Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question is, where would he play when Naitanui is in the ruck?

Whoever plays that second ruck role, will be spending about 60% of their time on ground in another position whilst Naitanui is contesting.

Kennedy, Darling, Allen are certainties up forward, and if Waterman plays then he's probably running around there as well.

The forward line is already too tall long before any consideration can be made of adding Williams to it as well.

This is where it is disappointing that the club to date (considering the overabundance of key forward options) have never tried Williams in defence.

If there was a confidence in his ability to be able to slot in as a defensive pillar, he would be a certain starter from Round 1 all year long without any hesitation.

Personally, I would at the very least be playing him in defence in preseason matches to see what he can do there and if it is a viable option for Round 1.
He is also amazingly quick over 20m which I imagine can be honed to tackle or man up to spoil a lead .

Could we use Waterman in the defensive winger role? Assuming we still have a defensive winger role as part of this year’s gameplan.

He’s got a big tank and a good football brain, and didn’t look out of place the times he got sent into the backline last year.

Could we use Waterman in the defensive winger role? Assuming we still have a defensive winger role as part of this year’s gameplan.

He’s got a big tank and a good football brain, and didn’t look out of place the times he got sent into the backline last year.

Even as a wingman he would be handy in that role till we can play him as the third tall in the future.

Yeah Waterman is genuine utillity. Sadly I think I rate his forward craft highly and we probably will never see him playing deeper.
1DF925DE-697A-4BE1-9423-E4C709BA2203.jpeg
Chances of us getting live updates?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this push Brander out of the side?

What time is Swim-Off?

Does this push Brander out of the side?

Not sure he’s in it to begin with. I had him in my best 18 for tonight’s game, but that’s with Waterman, Kennedy, Williams and Petruccelle out of the forward line and Shuey, Yeo, Kelly and Hutchings out of the midfield.

Not sure he’s in it to begin with. I had him in my best 18 for tonight’s game, but that’s with Waterman, Kennedy, Williams and Petruccelle out of the forward line and Shuey, Yeo, Kelly and Hutchings out of the midfield.

R1 he's ahead of Jake only due to injury, but if we view that defensive wing as a spot we can trial a few blokes I see there not being enough spots for Jake, Brander, Rotham unfortunately. They're all good enough to be playing, or given a shot to build continuity at least, in JBs case.

Have heard from a reliable source that Jake has a bulged disc.
That's not great news. I've been battling with that since September. It's shit house.

Obv. Jake will get much better care and ability to focus on recovery than a numb-nuts in the burbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back