Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1028181
Is that Foley closest to the boundary in this photo? If so, the AFL don't know who he is either as the caption on the article is; Elliot Yeo (centre) joins former Lion Alex Witherden and Callum Jamieson jogging laps at Eagles training. Picture: Getty Images/AFL Photos

While we are on Foley, it was disappointing not to see him up near the front for the 2km time trial. When he was recruited I was told that distance running was his strength.
When did Lamb rejoin us?

Here are pictures of Ainsworth in his draft year:

View attachment 1028344 View attachment 1028345 View attachment 1028347

When he first got to the Club:

View attachment 1028348

First goal:

View attachment 1028349

Last season :

View attachment 1028351 View attachment 1028352

And this is him now today:

View attachment 1028353

View attachment 1028350

Most player put on bulk and beef up after three years in the system, start developing a rig on them.

He seems to be getting skinnier and thinner every season, at this rate on muscle decline at the start of next season he is going to look one of the extras in Schindlers List.

The thing that got me last season was this: he seems to be a lot skinnier than when he first played for us.... BUT ....... he now seemed a lot slower.

I just don't get that ......... you loose mass and get slower..... WTF :shrug:

Look at his legs.

Has no power in them whatsoever.

Whoever is his S&C Coach needs to take a long hard look at what they are doing with him because he's not built for AFL after this many seasons at the club.

View attachment 1028181
Is that Foley closest to the boundary in this photo? If so, the AFL don't know who he is either as the caption on the article is; Elliot Yeo (centre) joins former Lion Alex Witherden and Callum Jamieson jogging laps at Eagles training. Picture: Getty Images/AFL Photos

While we are on Foley, it was disappointing not to see him up near the front for the 2km time trial. When he was recruited I was told that distance running was his strength.

View attachment 1028547View attachment 1028548
The height based off Yeo lines up. Rough night and squinting in to the sun and that could be the same dude. Either that or Hickmott has some explaining to do to Foley's Dad.

Looks like Kyal Horsely - new development coach, former Subiaco premiership captain and Gold Coast AFL player.

Despite all appearances he is only 33.

KyalHorsely-small.jpg

Which direction?
Away from you.

That photo, like one from last year, is doing my head in. I can't see a world in which the next 1 to 2 seconds of that sequence can possibly be anything other than a disaster.

I also concur regarding size, he will be making front page of women's weekly soon next to Celine Dion. WTF are they doing with his weights program?

I can't see a world in which the next 1 to 2 seconds of that sequence can possibly be anything other than a disaster.

In fairness to Ainsworth our captain did produce this gem last season...
luke-shuey-forgets-how-to-kick.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys I’m just a fan and Defs not obsessed but can you tell me who this recent draftee is?
View attachment 1028862
Have you invited Bunga around for a bit of your cooking (we know you mum can't cook for sh1t) and the odd raspberry daiquiri? You old romantic fool.

As much as I want to roast our strength and conditioning guys for incompetence, the fact that a lot of our kids aren't really getting bigger and stronger after years in the system must be a directive from the coaching staff/higher ups

We seem to value running power over anything else. Never mind that a lot of our boys struggle to break and stick tackles........

Its frustrating, because at the end of the day, as helpful as running power is, this is football, not track and field.

Its still to this day the only plausible reason I can see that Chris Masten was able to play 200 games

"But, but, but.......he can run!"

...Kelly looking a lot more trim compared to this time last year which is pleasing.

This shit is not pleasing. Kelly dominated at Geelong by being a good size to mix it up inside and out. Another heavier set mid to spread the workload with Shuey and Yeo is one of Kelly's main appeals. I don't think Kelly faded in any games last year from fitness?

The players will only lose size from here as they get closer to Round 1 and the cardio loads go through the roof. Slimming Kelly down too much would be like buying a race car and taking off the aero-kit to save weight. Performance will decrease.

This sh*t is not pleasing. Kelly dominated at Geelong by being a good size to mix it up inside and out. Another heavier set mid to spread the workload with Shuey and Yeo is one of Kelly's main appeals. I don't think Kelly faded in any games last year from fitness?

The players will only lose size from here as they get closer to Round 1 and the cardio loads go through the roof. Slimming Kelly down too much would be like buying a race car and taking off the aero-kit to save weight. Performance will decrease.

I agree but last year he returned with a few extra kegs on him and he only really looked fitter towards the back end of the year.

Good to see Barrass has bulked up somewhat and is looking very reminiscent of Schofield 2015. Because he got out muscled on to many occasions during the 2019 - 2020
Kelly looking a lot more trim compared to this time last year which is pleasing.
Barrass has always been quite big and at times in his career had to cut trim down. I think a lot of his issues arise from his positioning and general body work. That said I don’t think his legs are that big and getting stronger through the legs and core will help him a lot

Barrass has always been quite big and at times in his career had to cut trim down. I think a lot of his issues arise from his positioning and general body work. That said I don’t think his legs are that big and getting stronger through the legs and core will help him a lot

Barrass seems to like making contact very late in the contest. Superior bodywork players like, J. Reiwoldt, can exploit him with a timely counter bump that leaves Barrass no time to reengage before the ball arrives. The strongest guys, like Dixon and Hawkins, simply hold their ground and protect the drop.

So in short, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back