Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2021.
- Edwards went up against Vardy in the ruck contests and I'd say that Vardy has the inside running at the moment
- Trew looked a class above the other midfielders bar Gaff. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session.
- Sheed kicked on his right foot for 80% of the game, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
- Kennedy looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the quarters. Allen in particular seemed to be following him around.
- Gee Ainsworth has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
- What interested me the most was that Brander split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role in 2021.
- Langdon is very fast - Cripps couldn't keep up.
- Nelson is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
- There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
- No sign of Yeo, Warerman or Kelly . Couldn't tell you why.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 6.31.56 PM.png

Forget Duggan to the midfield, Liam Ryan to the midfield is where it's at

- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2021.
- Edwards went up against Vardy in the ruck contests and I'd say that Vardy has the inside running at the moment
- Trew looked a class above the other midfielders bar Gaff. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session.
- Sheed kicked on his right foot for 80% of the game, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
- Kennedy looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the quarters. Allen in particular seemed to be following him around.
- Gee Ainsworth has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
- What interested me the most was that Brander split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role in 2021.
- Langdon is very fast - Cripps couldn't keep up.
- Nelson is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
- There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
- No sign of Yeo, Warerman or Kelly . Couldn't tell you why.
How about we give this overused, unfunny joke a rest?
Its right up there with posting Gee on anything to do with Venables and putting Jack Watts as a poll option clogging up threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1061378

Forget Duggan to the midfield, Liam Ryan to the midfield is where it's at
Heavy collation.

This guy prints.

Edwards playing deep forward for the B squad. Thought he would be better going against Allen

Going by current progression he's now 250cm so time to move fwd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back