :westcoast::heart:

Rookie list is ideal for those situations, rather than extending careers of players who no longer offer much (Hutchings) or overlooking raw potential in favour of vanilla (Gorter). I'm not sure what category Burrows fits into though. What was going on there in the brain department.

...Rookie list is ideal for those situations, rather than extending careers of players who no longer offer much (Hutchings) or overlooking raw potential in favour of vanilla (Gorter). I'm not sure what category Burrows fits into though. What was going on there in the brain department.

Lost a bet category.

Was MON a victim of circumstance with smaller lists? I reckon we would've held onto him and persisted a bit longer if Covid didn't take a dump on the AFL this year.

He's not retiring is he? Fully expect he'll be playing footy next year.

Was MON a victim of circumstance with smaller lists? I reckon we would've held onto him and persisted a bit longer if Covid didn't take a dump on the AFL this year.

He's not retiring is he? Fully expect he'll be playing footy next year.
I hope it was because of Covid cuts because it annoys me that we drafted him knowing full well he had injury problems and would take a while to get right but then delisted him after just a year. Why not give him some more time to actually play football?

I hope it was because of Covid cuts because it annoys me that we drafted him knowing full well he had injury problems and would take a while to get right but then delisted him after just a year. Why not give him some more time to actually play football?
If we had kept him we couldn't have drafted Trew.

Maybe his back is screwed or just not likely to recover to a point that he can play football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah for sure, if his back is cooked then no point keeping him on but I feel like we could have found that out before drafting him

M O'neill much like the Cavka, was all about hoping his problematic issue came good so as to get a bargain. I'm sure WC knew of his ongoing injury concern, but weighed up the pros vs cons of using a late pick. Much to gain, not much to lose. If WC gambled with a 1st or 2nd round pick rather than a late pick, that wouldn't be so good.

M O'neill much like the Cavka, was all about hoping his problematic issue came good so as to get a bargain. I'm sure WC knew of his ongoing injury concern, but weighed up the pros vs cons of using a late pick. Much to gain, not much to lose. If WC gambled with a 1st or 2nd round pick rather than a late pick, that wouldn't be so good.

The other thing being if his application was good and we still had full list sizes he would probably have been given a second year on the list.

Playing GC in Perth round 1. Lets see them try to bully us in Perth this time around.
Let's bury those campaigners.

We had better get Brisbane and Richmond at home. Haven't played them here since 2017 and 2018.

Would love Port away 😎

Last game of the round, for a change.

Disappointed Disappointed Fan GIF - Disappointed DisappointedFan Seriously  - Discover & Share GIFs

Good thing i got my RDO the next day campaigners, providing i don't get sacked before the 21st March 😐

Yeah for sure, if his back is cooked then no point keeping him on but I feel like we could have found that out before drafting him

Was a risk worth taking, didn't pan out unfortunately. Chris Judd was a risk with his shoulders when we drafted him and look how that turned out.

Why do we get the rnd 1 game at home and nor Freo (it was their turn)? I don't like this setting a precedent for the AFL to arbitrarily decide this.

Why do we get the rnd 1 game at home and nor Freo (it was their turn)? I don't like this setting a precedent for the AFL to arbitrarily decide this.

Agreed.

Adelaide get the first home game of the SA clubs as well (as expected), making it just twice in 10 seasons that Port have opened at home.

This reeks of trying to give Melbourne the easiest match possible so they can start with a win.

Really hope Fremantle flog them, as they have been screwed over here.

Also I hate this staged release nonsense - just release the entire fixture at once and remove some of the current stink of deliberate manipulation that surrounds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back