Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For anyone suggesting Kennedy should have retired lets just remember during a shithouse season where we were all over the shop with a lot less support than normal he was still the second highest goal scorer in the league.

You scale it to normal quarters and normal number of games and he still kicks 55-60 goals for the year.

How come our social media team never comes up with any good stuff?

I never see anything from the club pop up on Twitter on my timeline but other clubs are constantly interviewing debutants/making little graphic things etc

from 2011 till 2016 they were awesome but its a bunch of nothing.

How come our social media team never comes up with any good stuff?

I never see anything from the club pop up on Twitter on my timeline but other clubs are constantly interviewing debutants/making little graphic things etc

It appears to no longer be a priority for the Club, same as the Eagles website, very tardy and slack at updating our player list.
Have a look at the current player list it even has Hickey wearing a Sydney jumper FFS.
Conversely GWS have Langdon off their list, picture removed.
Certainly not all, but some of the other Clubs have updated the player lists with pictures and jumper numbers.

Full game day ticketed membership. :whitecheck:
AFL record membership numbers. :whitecheck:
Looooooong waiting list for in the wings. :whitecheck:

The standard has slipped, in the past it has been a lot better but the efforts seems to have dropped off, as the membership has become full.
It's disappointing.

At times it seems as if the Club prioritises profit above and beyond all else.
Membership and supporter engagement is a very important facet of the Clubs fabric and its identity, would be nice to see us lift our rating.

With massive cash reserves and annual profits you would think that a 100K per year would be more than adequate to rectify the problem, but then again, that would need the management to deem it a priority.
By contrast to us, even the dish lickers (Western Bulldogs ) have new players numbers up.

Look I am not saying our media stuff is total crap, but it certainly could be a hell of a lot better.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% Agree!

Not only courage but he is cool under pressure and backs himself.
From the first game you could tell we had something.

Rotham is progressing nicely, he just needs to crank it up a notch and do the following:

1. Become a greater possession winner more consistently.
  2. Use his speed to run and carry out of the backline.
  3. Needs to sharpen up his ball distribution.
  4. Increase his mix of attacking moves and not always go the defensive option.

Goods signs thus far, with an important year in his development ahead of him in 2021.

Josh is going into his fifth season, so its time now to step up and and show he is genuine starting 22.

With Schofield retiring and Duggan's probable transition into the midfield, its an ideal time for Josh to step up.

The competition between him and Brander can only be a good thing for the team.
Plus the pair create depth.

....and Duggan's probable transition into the midfield, ....

How many years has this "going to be the year for Duggans transition" been going on now? He's found his niche, he's forever a defender now.

Reality: Waterman > Rotham > Brander
Simmo: Play them all alongside JK, Darling, Gov, Barrass, Nic Nat, Spider Burton and Aaron Sandilands

How many years has this "going to be the year for Duggans transition" been going on now? He's found his niche, he's forever a defender now.

You obviously didn't watch much of the back end of our season.

This has always summed it up well for me.

Simpsons, Seinfeld, memes, cute cats: Which club's fixture reveal is best?

SIXTEEN of the 18 clubs were at their creative best when releasing their fixture on Thursday.

Popular TV shows, movies, memes and video games all featured.

Only St Kilda and West Coast didn't release a video at time of publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back